+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 207 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 2064

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

  1. #131
    FORT Fogey katgib13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

    I don't understand why everyone thinks Tessa has to be the little obedient wife because Andy is in the military. What? Military wives aren't allowed to have their own interests? That's bullcrap. I'm sure Tessa will be able to find her niche. I'm also sure she will be able to continue to enjoy her hobbies. It's not freaking prison.

  2. #132
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    147

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog;2412621;
    7) If he winds up married to any of the 25 girls, it will be the Asian doctor, whose name I can't remember.
    i disagree, but that's still funny.

    anyway, i made this post on the view thread but it fits better here so i'm moving it.

    since they've already taped the AFR, i bet tessa already knows everything important that was said and done between andy and bevin. and he said himself that he's been preparing her for the things she saw on the show. if he didn't already tell her that he told bevin "i love you" i'm SURE bevin let her know yesterday! so isn't the fact that she's still willing to appear with him in public and appears happy all we really need for now?

    and like a lot of others have said about the outcome of this relationship..... only time will really tell. i hope they do last and i hope they have a lovely and happy wedding that is NOT televised and NOT extremely pink.

  3. #133
    Zao
    Zao is offline
    FORT Fanatic Zao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    572

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyanna;2412752;
    i disagree, but that's still funny.

    anyway, i made this post on the view thread but it fits better here so i'm moving it.

    since they've already taped the AFR, i bet tessa already knows everything important that was said and done between andy and bevin. and he said himself that he's been preparing her for the things she saw on the show. if he didn't already tell her that he told bevin "i love you" i'm SURE bevin let her know yesterday! so isn't the fact that she's still willing to appear with him in public and appears happy all we really need for now?

    and like a lot of others have said about the outcome of this relationship..... only time will really tell. i hope they do last and i hope they have a lovely and happy wedding that is NOT televised and NOT extremely pink.
    I agree. There is no way they were not prepared for what's on TV, I'm sure Andy filled her in. She didn't even look fazed on the View when the whole issue was brought up.

  4. #134
    Premium Member NYGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

    I don't remember anyone commenting on this, but Andy told his family that he felt an excitement when he was with Bevin that he did not feel with Tessa. I can't begin to imagine how Tessa is going to feel when she sees that.

  5. #135
    FORT Goddess AndyLuvsTessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    166

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

    Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2411705;
    I definitely think Andy and Tessa will have a long and loving relationship. Whether it will result in marriage, who knows? Virtually all of us have been deeply in love but for one reason or another it just didn't stand the test of time. I think Andy and Tessa have a very good chance though because I really think their love is true and honest, and that they managed to work it out even though it began in such an artificial environment. It isn't a created 'by tv' love, it's a created 'in spite of tv' love.

    I'm especially encouraged by both their attitudes. Andy said in interviews that he was so anxious for the show to be over so they could fall in love all over again in real life, and that after these weeks of waiting they're more in love than ever so obviously Tessa was feeling the same way. I think we're going to see a very happy couple on the show tonight.

    I love all your posts, stickle! I agree with what you said above. I absolutely saw the love story. However, I'm also a realist and will say only time will tell whether or not they will work out. I think Andy and Tessa are absolutely adorable and their story was very sweet and romantic but that does not always equate to marriage. I can only hope and wish them the best since their love story touched my heart and made it full.
    Flight for two on JedAir.

  6. #136
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

    Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2412747;
    I don't understand why everyone thinks Tessa has to be the little obedient wife because Andy is in the military. What? Military wives aren't allowed to have their own interests? That's bullcrap. I'm sure Tessa will be able to find her niche. I'm also sure she will be able to continue to enjoy her hobbies. It's not freaking prison.
    For me, it doesn't have anything to do with the military. It's the way I read Andy as a oersib.

    I just get the sense that his plans and dreams are huge -- including the military, sports, medicine, being an astronaut, and, I suspect, maybe a politician down the line -- and will fill up his own life completely and spill over into his needing a wife who will have to dedicate herself pretty completely to what his aims and plans are, in the time she has left over from raising the children, which I don't see him having a lot of energy left to help with.

    And I also don't think there's anything at all wrong with a marriage in which a wife is willing and happy to do that. I just don't think that Tessa's a person who *will* be willing. For me, it's Andy's personality, not the military, that is likely to require a wife who dedicates herself to his many goals and pursuits. I could be dead wrong, of course, but he's said a lot of little things over the course of the show that suggest to me that this is the kind of marriage he'll need. He may not know that this is the kind of marriage he'll need, though. He's said things that suggest to me that he isn't aware of it, too!

  7. #137
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

    Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2412740;
    I think they'll last if Tessa can get passed what went down the night before she became engaged! Andy has some 'splain' to do. From my own experience with love, which I think is a fairly universal experience...I could not kiss another man, would not want to kiss another man, as my feelings of love would make that vitually impossible. Angelic one said it best, a few posts up..."Just doesn't work that way".

    I think you're right about how it generally works in real life. But I don't think many of us have the bizarre (and very brief, time-warped) experience that they put you through on The Bachelor. That's anything but a universal experience, and it may well operate under its own laws, really messing with your head badly and completely changing what you would do under more ordinary circumstances. I'm sure it does this, actually. When we watch it, it kind of looks like real life and real time, but it's anything but, actually.

  8. #138
    FORT Fogey bugsme3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,126

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2412772;
    I don't remember anyone commenting on this, but Andy told his family that he felt an excitement when he was with Bevin that he did not feel with Tessa. I can't begin to imagine how Tessa is going to feel when she sees that.

    He felt something but it was different but he could not define it, the heart is a funny thing he will explain to her what he meant by it. He was reluctant because he was vulnerable and scared so I do think they will be okay. As I say she is the one woman who will hurt him the most in the future because she has his heart.

  9. #139
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

    Well, I guess I'm in the minority but I do think they have a good shot at this. I'm not sure Andy was truly looking for a "Navy wife" although it certainly came across like that. I keep going back to the fact that producers told him to dumb down his language for the audience so I'm sure they had to dumb down the story line as well. At his parents home Tessa mentioned she worked with at-risk kids in the foster system because it was ultimately about social justice. My impression was that comment went right over the parents' heads but I'm sure Andy understood her motivations being that he has that whole humanitarian side. I never got the impression that he and Bevin connected on an intellectual level, although he was attracted to and appreciated her other qualities. Tessa is his equal and he would never have picked her if he didn't need that level of challenge and stimulation. I think the references to the future were as much about what they could accomplish together in the world, as about having fun and being in love.

    Bevin would have been his Wife. Tessa will be his Partner.

  10. #140
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

    May they live happily ever after!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.