+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 207 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

For this to work, Tessa has to keep up with his ambition. He owes the Navy for his education, so will stay in as long as is necessary. He wants to do an orthopedic residency, be a world class triathlete and do charity work. Oh, and be an astronaut when he grows up. When will he have the time to develop a relationship that brings with it the responsiblity of family?

And my secret, secret thought is that he wants a political wife. I wouldn't be surprised if the political hacks aren't already calling him. With her sophistication and political roots, Tessa fits that five to ten year goal much better than Bevin ever would. So, if Tessa has the energy to nurture him toward his true hopes and dreams, she may make the commitment to continue past the early stages with him. It really is all up to her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy;2412178;
    I do not think that Tessa is a good fit for Andy. I think people are assuming a lot about her that we has not been demonstrated.

I have a number of very close friends who are from well to do families from Honk Kong. They are not your typical family oriented, family comes first type of people. They are the direct opposite of that. Career and financial success comes first and Religion is definitly not a big priority. They do not place a lot of value on domesticity and children and many of them chose not to have children.

Maybe I have been influenced by assumptions I have made of her background, but I do not recall Tessa ever having heard her say anything about wanting children etc. The type I know are very unconventional in their life styles even though they come across as very traditional and conservative.
    Ironically, your entire post is full of assumptions about Tessa that haven't been demonstrated. You say that you don't recall having heard Tessa say anything about wanting children, but it doesn't matter if we heard that. Andy has said in his interviews that they had conversations in which she told him that. And he's in a better position to know than us, right?

Originally Posted by KrisRose821- I do definitely agree she walked out of there with class, but she kinda changed that in the limo... that was interesting to say the least. But it was horrible.
    I think that Bevin didn't want to say something she regrets to someone that she loved so she chose to let out her emotions in the relative "privacy" of the limo. Was she not supposed to be sad, or say anything at all? She was very classy this final episode.

Last night I was sad that Bevin didn't win, but now I am happy and relieved for her. I think that she deserves someone better than Andy, someone who truly loves her.

As for Tessa, I never saw the love story with her and if I was her, after watching the edited season, I would be seriously doubting if Andy's feelings are real. If they can work through it, and they have a lot to work through that is for sure, then they have a slight chance.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 05-22-2007 at 01:43 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;2411956;
    Andy's mom was closed to Bevin with her arms crossed the whole time speaking in the living room... I don't think she ever warmed up to her, or "bought" what Bevin was trying to tell them. Andy's grandfather hit the nail on the head - Andy was turned on by Bevin, but that is not what keeps a relationship going for the long haul - it can so often burn out (we never learned what happened to cause Bevin's first divorce), so it may have been a red flag to Andy. I do think he was confused, but went a bit too far in telling both women that he loved them the night before the decision.

I'm a mom and I feel strongly that Andy's mom knew exactly whom Andy really wanted and why. She surely caught the insecure feelings about Tessa being on the same page coming from her son. Bevin was the sure thing, but not the right girl. Everybody there knew that, jmo.
    His sister got right to the heart of the matter and reported to her mother, no doubt about that. Actually Andy's sister was the best sign that Andy IS ultimately a good guy. I think she knows her brother inside out and she was thrilled with Tessa, jmo.

FORT Fan

wow--am surprised how negative the talk is today. I met my husband in august, began dating him in september and became engaged to him at christmas and married him at easter. that was over 34 years ago. it makes me sad that so many people are saying tessa and andy don't have a chance at making it long-term. it makes me sad because i don't think any of you believe in the power of love and/or the strength of commitment...go andy and tessa--anything is possible. for those of you still upset about last nights' show(as i was until i went back and rewatched it--) it becomes very clear that even tho andy said and did some things he probably shouldnt have--that he's in love with tessa. their date was much more intimate i.e. all the making out in the surf. that smile on his face when he told tess about how happy he was when he was with her, and i could go on ad nauseum...also, i loved his family--i thought they were very open to bevin in fact, some of their comments made me nervous (as a tessa fan). i loved how well they knew each other and you could tell andy had a real relationship with his grandfather. they knew each other so well and grandpa read andy like a book. the most telling statement in lancaster was when andy was questioned about who he could see himself with in 5-10 years and he answered with but i don't know tessa's commitment. any two people,reality show participants or not, if they decide to take the risk that falling and staying in love takes should be encouraged--our culture tends to want to pull people apart. go andy and tessa--decide to commit fully--no matter what anybody else thinks or says--it will be worth it--it will be wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2412517;
    I think that Bevin didn't want to say something she regrets to someone that she loved so she chose to let out her emotions in the relative "privacy" of the limo. Was she not supposed to me sad, or say anything at all? She was very classy this final episode.

