+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

  1. #1991
    FORT Fogey itsyourmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    910

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

    I agree. I see nothing wrong with wanting to have fun, esp. when you've been recruited. Who knows what you are getting yourself into. You may click with this guy or you may not. It will still be "fun" in some sense. I also don't fault her for working in touristy places. Good grief, I hope no one ever judges me by my youthful parttime employment. You make money where you can when you're still getting your education.

  2. #1992
    is mostly lurking... Secret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2621209;
    They couldn't save it because it was never there. I truly believe this was a scripted fairy tale to boost ratings.
    I have held myself back from posting in any of the threads relating back to Andy and Tessa pretty much since the show finished airing. Partly because I knew I needed to put it behind me, but also because the tone of the posts took a very negative turn that I didn't have the patience to try to argue about.

    But, after reading this, I just have to comment - not exactly your post specifically, but the general idea that the relationship was never 'real' because it didn't last or because they were just fulfilling their contract with ABC. This isn't the first time, or the first place I've seen this idea expressed, of course.

    Really, and truly, I think that dismissing their relationship as not 'real' is doing a huge disservice to Andy and to Tessa. Regardless of what everyone may think of Andy or what they may think of Tessa, I think it's a pretty safe bet that they weren't just going through the motions once the cameras stopped rolling because they were under contract from ABC. To me, in all of the appearances we saw after the show finished airing, they both seemed very happy when they were together - and if that was 'just for show' then they should both pursue careers in acting, because they were very convincing.

    I don't know, eventhough I knew this perspective on their relationship existed before the FRC aired and continued after the season ended, it makes me even more sad and frustrated to read now. I suppose it's a relatively moot point, either way, since it seems that they're broken up, but why pile that sort of negative speculation on top of an already sad/disappointing situation for everyone involved? I have my own theories as to why it didn't work in the long run, but they have nothing to do with a contractually obligated or fabricated relationship. Maybe I'm just naive - but I genuinely believe they really cared for each other, I hope they love/loved each other, but couldn't make it work in the real world...
    Last edited by Secret; 10-20-2007 at 11:39 PM.

  3. #1993
    Premium Member soccermama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On the soccer field...
    Posts
    2,281

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;2621289;
    I agree. I see nothing wrong with wanting to have fun, esp. when you've been recruited. Who knows what you are getting yourself into. You may click with this guy or you may not. It will still be "fun" in some sense. I also don't fault her for working in touristy places. Good grief, I hope no one ever judges me by my youthful parttime employment. You make money where you can when you're still getting your education.

    I agree. There is nothing wrong w/these girls going on the show for fun. They only have a 1 in 25 chance that the bachelor will actually choose them, so why not go in w/an open mind and just have fun w/it. The bachelor knows that he is going to be there till the bitter end, but as for the bachelorettes going into it, they can leave the very first night. I think it is more realistic to go into to have fun then to actually think you are going to be the "one" for the bachelor. Especially w/this season. I don't know that the girls even knew who the bachelor was until they stepped out of the limo.

    Secret ~~ Very well written post. I feel the same way as well.

  4. #1994
    FORT Fanatic momsunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    785

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2621320;
    I have held myself back from posting in any of the threads relating back to Andy and Tessa pretty much since the show finished airing. Partly because I knew I needed to put it behind me, but also because the tone of the posts took a very negative turn that I didn't have the patience to try to argue about.

    I have my own theories as to why it didn't work in the long run, but they have nothing to do with a contractually obligated or fabricated relationship. Maybe I'm just naive - but I genuinely believe they really cared for each other, I hope they love/loved each other, but couldn't make it work in the real world...
    You don't have to argue with me It is my own belief and I don't feel like I am doing them wrong because they are the ones who decided to go on a tv show. I love the show, I admit that. But in reality to truly fall in love in that circumstance? Very very very rare.

    You say tomato and I say tomato.

  5. #1995
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    687

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2621266;

    THose who go into it with an agenda for promoting their career in front of the camera (like Susan in Travis' season) are the ones that I have little respect for.

    Hmm...is there anyone like that this season?

    Jenni?

  6. #1996
    FORT Regular willoww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    54

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

    I keep remembering back to this post in May. I know some of you won't. but I believe this poster. When I read this (a couple of months after it was originally posted in May), I started seeing the problems in the relationship, and I think I knew then that it was just a matter of time before it was over.

    Message #238 of this thread

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    This will be my first and only post and even though I have been reading a lot of things that have been written, I could not speak. As it is, I can only tell a few things without being too specific. I know many of you will say, "your a fake" "this is false" etc., and thats the main reason I really debated whether or not to even post. I realize that not many of you will believe the things I will tell you. Now, I do not work with the bachelor show, but I do work with other shows so I do know a few people.

    1. The scene between Bevin and Andy when it was the final 2 date was not the first time he told her he loved her. In fact, it was an almost re-enactment of a conversation between the two of them during time on the fantasy date and there were no camera's about and they badgered both of them into doing it again for the cameras. The ones of you that keep saying, it looked liked it was forced from him, are correct to a certain extent. He did not want to say it in front of the cameras with either girl. But here again, it was not the first time he had told her he loved her and the fantasy date trip was not even the first time he told her that.

    2. There is a psychologist that is kept on staff during the taping of these shows. This person is in the cars when the girls are cut so they can talk about their feelings and have a professional in which to help them through it. What they don't tell you is that this person also talks with these individuals during the taping process. What you should be asking is how many times it was suggested he look at "the difference between a proper navy doctor wife and a non-proper navy doctor wife?"

    3. One of the final two girls begged to leave several times to both the bachelor and the producers. It was stated that she did not have the feelings for him that she thought she should have, and this was not the fun she thought it would be.

