+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 207 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

Here's my take on it, trying to take into account Fleiss's bizarre editing style.

1) Andy picked out Bevin from the beginning, much like Aaron picked out Helene.

2) Unlike Aaron, there was a little Bob in him, so he allowed the producers to talk him into enthusaistically participating in other dates.

3) The Pretty Woman date would blow away any man and woman who at least liked each other. It put Tessa in a very romanticized light in Andy's eyes.

4) Meanwhile, Andy and Bevin had a relationship. They fell for each other, they probably went horizontal. Just the way Andy kept touching her, and the way Bevin responded, especially in Pennsylvania, really seemed like the early stages of a real relationship.

5) One thing Fleiss really gets right sometimes is he chooses a leading man who's a true momma's boy. Andy listens to his family, especially his mom and his sister.

6) The Pennsylvania dates forced Andy to see Tessa and Bevin through his mother's eyes. While Bevin is certainly a great catch, and seems more settled, there's no question she wasn't for a long time. It's difficult to look at tattoos like that in the context of a doctor's wife in a conservative, close family.

7) This left Andy with a dilemma. Follow his heart, which was racing from the passion of the early stages of a relationship? Or make the safe choice.

8) Andy had to talk himself into it. "I FRICKIN' love you" is a strange declaration. Like he knew Tessa would fit in perfectly with his life, and all he needed to know was that Tessa felt the same way. It was anything but passionate.

9) The final scene with Bevin was uncomfortable and weird, in context. He really was breaking off a semi-monogamous relationship, reluctantly. He was still touching her intimately, even as he was breaking up with her. If this were real life, it may have been the first of many similar scenes.

10) Tessa is the safe choice, but this is a rebound relationship.

11) Getting back together now will be very difficult for both of them. Andy probably doesn't have that intense passion for her, even though he goes through the motions very well. Without producers telling him what to do, it won't be nearly as romantic an experience.

12) Tessa has to watch the finale, now that everyone is telling her not to. It will devastate her. She will try and rationalize this, but the relationship will be forever affected.

13) Why? Remember that this intense, intimate breakup scene with Bevin took place just hours - HOURS - before he proposed to Tessa. She can't forget that. No woman could.

14) To make matters worse, even if she could get over being the rebound relationship, there's the almost-mocking "he's just not that into you" statement from earlier in the finale. That will sting.

15) You can do a lot of things to a woman, but you can't hurt her pride. On national television, to boot.

So, here are my predictions:

1) Nothing we saw will be anywhere near as difficult as it will be for Bevin to walk into her office for the first time since the finale aired. That will take guts of steel.

2) Tessa will never move to Hawai'i.

3) Tessa will stop wearing the ring within a week.

4) Andy and Tessa will remain friends. Andy will want to keep trying, but he won't pursue it very hard.

5) Andy and Tessa will keep a very low profile. At some point, some reporter will remember that they exist and they will announce, quietly, that things didn't work out.

6) There's at least an 80% chance that Andy will call Bevin, but only a very small chance she will return his call.

7) If he winds up married to any of the 25 girls, it will be the Asian doctor, whose name I can't remember.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

no offense...but seriously..i am so tired of hearing that tessa was the SAFE choice...

you totally have that right to say that..just like i do...so that is all that i am saying..
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

I keep reading comments about how people don't see Tessa at the type of person to trail around following Andy from one post to the next and play the role of the dutiful wife. My perspective is, it may well be that Andy likes the fact that Tessa does seem to have her own life and her own interests and won't be a clinging vine all the time. It's all well and good to be supportive of someone's career, but Andy is a doctor and doctors put in long hours. I would think having a wife with personal interests, hobbies and a career would go further than having someone who needs and wants attention and companionship 24/7. Just because his current job is very location-tied doesn't mean she has to be at his beck and call when he comes home each night, and certainly a weepy wife who sits at home waiting for her man each day can't be particularly attractive? Conservative Andy may be, but I personally think there is a difference between conservative...and cave man. All along, she's presented a challenge to him and I don't think a wife with no life outside of the marriage would be very challenging or stimulating for either of them.

ETA: In order to stay on topic, on the outside looking in, I would say Tessa and Andy have a better shot than most at lasting long-term. I wouldn't be surprised if they married, but I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't.
    Last edited by G.G.; 05-22-2007 at 03:36 PM. Reason: To stay on topic!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2411789;
    With only ONE wedding resulting out of 10 Bachelor seasons? Odds aren't very good. I just feel that if he hadn't gotten caught up with two women at the same time so much to the point of telling both he loved them, then it might stand a better chance.
    I agree~! I wish them well~ will they make it long term ~ maybe if they really both work at it and the pressures of the media don't get to them.........I 'm a romantic so I would hope that it will work out......
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2412566;
    What are they doing? lamenting? complaining? just not commenting?
    Most T&A fans are complaining about the whole “I am in freaking love with you Bev” comment. They are also commenting on the fact that it appeared as though the mother and grandmother preferred Bevin. On this one board that was solidly in Tessa’s corner, you’d be hard pressed to find one positive comment about Andy. Bottom line, while they are thrilled with the outcome, they are not celebrating.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2412560;
    Tessa, the fans’ favorite won, but based on the boards, posters aren’t celebrating. Hmm. Wonder why!
    On the contrary I've been celebrating their love for each other, which I never doubted, since watching it with my own loved ones last night. You should have heard our cheers. However, our excitement was a little tempered because the nature of TB show is so cruel to the one rejected, in this case Bevin. No one deserves to be completely crushed on national television. I believe Andy loves Tessa so much that he was willing to completely break Bevin's heart, whom he genuinely cared about, and possibly even loved as well. If he truly loved Bevin over Tessa, he would have proposed to her and not Tessa. Why would he go through suffering through numerous heartbreaks if he only used his head instead of his heart to decide? I know he used his heart AND his head when he chose Tessa to be his wife. I'm confident Tessa and Andy will stand the test of time together.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2412639;
    Most T&A fans are complaining about the whole “I am in freaking love with you Bev” comment. They are also commenting on the fact that it appeared as though the mother and grandmother preferred Bevin. On this one board that was solidly in Tessa’s corner, you’d be hard pressed to find one positive comment about Andy. Bottom line, while they are thrilled with the outcome, they are not celebrating.
    I am very thrilled!

I guess I'm the one hard pressed one that made a nice comment about Andy. I think it's posted in this thread.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva;2412626;
    no offense...but seriously..i am so tired of hearing that tessa was the SAFE choice...

you totally have that right to say that..just like i do...so that is all that i am saying..

Probably about as tired as I am of hearing that he was in love with Tessa while he only loved Bevin.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2412650;
    Probably about as tired as I am of hearing that he was in love with Tessa while he only loved Bevin.
    But Andy said that himself

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva;2412626;

I see a remarkable similarity between Helene and Tessa. She is a good choice as well. I like her. She's anything but a cold fish, and with her guy, I'm sure she would have "opened up" (talk about being tired of a phrase...) immediately.

I'm just saying that there's sometimes an intense attraction when you meet someone, chemistry. Andy had that with Bevin, he did not have that with Tessa.

The way things played out, it will be near impossible for this relationship to survive the early pressures placed on it by the chronology of events.

She's a safe choice for Andy because she meets his criteria very well. That's all. This season was more about chemistry backfiring than anything else.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

+ Reply to Thread