Last night I was sad that Bevin didn't win, but now I am happy and relieved for her. I think that she deserves someone better than end and truly loves her.

As for Tessa, I never saw the love story with her and if I was her, after watching the edited season, I would be seriously doubting if Andy's feelings are real. If they can work through it, and they have a lot to work through that is for sure, then they have a slight chance.
    Bevin would never have been anything but the runner-up and how terrible would THAT have been to know?! She'll be much better off finding somebody that is more suited to HER.

Gonnerwife: Real Tessa is being quite insistant that she is absolutely IN LOVE with Andy, I believe her. They're going out into the sunshine together and will be free to see if what they have continues to grow toward marriage.

I have no idea if it will last, odds are against it. Especially with the baggage of the bachelor and there is a lot of baggage with this one.

I wonder now if Bevin's myspace page was being ran by an ABC employee.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I think (hope) they'll last. I know some of you Bevin and Danielle fans have said that you couldn't 'see' the love between Andy and Tessa, but I know I definitely spotted it from Tahoe forward. They were so relaxed with each other and the huge grin he had on the Cinderella date-- it was obvious how much he felt for her.

The only other couple I saw with a connection like this was Trista and Ryan and look where they're at now-- they're about to have a baby.

Will it be hard for Andy and Tessa to make a 'go' of it in the real world. Sure! But no more so, I think, than any other couple in love. Relationships aren't perfect; I think we can all vouch for that, but if they work at it, they'll have just as much of a chance as the rest of us!!

I honestly think Andy put a lot of thought into his becoming the Bachelor and took the whole thing seriously. Tessa said last night that while she had reservations about the process, she never had reservations about him. So, I think if we take them at their words, there will be a long-lasting relationship in store for them.

[Sidenote-- as much as I was a Tessa fan, my heart did break for Bevin last night. I wished he'd never told her he loved her, but as he said this morning on the View, while he did love Bevin, he was IN LOVE with Tessa...]

My only issue with the whole not wanting to say something she regrets about a person she loves is... she got in the limo and right off the bat starts talking about how he doesn't love her... this how it always happens. The same old limo talk. I understand that she was heartbroken, man I was heartbroken for her because that was EXTREMELY SAD...

but truth of the matter is, whatever she said in that limo came across our tvs and into our ears as well as his..

So not wanting to say something she regrets *poof* out the window. She said all she needed to say. I found it just a bit immature, like ambers (funny how she called Amber immature).

I think the only person who left with grace and poise was Danielle. But I do think that Bevin will be fantastic wife for someone one day, just not Andy.
    "Sometimes I wonder if Navy ships are like Broadway musicals behind the scenes, like there's a ton of champagne and singing and dancing and guys wearing tight white suits or walking around without shirts on and complimenting each other's six-pack stomachs. Maybe that's just what I envision when I imagine Andy working on a Navy ship." Sportsgal

I met my husband in august, began dating him in september and became engaged to him at christmas and married him at easter. that was over 34 years ago. it makes me sad that so many people are saying tessa and andy don't have a chance at making it long-term. it makes me sad because i don't think any of you believe in the power of love and/or the strength of commitment..
    yeah but did you meet while he was dating 25 other girls? were you on tv? were you coached to say "journey" and "amazing"

the thing about true love, most people dont find their true love while dating other girls/making out with other girls

i think that's what kills these couples, that and the distance thing while the show airs, and the fact that they dont take it seriously

+ Reply to Thread