+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by obtessed4sure;2615533;
    I wasnt implying that he should stop his activities and settle into domesticity. Merely that he wasnt necessarily openminded or mature enough to really relate fully to an accomplished and nuanced woman as an equal and to keep someone like Tessa in his life. Did anyone read that poem on his myspace when it was open? I was surprised at how third gradeish it was and how it was supposedly a love poem to tessa but mainly consisted of reciting his credentials ("will you kiss this navy doctor?")

I do think he cares about people and might do some good things for the world but I am questioning his maturity level in spite of his many accomplishments. He is overly fixated on his identity as a military doctor and triathelete and probably sees the world in too fixed terms. He isnt really attracted to subservient women but he seems to want to make independent, remarkable women subservient to what he sees as his life's goals. It's going to be tough unless he learns to open up and compromise.
    Great Post!!! Ive been thinking the along the very same lines but could never have expressed it as well as you did.

FORT Regular

Thanks rileymeboy!

I had read some posts about bevin and how she would have reacted if andy wanted her to subordinate herself for his ideals here which I was responding to but sorry if this is the wrong thread since they seem to have been deleted. The following doesnt make too much sense on it's own but I'll post it anyway and just wanted to say that I agreed with the posters

Bevin was just way too desperate and needy. Accomplished or not, she seemed to lack what I call an inner core. I do think she would have molded herself to Andy's life plans and been what he wanted her to be but would have been really high maintenance and played emotional games with him for attention until he would have had to break up with her. I think she would have needed MUCH more attention than Tessa and that if she was F1 the breakup would have been sooner. People talk about her having a bad edit but I think her edit might have been kind. I've been following her myspace blog and her comments seem in tune with what I saw of her on the show, and she doesnt impress me. I do think she continued to hit on andy innapropriately after the end of the show and with her comments on her myspace page and she seems to lack real self esteem and needs the thrill of latching onto a man for what i would call the 'wrong reasons'. Apparently she found a boyfriend (DD) and talks about how in love she is now yet in her current bachelor recaps she even seems to be hitting on Brad!! She disses the current contestants ( like Hilary for crying too much ..LOL) and suggests that TPTB send Brad to San Francisco for HER to show him a good time! I thought that was pretty brazen but fits what I see of her character. And I felt a little sorry for her current bf to have to read her comments, 'joking' or not.

Overall she struck me as a needy whiner who NEEDS a man to feel secure yet with a roving eye. Hmmmm maybe she and Andy would be a good fit after all. lol
    Last edited by obtessed4sure; 10-16-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: oops I was responding to some posts about bevin that are no longer there?

FORT Fan

Bevin is not a desperate, needy whiner. My opinion of her is very positive. Andy has been contacting HER the entire post season. He seems to be the needy one. I am quite happy that she is dating a nice man. Good for her.

Bevin was a favourite of mine also. Awesome young woman. Needy absolutley not.

Andy's loss & he has to deal with it!!

FORT Regular

There were 2 or 3 other (well written) posts right before mine about bevin that I was adding my opinion to but they disappeared. Maybe the authors deleted them. I am new and not sure how things work here. So out of context my post sounds like a diatribe against bevin that came out of nowhere.

My opinions are my opinions but sorry if I offended the bevin fans.
    Last edited by obtessed4sure; 10-16-2007 at 11:37 PM.

obtessed the threads here at the FORT are not fansite threads. Our rules state :
    Contestants of a reality show, having voluntarily agreed to appear on our televisions, are open for criticism and praise, and everything in between, assuming it falls within the bounds of the rest of our rules.
    Welcome to the FORT. We hope you will enjoy discussing Bachelor 11 with us as well.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 10-17-2007 at 12:10 AM.

I found some interesting posts on the just jared site that sound like it might be from someone that knows Tessa..
    I posted the link on the Andy Baldwin thread..

It's interesting reading..

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlekeeper;2616112;
    I found some interesting posts on the just jared site that sound like it might be from someone that knows Tessa..
    I posted the link on the Andy Baldwin thread..

It's interesting reading..
    i went over and read them. Someone who REALLY likes Tessa has posted a couple of chapters about the Andy/Tessa relationship. Didnt sound to me like he/she knew them, just a lot of assuming and speculating like the posters here.
    I'm quite satisfied that we posters on this board have, collectively, figured out Andy and Tessa, together and separately, and their relationsip. I dont think they split up because he was facing deployment and was concerned about her being alone (pfffffth), I think she just didnt find him that appealing when she got to know him a little better. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2617779;
    I dont think they split up because he was facing deployment and was concerned about her being alone (pfffffth), I think she just didnt find him that appealing when she got to know him a little better. Period.
    Either that was the reason why, or the media/spotlight just wasn't her thing.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Tessa is also in a different position then a lot of girls Andy would date because of security reasons. I've thought of this often, even if Tessa didn't mind the meadia, it would not be wise for her to be in spot lite so much because of the imense wealth that surrounds her family. I would have thought Andy would have been smart enough to figure that one out on his own and acted accordingly.

+ Reply to Thread