+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Yes, Andy did tell Bevin he loved her.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2460883;
    Yes, Andy did tell Bevin he loved her.
    Bevin stated Andy told her "I Love You".

Quote Originally Posted by dizfan;2460831;
    Something else about the FD - does anyone else think the "I love you" from Andy to Bevin was actually inserted after the fact? We don't see Andy's face when it is said and Bevin's reaction is not that big so I wonder if that is actually a voiceover that was inserted there to throw everyone off. Perhaps he never said it to her at all. Just a thought...........
    Yeah, it was probably just a voiceover of Andy telling Tessa "I love you too, Bev!!! Andy did tell Bevin that he loved her (according to her, he said it more than once... we will never know, only Andy and her know and maybe some of the cameramen) and I think he shouldn't have done it... I'm not saying that Andy is an overall bad person, he probably didn't think about what he said... people do make mistakes... so why is it so hard to imagine that Andy isn't perfect?
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2461180;
    Yeah, it was probably just a voiceover of Andy telling Tessa "I love you too, Bev!!! Andy did tell Bevin that he loved her (according to her, he said it more than once... we will never know, only Andy and her know and maybe some of the cameramen) and I think he shouldn't have done it... I'm not saying that Andy is an overall bad person, he probably didn't think about what he said... people do make mistakes... so why is it so hard to imagine that Andy isn't perfect?

Or could possibly have feelings for Bevin. Bevin is a great person.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2461199;
    [/B]

Or could possibly have feelings for Bevin. Bevin is a great person.
    Sure, he probably did have feelings for Bevin... I just think he shouldn't have told anybody "I love you" if he wasn't 100% sure he'd be with her in the end.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2461207;
    Sure, he probably did have feelings for Bevin... I just think he shouldn't have told anybody "I love you" if he wasn't 100% sure he'd be with her in the end.
    Exactly how I feel Estella. I really feel he crossed the line on doing that. I was just adding to your sentence. I am just amazed how some people find it so hard to believe that he possibly could.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2461219;
    Exactly how I feel Estella. I really feel he crossed the line on doing that. I was just adding to your sentence. I am just amazed how some people find it so hard to believe that he possibly could.
    I guess that's because some people are so "in love" with Andy&Tessa that they kind of glorify that couple. Maybe I would do the same if Andy had chosen Danielle No, honestly, had he chosen Bevin in the end, then I'd say he shouldn't have told Tessa that he loved her. It has nothing to do with me liking Danielle and Bevin better than Tessa...

You make a good point, Estella, if he'd have chosen Bevin, and he'd told Tessa ILY, then I'd still have a problem with it even though I'm a Bevin fan.

I just think that the Bachelor should not tell someone he loved them unless she was the last woman standing. It could only lead to heartache for the woman he did not choose, and of course you expect to be the chosen one once you hear a declaration of love.

I don't have any real beef with Andy other than the fact that I think he crossed the line and not just with Bevin. He didn't get the HDDA nickname for nothing. He was very "hands on" early on with several of the women.

It does bug me a bit that some fans seem to want to explain away the ILY. He did say, "I love you too, Bev". There's no explaining that away.

I do think he felt love for both women, and he chose the one he had deeper feelings for. It doesn't take anything away from the affection he had for Bev. I believe it was powerful and real.

IMO he did have feelings for Bevin. However, he had that deeper connection with Tessa. I don't understand the ILY comment that he made to Bevin, but I guess that is something that he has to live with that he said. I hope that he has thought about the ILY and that he has explained the statement to both of the women. I really feel like it would be better for the three of them if this were to get resolved. Maybe it already has, I guess we will never know. However, I don't feel as if it is any of my beeswax.
    The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of what they have.

I have some final thoughts on the show:
    1. As to the ILY question - it is possible that Andy didn't mean "love" in the romanticized sense of the word because he differentiated it when he said he was "in love" with Tessa. I think he meant that he loved Bevin as a "friend". However, because she misinterpreted that statement, he should have added the "friend" part.
    2. Andy was a great bachelor, with some missteps here and there - a) IMO he was a little too warm and fuzzy with Bevin and Danielle on the Fantasy dates and with Bevin on the final day; b) I was disappointed that he too eventually resorted to the "she's amazing" jargon that this show has endlessly repeated for every bachelor. Does anyone really say that?
    3. I love Tessa - she was a great choice - he has excellent taste.
    4. These two are very well suited, if a bit too much alike (both Aquarians). (I tend to like someone who is my opposite, but then that's just me). She will be a great wife for a military officer and doctor. She is classy, elegant, smart, independent, and good natured. And, being an Aquarius, she won't be the possessive, needy type - perfect for a man in his field of endeavor. Bevin would not have adapted well to his professional life.
    5. I wish them the best and hope they have a long, and very happy life together.
    Last edited by aname; 07-05-2007 at 06:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread