+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

The entire season left me luke warm from beginning to the end. I never became invested in HDDA at all, so even though I liked the women--I never got the bug this season.
    That could be a good thing!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2422824;
    Everyone has their own feelings about when it is appropriate to tell someone. Dannielle's situation is different. Just because it was right for her to tell him at the first meeting does not make it right for Bevin. A lose by death does not carry the same stigma a divorce does.
    A lot of times on the MSN home page they will have articles on what to do and what NOT to do when dating or just meeting someone....and this was something I learned a long time ago...its part of the reason I groaned when Danielle kept talking about the lost boyfriend...:nono most of the articles and experts say don't do this...they also say you don't talk about your divorce at first...that the other person doesn't want to hear about it...lol..turns them off and this is my big downfall...you don't mention if you have kids at first....
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Danielle did talk about her lost boyfriend a lot. I took this as meaning she really wasn't ready to move on yet. It seemed to be the only thing we saw about her.

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

Quote Originally Posted by morningglory1;2422258;
    It's not narrow-minded. It all comes down to family values. I come from a conversative family like Andy's and we don't take divorce lightly. The first thing my mother asked me when I dated my husband was "has he been married" lol. I don't think like that but I understand families who do. Some people just regard things differently *shrugs* Didn't Travis eliminated Jehan the same day she spoke of her divorce?
    My family is just the opposite, my daughter was married to military man who chose women other than his wife, they had two children. Well, she found her love and he was single, never married and no children. They had two more children and you would never know two are not biological. I think it is so hard to understand how someone would shun a woman who has been divorced. Will never understand.

FORT Regular

Where do I begin? Well, this is the 1st time I watch the Bachelor and actually care what happens (and the 1st time I ever take the time to post something about it!). I think the reason for this is because, for the 1st time since this series began, I saw/felt some real, genuine, honest to goodness feelings on the part of Bevin for Andy. Why he chose Tessa, I can't understand. When he turned to Bevin and tenderly whispered he loved her, I said to myself, ''Finished. It's over. The jig is up''. Andy found his soulmate. It felt meaningful, sincere and completely *real* to me. Then, bang, he turns around, tells Tessa he loves her and ends up with her??? Has this show reached new heights of ludicrousy?? IMHO, I believed it when he spoke those words to Bevin, but not to Tessa: I freakin' love you' sounded awkward and lacked sincerity. I feel sorry for Tessa, who got stuck with this officer, who did about the least 'gentlemanly' thing any guy could do: lead another woman on with an I Love You that was spoken so sincerely, yet at the same time not meant for her. Very low class. Bevin, you made this show *real* for me. For the first time since it aired, I actually saw someone show true, genuine feelings for the Bachelor, and I truly believed you were 'the one' for Andy. Thank you for your genuine show of affection, it was the best part of this entire season of The Bachelor, and I'm sorry you had to get hurt in this process. You handled yourself with class and dignity. Mr. Terrific is out there for you, girl, I'm sure of it!

The ''I-love-you-can't-live-without-you'' crap that Tessa poured on Andy right at the very-last-ditch-second, sorry, I just don't buy it. It felt forced. That, more than anything else, definitely did not feel *real* to me. It's not possible for me to believe that someone so reserved, who took tiny little baby steps all the way, would suddenly take leaps and bounds and pour it all out. It would've been a lot more believable had she stated that she had feelings for him/a strong attraction towards him, something along those lines. They, and especially Tessa, need a lot more time to get to know each other. I'm very, very curious to see if this one will last, and where it will lead, and I hope they keep us updated. Personally I feel it won't last more than 6 months. Prove me wrong, guys!

Check the media thread Jewels2312 I think you will love the new photo
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-29-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2423186;
    Danielle did talk about her lost boyfriend a lot. I took this as meaning she really wasn't ready to move on yet. It seemed to be the only thing we saw about her.
    I think this keyed into Andy's decision to keep Bevin in f2 with Tessa instead of Danielle. She wasn't ready to move on and he didn't want her to be hurt anymore than she had to be. This also makes the fact that it took him an hour to compose himself to get back to Bevin and Tessa make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;2423475;
    Where do I begin? Well, this is the 1st time I watch the Bachelor and actually care what happens (and the 1st time I ever take the time to post something about it!). I think the reason for this is because, for the 1st time since this series began, I saw/felt some real, genuine, honest to goodness feelings on the part of Bevin for Andy. Why he chose Tessa, I can't understand. When he turned to Bevin and tenderly whispered he loved her, I said to myself, ''Finished. It's over. The jig is up''. Andy found his soulmate. It felt meaningful, sincere and completely **real** to me. Then, bang, he turns around, tells Tessa he loves her and ends up with her??? :nono I've never seen this happen before. Has this show reached new heights of ludicrousy?? IMHO, I believed it when he spoke those words to Bevin, but not to Tessa: 'I freakin' love you' sounded awkward and lacked feeling. I feel somewhat sorry for Tessa, who got stuck with this officer, who did about the least 'gentlemanly' thing any guy could do: lead another woman on with true words of affection and an I Love You that was spoken so sincerely, yet not meant for her. Very low class. Bevin, you made this reality show *real* for me. For the first time since the show began, I actually saw someone show true, genuine feelings for the Bachelor-- I truly believed you loved him and that you were 'the one' for Andy. Thank you for your genuine show of affection, IMO it was the best part of this entire season of The Bachelor, and I'm sorry you had to get hurt/deceived in this process. You handled yourself with class and dignity. Mr. Terrific is out there for you, girl, I'm sure of it!

