+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Oh I disagree. I think Moana was led on completely, by Travis. Some have argued that it was worse because he belittled their relationship as some sort of a casual fling at the FRC. But it wasnt. He just flip flopped, and chickened out. He had no deep feelings for Sarah Stone. She was just , well, there. And, like Lorenzo , he had run out of options and could have cared less once he decided that he couldnt handle a relationship with Moana.

At least Andy was honest with Bevin in terms of admitting that he had genuine and deep feelings for her. He never belittled what they had like Travis did in order to 'save face'.

I agree that we can all have opinions and agree to disagree.

But no way am I letting go this Bachelor seaon. Watching Andy's and Tessa's love unfold was heartwarming. I feel like a proud parent having watched it grow.

It has been a long time since Trista and Ryan. Who knows when we will see such a wonderful love unfolding again.

No way, am I moving on to the promise of a new series, that time will come along.

Besides, I had no intrest in Andy, unitl I started seeing him on Monday nights. Next Bachelor and Bachelorettes, will get their turn when they appear on my TV screen.
    Last edited by jasmar; 05-30-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2424471;
    Oh I disagree. I think Moana was led on completely, by Travis. Some have argued that it was worse because he belittled their relationship as some sort of a casual fling at the FRC. But it wasnt. He just flip flopped, and chickened out. He had no deep feelings for Sarah Stone. She was just , well, there. And, like Lorenzo , he had run out of options and could have cared less once he decided that he couldnt handle a relationship with Moana.

At least Andy was honest with Bevin in terms of admitting that he had genuine and deep feelings for her. He never belittled what they had like Travis did in order to 'save face'.
    I agree, Pajamasam, as I do on most (if not all ) of your posts. I saw the love story between Andy and Tessa, but I think Andy is one of those people who is open to whomever he's with - not just in dating, but with people in general.

Even though I saw the love story with Tessa, I think Andy had genuine caring feelings for Bevin and took the feelings she had for him to heart, even if in the end it hurt her more by his responding at some level to them. I do NOT fault Bevin for when she told Andy about her divorce - that's a difficult discussion to have and no doubt she had concerns about his reaction (not to mention being televised), so you would want to talk about that when there is enough time to move past it in your one-on-one so that it doesn't become the whole focus.

In the end, these are HUMANS, and none of us does it perfectly. I'm glad my relationships aren't on view to be picked apart by people. Andy was smitten by Tessa but unsure she felt the same way for him. Bevin was completely invested in Andy, and that's a powerful thing to receive from someone. In the end, as he said, he chose the one he had the deepest heart connection with. Only time will tell us the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2424471;

Intresting about Moana.

I did not think our time in Paris was meant as a casual thing or cheap.

I thought of it as the summer wedding/relationship.

They get intense quickly, the feelings may be deep, they feel real.

But on closer inspection out of the situation, feelings of love are not real or are not enough for a long term relationship.

FORT Newbie

Ok, I can't ever get in the last word here at home (don't start up on me, I'm a blessed man and I know it) so I'll try "for the gold" here.

I think in the end Andy's decision came down between present and future. Bevin reminds me of the hot girl in high school (yes, I vaguely remember HS). Super attractive, smart and fun loving, looking for "Mr. Right" to settle down with. Tessa apprears to me to be that girl (still in HS) with plans for her life and not willing to acccept less.

Bevin represented the present for Andy. Her goal seemed to be to finally find the right man, marry and live "normally". Andy was probably drawn to the warm and open atmosphere Bevin created around herself ("electric" seems a bit strong).

Tessa represented the future. She wasn't going to sail off into the sunset with just anyone, and certainly not with someone who she didn't feel would compliment her and HER life. They both used the word "potential" over and over again.

I think Andy chose the future. He seemed really drawn to both women, but when Tessa told him on the final date she did, in fact, love him Andy saw what his future could look like, not just his present. I think his choice was, caring deeply for both women, that Tessa represented more individual and couple growth than did Bevin.

CI
    Last edited by lildago; 05-30-2007 at 01:37 PM.

spoilers for Outback Jack!!!

