+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

FORT Regular

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

I remember one of the sweetest parts of Bachelor 10 finale being the part where Andy asks Tessa if she knew what was so special about today. And he told her, "It's just you and me!" The look she gave him was pure delight. Unfortunately, once reality set in, it was not just "you and me" It was you and me and marathons and tv interviews and mall appearances and public parties and triathlons and radio interviews etc etc etc. It went way beyond what ABC required of them. I could see as the weeks went by that Tessa seemed less and less enthusiastic. Andy kept saying that their celebrity gave them a platform whereby they could do goodworks. While he was not wrong in general, I think he was wrong in what was best for his personal relationship with Tessa. He had told her it would be just "you and me" but it never was. And now, while I think there is still love there, I think Tessa sees that Andy's style of living is not what she was anticipating. A life in a goldfish bowl stimulates Andy. Tessa probably viewed a life where the two of them came first. It will never happen with Andy. In the end he will have to find a woman who is happy to be a supporter of him and all of his involvements. There is nothing wrong with this. As long as the woman knows and accepts that kind of life. A supporting wife of someone who is very involved in philanthropic and public activities is a very important role. It just may not be what Tessa wants.

Re: MORE Thoughts & Comments in General **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by bachlorfan;2621170;
    I agree with your Dad. lol We saw that happen to Andy last season. The guy was a goner , madly in love at first sight with Tessa. Too bad Tessa didn't feel the same. She had me a believer, and im still wondering what went wrong. Or she is some actress and has missed her calling for hollywood.
    Maybe she realized she was way to old to be playing with Ken dolls.

(I'm sorry....Just kidding! )

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2621174;
    I have no pony in this race other than to win the rose ceremony game and wish that the women would be treated better in their edits, but at this point no one knows what motivated her to do this show ~ other than the producers can be very enticing when they want to be. They were able to talk Jen into being the Bachelorette after she told them multiple times "No!"
    Wasn't Tessa enticed by tbtp at some triathalon and her father said she did it for fun.

I think you hit the nail on the head SULIAN - well said

It really is too bad that A/T could not figure out a way to save the relationship - they had it all is seemed. I wish them both well.

They couldn't save it because it was never there. I truly believe this was a scripted fairy tale to boost ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2621191;
    Wasn't Tessa enticed by tbtp at some triathalon and her father said she did it for fun.

Father's statement. It is going to be fun, what ever happens will happen, but it will be fun. That does not mean going on just for fun. It means making the best of the experience and being open to finding love.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2621226;
    Father's statement. It is going to be fun, what ever happens will happen, but it will be fun. That does not mean going on just for fun. It means making the best of the experience and being open to finding love.
    But didn't the father say to Andy when they were doing the dishes....when Andy asked him why Tessa went on the show...the dad said, she went on the show for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by sulian;2621162;
    I remember one of the sweetest parts of Bachelor 10 finale being the part where Andy asks Tessa if she knew what was so special about today. And he told her, "It's just you and me!" The look she gave him was pure delight. Unfortunately, once reality set in, it was not just "you and me" It was you and me and marathons and tv interviews and mall appearances and public parties and triathlons and radio interviews etc etc etc. It went way beyond what ABC required of them. I could see as the weeks went by that Tessa seemed less and less enthusiastic. Andy kept saying that their celebrity gave them a platform whereby they could do goodworks. While he was not wrong in general, I think he was wrong in what was best for his personal relationship with Tessa. He had told her it would be just "you and me" but it never was. And now, while I think there is still love there, I think Tessa sees that Andy's style of living is not what she was anticipating. A life in a goldfish bowl stimulates Andy. Tessa probably viewed a life where the two of them came first. It will never happen with Andy. In the end he will have to find a woman who is happy to be a supporter of him and all of his involvements. There is nothing wrong with this. As long as the woman knows and accepts that kind of life. A supporting wife of someone who is very involved in philanthropic and public activities is a very important role. It just may not be what Tessa wants.
    I couldn't agree more. I am so sad that they didn't make it work, but time will tell if it is for good. I do believe the press was too much in their private space, and Tessa didn't like it so much.
    The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2621226;
    I stand corrected, Tessa was enticed by tptb at a triathalon. At the home town date when Andy was talking to the father or step father I am not sure which I remembered it to be a comment she went on the show for fun, because Andy had some hesitation about that response and Tessa really being there for the right reason.,,but that show is over and done as well as the relationship so it probably is mute.

Actually it is not a moot point as this issue comes up every season. I think Moana explained it the best. She was discussing how many of the girls went off to Paris partly on a lark. They wanted the fun and the travel and never expected to develop feelings for the Bachelor. The pressure cooker of the Bachelorette house certainly helps that process as we have seen time and again. The interview in which she explained this was posted here at the Fort but I'm having difficulty in finding it . I think many of us read it, during the Bachelor 10 season.

I dont think it reflects poorly on the women who go into this with a carefree, or less than serious attitude. I think it's actually healthy for them to think that this is a weird way to meet a guy and fall in love. Many of them, according to Moana feel that it will be an unforgettable experience and could be alot of fun, and you never know what could happen.

THose who go into it with an agenda for promoting their career in front of the camera (like Susan in Travis' season) are the ones that I have little respect for.

+ Reply to Thread