+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog;2412621;
    Here's my take on it, trying to take into account Fleiss's bizarre editing style.

1) Andy picked out Bevin from the beginning, much like Aaron picked out Helene.

2) Unlike Aaron, there was a little Bob in him, so he allowed the producers to talk him into enthusaistically participating in other dates.

3) The Pretty Woman date would blow away any man and woman who at least liked each other. It put Tessa in a very romanticized light in Andy's eyes.

4) Meanwhile, Andy and Bevin had a relationship. They fell for each other, they probably went horizontal. Just the way Andy kept touching her, and the way Bevin responded, especially in Pennsylvania, really seemed like the early stages of a real relationship.

5) One thing Fleiss really gets right sometimes is he chooses a leading man who's a true momma's boy. Andy listens to his family, especially his mom and his sister.

6) The Pennsylvania dates forced Andy to see Tessa and Bevin through his mother's eyes. While Bevin is certainly a great catch, and seems more settled, there's no question she wasn't for a long time. It's difficult to look at tattoos like that in the context of a doctor's wife in a conservative, close family.

7) This left Andy with a dilemma. Follow his heart, which was racing from the passion of the early stages of a relationship? Or make the safe choice.

8) Andy had to talk himself into it. "I FRICKIN' love you" is a strange declaration. Like he knew Tessa would fit in perfectly with his life, and all he needed to know was that Tessa felt the same way. It was anything but passionate.

9) The final scene with Bevin was uncomfortable and weird, in context. He really was breaking off a semi-monogamous relationship, reluctantly. He was still touching her intimately, even as he was breaking up with her. If this were real life, it may have been the first of many similar scenes.

10) Tessa is the safe choice, but this is a rebound relationship.

11) Getting back together now will be very difficult for both of them. Andy probably doesn't have that intense passion for her, even though he goes through the motions very well. Without producers telling him what to do, it won't be nearly as romantic an experience.

12) Tessa has to watch the finale, now that everyone is telling her not to. It will devastate her. She will try and rationalize this, but the relationship will be forever affected.

13) Why? Remember that this intense, intimate breakup scene with Bevin took place just hours - HOURS - before he proposed to Tessa. She can't forget that. No woman could.

14) To make matters worse, even if she could get over being the rebound relationship, there's the almost-mocking "he's just not that into you" statement from earlier in the finale. That will sting.

15) You can do a lot of things to a woman, but you can't hurt her pride. On national television, to boot.

So, here are my predictions:

1) Nothing we saw will be anywhere near as difficult as it will be for Bevin to walk into her office for the first time since the finale aired. That will take guts of steel.

2) Tessa will never move to Hawai'i.

3) Tessa will stop wearing the ring within a week.

4) Andy and Tessa will remain friends. Andy will want to keep trying, but he won't pursue it very hard.

5) Andy and Tessa will keep a very low profile. At some point, some reporter will remember that they exist and they will announce, quietly, that things didn't work out.

6) There's at least an 80% chance that Andy will call Bevin, but only a very small chance she will return his call.

7) If he winds up married to any of the 25 girls, it will be the Asian doctor, whose name I can't remember.
    You made some very very interesting points..that make a lot of sense. I agree that it would be next to impossible to watch the show if I were Tessa, and completely foget everything that happened. Just doesn't work that way. :nono and "I Frikken love you" is anything but passionat or romantic, ITA.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2412662;
    You made some very very interesting points..that make a lot of sense. I agree that it would be next to impossible to watch the show if I were Tessa, and completely foget everything that happened. Just doesn't work that way. :nono and "I Frikken love you" is anything but passionat or romantic, ITA.
    didnt he say that to bevin as well...i could be totally wrong..and will admit it...
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

FORT Newbie

I think many of the negative reactions I'm reading here about Tessa and Andy's relationship (or lack thereof as many believe) is because many felt so bad for Bevin. I have always been a Tessa/Andy fan, but I also felt terrible for Bevin in the end. I don't doubt Andy had passionate feelings for Bevin, but I could see throughout the show that he was equally passionate about Tessa, and so happy when he's with her. The only thing hindering that passion was Tessa's hestation to completely express her feelings for Andy. Andy was so insecure about Tessa's feelings for him, whereas he was comletely sure of Bevin's feelings the whole time. Like Tessa, Andy was somewhat protecting his feelings for Tessa in case she rejected him. When Tessa FINALLY told him she loved him and SHOWED it, he was completely elated. He practically yelled and blurted out, "I'm Freakin in love with you," twice because of his overwhelming emotions for her that he had been bottling up inside. On the contrary, he seemed to just whisper he's "freakin in love" with Bevin as a response to her declarations of love for him. Bevin deserves a man to love her as strongly as she shows her love. Bottom line is Andy truly loved Tessa much more, so he was willing to let go of Bevin, no matter how hard it was to do so. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2412654;
    But Andy said that himself
    Well, he does need to justify it somehow and it sounds better than: "I had to make sure Bevin was on board in case you, Tessa (or would that be Muffin?), didn't tell me you loved me. I have a reputation to uphold and had to go for the sure thing. But you saved the day and I didn't have to go with plan B. Whew! Close call there."
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2412579;