I was thinking about how much this season reminded me of Outback Jack. In that show ( a few years back now but soooo much better than Bachelor.) the awesome guy "Jack" cried at every single "rose ceremony". HE was hot and heavy with one girl whose name escapes me, all the way through the show. Let us call her HH. And then there was Natalie. Goofy, endearing Natalie. He almost let her go at the Final four because he didnt think she was that into him. He sort of pushed her to tell him that she wanted to stay. Needless to say, she was the one he fell in love with. I was shocked. Just didnt see it coming. There were teeny , tiny hints a few times that he cared for her. Really tiny. Miniscule. But I kept seeing the obvious heat with HH. And it changed the way I watch the Bachelor forever.

PS: they got married a year later and had a baby last fall.

Premium Member

Re: spoilers for Outback Jack!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2424642;
    I was thinking about how much this season reminded me of Outback Jack. In that show ( a few years back now but soooo much better than Bachelor.) the awesome guy "Jack" cried at every single "rose ceremony". HE was hot and heavy with one girl whose name escapes me, all the way through the show. Let us call her HH. And then there was Natalie. Goofy, endearing Natalie. He almost let her go at the Final four because he didnt think she was that into him. He sort of pushed her to tell him that she wanted to stay. Needless to say, she was the one he fell in love with. I was shocked. Just didnt see it coming. There were teeny , tiny hints a few times that he cared for her. Really tiny. Miniscule. But I kept seeing the obvious heat with HH. And it changed the way I watch the Bachelor forever.

PS: they got married a year later and had a baby last fall.
    Loved that show! You are thinking of Marissa. I think he let her go once and then they brought her back later and she ended up F2. Natalie was hilarious in the first episode walking around the Australian outback in her pink evening gown asking "where are the outlets?" I'm like you, I think of that show during every season of Bachelor, because it was so much better. Before each elimination each girl got to have 1:1 time with Jack so they had a chance to convince him why he should keep them, and instead of "will you accept this rose" he actually spoke to each girl and sometimes you didn't know if he was keeping them or letting them go because he always had good things to say to them. It all seemed way more honest and sincere to me than the silly rose ceremonies and girls sobbing in the back of the limo.

Quote Originally Posted by fanoffort;2424449;
    Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2424375;
    How do you think she was used by Andy?
    The feeling I got at the end was that there was never any contest. I think he knew very early that Tessa was the one. So all the excessive physical stuff let alone the I love you just left an icky taste in my mouth about him. I've watched most of the bachelor seasons and didn't see anything comparable with F2 to his behavior with Bevin--including with people who maybe really weren't sure. Maybe he didn't understand that he didn't have to go that far to keep her guessing. I don't know. But I found it yuck.
    fanofort, here's my take on this. Bevin and Andy started out hot and heavy on the physical stuff at the get go. As the show progressed and feelings are SUPPOSED to intensify from all parties invested in the process, he has to at least maintain, if not accelerate, his actions with Bevin or she will clue in that she is not the one. I think he enjoyed making out with Bevin but was really emotionally smitten with Tessa. Tessa's hesitancy brought out Andy's insecurities, but he could see she was still progressing, albeit slowly. I think Andy and the producers wanted to keep Bevin around to help with the editing of the show since it's very likely he wasn't as invested with any of the other women as Bevin. It was an easy choice to keep Bevin because she made it easier for the producers to edit her as the more believable antagonist to Tessa. Any of the other women would have given away the producer's favorite story arc of a perpetually conflicted bachelor who is unable to choose between two women.
    Flight for two on JedAir.

I saw posts on another board saying the song played on the show..."Love lift us up?" is that the name of it? or did they play more than one song?
    anyways there's talk that backward masking was discovered and it's clearly heard if reversed... it gave away the ending?

seems far fetched to me,, how would someone reverse and listen to it? (I'm not very techy lol don't know how you do that type of thing)

anyone else heard about this or know any details?

would be kind of hilarious if it's true, how many times did they play that song during the season?
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 05-30-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2424839;
    I saw posts on another board saying the song played on the show..."Love lift us up?" is that the name of it? or did they play more than one song?
    anyways there's talk that backward masking was discovered and it's clearly heard if reversed... it gave away the ending?

seems far fetched to me,, how would someone reverse and listen to it? (I'm not very techy lol don't know how you do that type of thing)

anyone else heard about this or know any details?

would be kind of hilarious if it's true, how many times did they play that song during the season?
    I am not sure if its true or not but the song is "Up where we Belong" and is from the movie "Officer and a Gentleman" with Richard Gere, Debra Winger and Louis Gossett Jr. As to the song, they actually played it (the regular way) with all three of the f3 but did seem to play it with Tessa the most.

+ Reply to Thread