    4. When the bachelor stated he "hooked up with two of the girls", yes he did have sex with two of them and all I will say is that one of them was not the girl he chose. It was a common joke that she was a "rules" girl (I have also seen people talk about that here) and that she was following those rules to perfection to win. Take this any way you will, but I think the man always wants the one he has to chase and can't get.

    5. The gifts the girls gave the bachelor, they did not choose these gifts themselves. They were chosen by the production staff and the watch was paid for by ABC. The collage was also the idea of the production staff and they did 90% of the work on it. The only things the girls were allowed to do in this process was write what they wanted to write on the blank cards that were provided to them.

    6. I don't remember exactly when he stated that the girl he has chosen would be moving to Hawaii in June. If you paid attention to the "after" show Tuesday night, you would have noticed that this has now been changed to a vauge "end of the summer" comment. For those of you that wanted the claws to come out Tuesday night, they did, but it was behind the scenes. Bevin had been pressed before the show to "confront" Andy on telling her that he loved her, but she refused. Those of you that have commented on Mr. Harrison's persistence, this is the reason why. There was something said after the show ended about how much the bachelor kept rubbing Bevin's legs.

    The last thing I will leave you with is that all is not as well as we are being made to believe it is, but the staff of the show is trying real hard to make it seem that way. They have promoted this show so much as a success, that they are not ready to deal with another failure. The promotion of this season and all the interviews that were done is the main reason it was renewed for another season. Truthfully, from what I have been told, I expect a breakup at the end of the summer. I hope I am wrong and they do find happiness, but I have been told that the chosen one is not handling some of the things she has seen "as well" as we are being led to believe she has.
    Last edited by willoww; 10-21-2007 at 04:22 AM.

  7. #1997
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    42

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

    I didn't see any leg rubbing on Bevin at ATFR. The leg rubbing was all on Tessa.

  8. #1998
    FORT Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,636

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

    Andy Baldwin DID rub Bevin's leg on the 'After The Final Rose' show..very compassionately.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  9. #1999
    Peace MsFroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Up here in my tree...
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2621601;
    Andy Baldwin DID rub Bevin's leg on the 'After The Final Rose' show..very compassionately.
    Yes, he did. Compassionate or not, it was a stupid move. She should have been smarter and stayed further away from him, like, the other side of the country further.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

  10. #2000
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by willoww;2621512;
    I keep remembering back to this post in May. I know some of you won't. but I believe this poster. When I read this (a couple of months after it was originally posted in May), I started seeing the problems in the relationship, and I think I knew then that it was just a matter of time before it was over.

    Message #238 of this thread

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    This will be my first and only post and even though I have been reading a lot of things that have been written, I could not speak. As it is, I can only tell a few things without being too specific. I know many of you will say, "your a fake" "this is false" etc., and thats the main reason I really debated whether or not to even post. I realize that not many of you will believe the things I will tell you. Now, I do not work with the bachelor show, but I do work with other shows so I do know a few people.

    1. The scene between Bevin and Andy when it was the final 2 date was not the first time he told her he loved her. In fact, it was an almost re-enactment of a conversation between the two of them during time on the fantasy date and there were no camera's about and they badgered both of them into doing it again for the cameras. The ones of you that keep saying, it looked liked it was forced from him, are correct to a certain extent. He did not want to say it in front of the cameras with either girl. But here again, it was not the first time he had told her he loved her and the fantasy date trip was not even the first time he told her that.

    2. There is a psychologist that is kept on staff during the taping of these shows. This person is in the cars when the girls are cut so they can talk about their feelings and have a professional in which to help them through it. What they don't tell you is that this person also talks with these individuals during the taping process. What you should be asking is how many times it was suggested he look at "the difference between a proper navy doctor wife and a non-proper navy doctor wife?"

    3. One of the final two girls begged to leave several times to both the bachelor and the producers. It was stated that she did not have the feelings for him that she thought she should have, and this was not the fun she thought it would be.

    4. When the bachelor stated he "hooked up with two of the girls", yes he did have sex with two of them and all I will say is that one of them was not the girl he chose. It was a common joke that she was a "rules" girl (I have also seen people talk about that here) and that she was following those rules to perfection to win. Take this any way you will, but I think the man always wants the one he has to chase and can't get.

    5. The gifts the girls gave the bachelor, they did not choose these gifts themselves. They were chosen by the production staff and the watch was paid for by ABC. The collage was also the idea of the production staff and they did 90% of the work on it. The only things the girls were allowed to do in this process was write what they wanted to write on the blank cards that were provided to them.

    6. I don't remember exactly when he stated that the girl he has chosen would be moving to Hawaii in June. If you paid attention to the "after" show Tuesday night, you would have noticed that this has now been changed to a vauge "end of the summer" comment. For those of you that wanted the claws to come out Tuesday night, they did, but it was behind the scenes. Bevin had been pressed before the show to "confront" Andy on telling her that he loved her, but she refused. Those of you that have commented on Mr. Harrison's persistence, this is the reason why. There was something said after the show ended about how much the bachelor kept rubbing Bevin's legs.

    The last thing I will leave you with is that all is not as well as we are being made to believe it is, but the staff of the show is trying real hard to make it seem that way. They have promoted this show so much as a success, that they are not ready to deal with another failure. The promotion of this season and all the interviews that were done is the main reason it was renewed for another season. Truthfully, from what I have been told, I expect a breakup at the end of the summer. I hope I am wrong and they do find happiness, but I have been told that the chosen one is not handling some of the things she has seen "as well" as we are being led to believe she has.

    Willow, I also remember reading this post a couple of times. I think it was originally posted on this board. I believed it then, I definityly believe it now.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.