P.S. The ''I-love-you-can't-live-without-you'' line that Tessa poured on Andy right at the very-last-ditch-second, sorry, I just didn't buy it. It felt forced. That most definitely did notfeel **real** to me. It's not possible for me to believe that someone so reserved, who took tiny little baby steps all the way, would suddenly take leaps and bounds and pour it all out. It would've been a lot more believable had she stated that she had feelings for him/a strong attraction towards him, something along those lines (I think the same can be said for the majority of the people who go on this show). Realistically, Andy, and especially Tessa, need a lot more time to get to know each other. I'm very, very curious to see if this one will last, and where it will end up, and I hope they keep us updated. Personally I feel it won't last more than 6 months. Prove me wrong, guys!
    I totally disagree with you on this take, but to each their own. Bevin in her ATFR admitted that she knew going into the frc that it wasn't her and said later through a friend that she knew Andy was pulling away from her on the fd before the frc. That date was very edited and even though they had him saying "I love you" I wasn't feeling it. The whole scene was awkward, sad and definitely the body language and eye expressions from Andy just weren't there. He was practically jumping on the bed in his excitement telling Tessa that he loved her and he melted when she presented her card and the collage. I also noted after aircraft carrier date and cinderella date that Andy's eyes sparkled, he always looked deep into her eyes and was already smitten. This was confirmed by Stephanie KS on myspace and by Peyton in her post rejection interviews. While I felt for Bevin, she knew she wasn't it and actually handled it with a lot of class. She knew it wasn't her, and realized later that Andy and Tessa did fall in love and while she was sad her heart was broken made sure we knew that she only wished the best for Andy and Tessa whose love was beautiful and real. She expressed similiar thoughts on her myspace. Don't give up on the show because you were rooting for Bevin. There will be a bachelor/bachelorette who will fall in love with the one you like in the future. I know this because I wanted Matthew to win and even though the sleuthing had Ian I was still sad for Mat. He ended up either engaged or married to someone else and much happier than Meredith and Ian and Andy fell in love with Tessa who I was rooting for down the stretch. Don't ignore the sleuthing clues, or the body language/eye expression clues. Sorry for the long post and I hope you still hang with us here on the boards next season. Don't lose heart, hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;2423430;
    Where do I begin? Well, this is the 1st time I watch the Bachelor and actually care what happens (and the 1st time I ever take the time to post something about it!). I think the reason for this is because, for the 1st time since this series began, I saw/felt some real, genuine, honest to goodness feelings on the part of Bevin for Andy. Why he chose Tessa, I can't understand. When he turned to Bevin and tenderly whispered he loved her, I said to myself, ''Finished. It's over. The jig is up''. Andy found his soulmate. It felt meaningful, sincere and completely *real* to me. Then, bang, he turns around, tells Tessa he loves her and ends up with her??? Has this show reached new heights of ludicrousy?? IMHO, I believed it when he spoke those words to Bevin, but not to Tessa: I freakin' love you' sounded awkward and lacked sincerity. I feel sorry for Tessa, who got stuck with this officer, who did about the least 'gentlemanly' thing any guy could do: lead another woman on with an I Love You that was spoken so sincerely, yet at the same time not meant for her. Very low class. Bevin, you made this show *real* for me. For the first time since it aired, I actually saw someone show true, genuine feelings for the Bachelor, and I truly believed you were 'the one' for Andy. Thank you for your genuine show of affection, it was the best part of this entire season of The Bachelor, and I'm sorry you had to get hurt in this process. You handled yourself with class and dignity. Mr. Terrific is out there for you, girl, I'm sure of it!

The ''I-love-you-can't-live-without-you'' crap that Tessa poured on Andy right at the very-last-ditch-second, sorry, I just don't buy it. It felt forced. That, more than anything else, definitely did not feel *real* to me. It's not possible for me to believe that someone so reserved, who took tiny little baby steps all the way, would suddenly take leaps and bounds and pour it all out. It would've been a lot more believable had she stated that she had feelings for him/a strong attraction towards him, something along those lines. They, and especially Tessa, need a lot more time to get to know each other. I'm very, very curious to see if this one will last, and where it will lead, and I hope they keep us updated. Personally I feel it won't last more than 6 months. Prove me wrong, guys!
    And I totally agree with you! I thought it was over too, when Andy told Bevin he loved her. I just didnt see enough between he and Tessa to make me feel otherwise. And you're right..Tessa was still so reserved right up to the last night they were together. For someone that reserved and reluctant, it was amazing to me how she suddenly took leaps and bounds to reveal her feelings. What I saw happening between he and Bevin happened all along the way..a steadier display and show of love. Im not one of those who was mesmerized when he chose Tessa after all this happened. I was rather surprised.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2423499;
    I totally disagree with you on this take, but to each their own. Bevin in her ATFR admitted that she knew going into the frc that it wasn't her and said later through a friend that she knew Andy was pulling away from her on the fd before the frc.
    I don't think she really thought going into the FRC that she was not F1. Perhaps in hindsight she maybe should have followed her intuition, but I have never watched a season in which both of the F2 did not have their doubts. In the limo, she clearly stated "I had no idea"...that tells me that she was completely clueless. Now looking back, she is acknowledging that she had her doubts, but at the time of the FRC and from her limo interview, I do not think she really knew. She just told Chris, looking back, she knew something wasn't right. But, I think every F2 can probably say that going into the FRC they had some doubt, and probably every F1 too!

+ Reply to Thread