Andy could have chosen Bevin - BUT HE DIDN'T and Tessa has to either take that away with her and build their relationship or she can sit around and be mad b/c Andy had feelings for another girl -
    Bingo!

I sincerely hope Tessa and Andy live happily ever after. In the best of circumstances almost one third of marriages fall apart in America and those couples werent exploited and manipulated on a TV show. I wish them the best.

Having said that.... I think Tessa eventually needs to watch last night's episode. She's going to hear about it from everybody anyway. She deserves to see it with her own eyes even though she'll probably be deeply hurt. They both need to begin their relationship with a clean slate and, IMO, this is the only way it can happen.

Zao

I, personally, think they will make it. Last night I went back and read all his past comments in the media and you could tell they are very much in love - I haven't seen anyone so happy on The Bachelor in a long time. Some points he made:

1) Talked on the phone for hours and hours
    2) Lots of deep conversations
    3) Many laughs and goofing off
    4) Being the luckiest guy in the world and how he hasn't been this happy in a long time
    5) How he couldn't wait to see her
    6) Wanting to falling in love again - this time in "real life"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2412639;
    Most T&A fans are complaining about the whole “I am in freaking love with you Bev” comment. They are also commenting on the fact that it appeared as though the mother and grandmother preferred Bevin. On this one board that was solidly in Tessa’s corner, you’d be hard pressed to find one positive comment about Andy. Bottom line, while they are thrilled with the outcome, they are not celebrating.

Thanks. Interesting.

So it's just the thing of -- We don't believe that you can feel like you're in love with two women that you've known for a month. If he feels that he's in love with both he must be a liar or a demon or both. Got it. ... Well, no, I don't exactly get it, since, in my world, in this crazy Bachelor situation, you could *easily* feel in love with two women that you'd known for a month and want to yell "I love you" to both of them as this crazy pressurized situation neared its end. ...

I guess I never would really think of "celebrating" either, since I never really see this as a rooting situation. I'm just interested to see what happens as these people come together. I never got the "rooting for one candidate" thing here.

I never really thought of it this way, but to the artificiality of encouraging people to hope for an unrealistic fairy tale and envision it as something way beyond what it really is, Fleiss adds a horse race to root for. How manipulative to combine a fairy tale with a horse race but how effective in getting us all deeply and irrationally involved. Ah, "reality tv," how thy name doesn't reflect you accurately *at all.*
    Last edited by natashapierre; 05-22-2007 at 04:26 PM.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Anemic Dog;2412656;]I see a remarkable similarity between Helene and Tessa. She is a good choice as well. I like her. She's anything but a cold fish, and with her guy, I'm sure she would have "opened up" (talk about being tired of a phrase...) immediately.

I disagree, Helene was in it, but wasn't she so hurt by the Bach (can't remember his name even) who had moved so forward with his business dealings, etc. that he wasn't that into her or the possible relationship to even try? Helene didn't dump him, did she?

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I think they'll last if Tessa can get passed what went down the night before she became engaged! Andy has some 'splain' to do. From my own experience with love, which I think is a fairly universal experience...I could not kiss another man, would not want to kiss another man, as my feelings of love would make that vitually impossible. Angelic one said it best, a few posts up..."Just doesn't work that way".
    Last edited by lopevian; 05-22-2007 at 04:25 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Zao;2412711;
    I, personally, think they will make it. Last night I went back and read all his past comments in the media and you could tell they are very much in love - I haven't seen anyone so happy on The Bachelor in a long time. Some points he made:

1) Talked on the phone for hours and hours
    2) Lots of deep conversations
    3) Many laughs and goofing off
    4) Being the luckiest guy in the world and how he hasn't been this happy in a long time
    5) How he couldn't wait to see her
    6) Wanting to falling in love again - this time in "real life"

Great points. Thank you! I believe they'll make it as well.

+ Reply to Thread