+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

onewally and angelic, you both have good thoughts as to why Tessa may have ended things. And riley, your thoughts on Tessa not being in the spotlight makes sense, too.
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." ~Theodore Roosevelt~

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2617779;
    I'm quite satisfied that we posters on this board have, collectively, figured out Andy and Tessa, together and separately, and their relationsip. I dont think they split up because he was facing deployment and was concerned about her being alone (pfffffth), I think she just didnt find him that appealing when she got to know him a little better. Period.
    I have no problem with you stating your opinion on what you think is the state of Andy and Tessa's relationship but please, I would rather you didn't make assumptions about me, as one of the posters on the board and thus part of the 'collective' as to what I may have figured out. Some of the posters on this board, a few of you, have reached certain conclusions about their relationship. I daresay there are a lot more who have the same mindset as me, and that is that Andy and Tessa are the only ones who know what is going on (or not) in their relationship and they sure as hell aren't posting about it on this board or any other.
    Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy
    it would not be wise for her to be in spot lite so much because of the imense wealth that surrounds her family.
    Rileymeboy, that myth, that rumor, was discounted a long time ago. Tessa's family certainly may be well off or comfortable or whatever, but they don't come from 'immense wealth'.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2618763;
    Some of the posters on this board, a few of you, have reached certain conclusions about their relationship. I daresay there are a lot more who have the same mindset as me, and that is that Andy and Tessa are the only ones who know what is going on (or not) in their relationship and they sure as hell aren't posting about it on this board or any other. :
    I'm not so certain that Andy hasnt posted on ...a ...board.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 10-18-2007 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2618899;
    I'm not so certain that Andy hasnt posted on ...a ...board.
    I agree with you, onewally.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I have no problem with you stating your opinion on what you think is the state of Andy and Tessa's relationship but please, I would rather you didn't make assumptions about me, as one of the posters on the board and thus part of the 'collective' as to what I may have figured out. Some of the posters on this board, a few of you, have reached certain conclusions about their relationship. I daresay there are a lot more who have the same mindset as me, and that is that Andy and Tessa are the only ones who know what is going on (or not) in their relationship and they sure as hell aren't posting about it on this board or any other.
    Rileymeboy, that myth, that rumor, was discounted a long time ago. Tessa's family certainly may be well off or comfortable or whatever, but they don't come from 'immense wealth'.

stickle. I will not elaborate on this board.. but Tessa, does indeed, come from a family of immense wealth.

According to the Washington Post, Tessa's parents confirmed, in a post-finale interview, that Tessa is indeed the granddaughter of one of Hong Kong's wealthiest men (his name is not mentioned).

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by willoww;2620494;
    According to the Washington Post, Tessa's parents confirmed, in a post-finale interview, that Tessa is indeed the granddaughter of one of Hong Kong's wealthiest men (his name is not mentioned).
    Tessa's parents have never confirmed anything of that sort.

FORT Fogey

Ignoring and denying the smoldering ashes under a pile of leaves and hoping the leaves won't ignite is no guarantee there won't be a fire. I truly felt for the friends and fans who valiantly fought for this couple in the last few months on this board and other boards, but it is usually true that " Where there is smoke, there is fire." I think those friends and fans who defended them so dearly to the end are probably hurt almost as badly as the couple themselves.
    Fans by the drove said that they wouldn't believe that this couple had split until they heard it from Andy or Tessa. I stated more than once that typically ABC makes one announcement either through their publicist or the couple's publicist, and that was done at the time of the dis-engagement. I further stated that if/when they broke up we would hear through a close friend. That was done through Mitch/Gatsby who was on the show as Andy's confidant. It is, therefore, appropriate to me that Gatsby made the announcement.

It is over. For whatever it is worth, we know that Andy asked to be announced on previews so that the girls applying knew who he was and what they would be getting. I very strongly figure that Andy told the producers exactly what he wanted in a wife. Pre-show media articles stated that he preferred brunettes, and his father stated in an article that Andy had preferred dating ethnic ladies. We know that they scouted Tessa for the show. We also know that Andy has certain career aspirations. I think that Tessa fit Andy's personal choice and career aspirations, but did Andy fit Tessa's choices? Better yet....was Tessa even ready to consider settling down for this part of her life? According to her stepfather she went on the show "for fun".
    From what I could see, Tessa prior to the show had been a bit of a "free spirit" - not that she was irresponsible. She worked, yes, but where did she work to make money ( for school, etc)....places like touristy Jackson Hole. Where did she work for a career - happening places like San Francisco. Tessa traveled when she got ready. Life on her own was full and exciting, and she lots of friends to share it with as well.

Life with Andy would be that the wife sublimated her life to his life. He said that the reason he had not married before was because the other ladies would not give up their careers for him ( marry him, settle down, follow him, have his babies, be the wife while he does all of his things and follows all of his aspirations). Was this the right choice for Tessa?
    I am not saying there aren't women for whom that is the right choice because it is the right choice for most of the wives of politicians and many, many prominent doctors, etc. I am asking if at this time in her life was this the right choice for Tessa and was this the right man?
    It has to be a two way street for a relationship to work.
    There are a lot of intricaties involved in relationships which make them very difficult and cause them often to destruct. This relationship by its very nature was even more difficult than usual.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 10-20-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Life with Andy would be that the wife sublimated her life to his life. He said that the reason he had not married before was because the other ladies would not give up their careers for him ( marry him, settle down, follow him, have his babies, be the wife while he does all of his things and follows all of his aspirations). Was this the right choice for Tessa?
    I am not saying there aren't women for whom that is the right choice because it is the right choice for most of the wives of politicians and many, many prominent doctors, etc. I am asking if at this time in her life was this the right choice for Tessa and was this the right man?
    There are women willing to sublimate their careers, etc. and follow a man's ambition. I have a very good friend who gave up her career as an attorney for her husband, who is a CEO. And that relationship works beautifully for them and their young children. However, I will once again go back to the point I've made here several times. Andy still had to give somewhere. It can't be all about him. To me, the obvious place was on the publicity, the alone time together, the flirting with other women. If Tessa expected that from him while thinking she could be happy giving up her career and be a "traditional" wife and mother, that would make perfect sense. But if he gave on anything at all, it wasn't evident.

Both partners in a relationship have the right to expect things from each other. Relationships require compromise, which by definition means that both parties give sometimes.

If Andy sticks to his "you will make all the changes, I will make none" attitude, it will be a long, long time before he has a successful, lasting relationship.

At some point, he will have to decide to make this a higher priority than his triathlons, charity work, flirtations, publicity, and whatever else, or just be a bachelor forever.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2620730;
    At some point, Andy will have to decide to make this (a relationship) a higher priority than his triathlons, charity work, flirtations, publicity, and whatever else, or just be a bachelor forever.
    IMO there are women out there who would be very supportive of Andy's lifestyle and confident enough in their relationship not to be bothered by a little flirting with other women. Bottom line Tessa/Andy have different priorities in life. I hope at some point they both find what they are looking for.

+ Reply to Thread