Closed Thread
Page 99 of 192 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1916

Thread: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

  1. #981
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3744614;
    I kinda sorta think he has a clue ... Seems the twins' family has embraced both DeAnna and Holly. Are things moving quickly? Yes, but then this board is here because people expect lifetime commitments from people who have a few dates on a reality show. I think she's been spending some quality time with him ... and he has a JOB. DeAnna's and Holly's mutual ex is now trying to make a career path out of sponsoring booze cruises for subsequent casts of the show.
    I like the fact Stephen is a high school teacher, if DeAnna was as money hungry and greedy as some people think she is, there's no way she'd want to marry a teacher. She wasn't lying when she told Richard (the NY teacher on her season) that she won't care what job her husband has or how much money he makes, as long as he's happy doing it. If she just wanted a sugar daddy husband it'd be easy for someone with her looks to make that happen with the right introductions.

    DeAnna says there will be photos and interviews in US Weekly and InTouch this week about finding love, so she is definitely working the "finally in love" story -- last week People and Extra showed the golfing photo and now she's giving interviews about it. OK. Maybe Stephen is into the publicity too, is he an aspiring model/actor like his twin Michael? (I have to admit I don't know much about Michael, heard something about him acting on a soap, and I've seen a few modeling shots.) She better be careful, publicity like this can do weird things to relationships, even if both people like the attention at first.

  2. #982
    Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3744281;
    - ya gotta see CH's latest twitter - and Juan's new job
    I don't tweet, can someone bring it over?

  3. #983
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3744961;
    I like the fact Stephen is a high school teacher, if DeAnna was as money hungry and greedy as some people think she is, there's no way she'd want to marry a teacher. She wasn't lying when she told Richard (the NY teacher on her season) that she won't care what job her husband has or how much money he makes, as long as he's happy doing it. If she just wanted a sugar daddy husband it'd be easy for someone with her looks to make that happen with the right introductions.

    DeAnna says there will be photos and interviews in US Weekly and InTouch this week about finding love, so she is definitely working the "finally in love" story -- last week People and Extra showed the golfing photo and now she's giving interviews about it. OK. Maybe Stephen is into the publicity too, is he an aspiring model/actor like his twin Michael? (I have to admit I don't know much about Michael, heard something about him acting on a soap, and I've seen a few modeling shots.) She better be careful, publicity like this can do weird things to relationships, even if both people like the attention at first.
    Marrying a teacher would certainly quash the 'money hungry' talk, but what about the 'fame hungry' talk? I've always felt that fame was her main motivation. Otherwise, why does every little move she makes become public knowledge? Is this a stunt for her cable TV show? Is she still even doing that show? IDK

  4. #984
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    962

    Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3744970;
    I don't tweet, can someone bring it over?
    CH's twitter 11/5/09:
    Hope this will hold you Bach/Bette fans over until the real thing in Jan. good to see Juan working Take180.com / Electric Spoofaloo / #6 The Bachelorguinette

    The link is for a bachelorette spoof that was originally done in July.

  5. #985
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3738588;
    Jan. 4 is the first episode of The Bachelor 14. As for a where are they now segment, that would be nice.
    I would enjoy another "Where Are They Now" show. The last one was shown on 3/08/2008 and they showed it again following DeAnna's season finale in July 2008 and they cut out part of the original show and put a visit by DeAnna and Jesse to Trista and Ryan's home in Colorado in its' place.

  6. #986
    Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3744986;
    CH's twitter 11/5/09:
    Hope this will hold you Bach/Bette fans over until the real thing in Jan. good to see Juan working Take180.com / Electric Spoofaloo / #6 The Bachelorguinette

    The link is for a bachelorette spoof that was originally done in July.
    Thanks so much! That was great!

  7. #987
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    175

    Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3745011;
    I would enjoy another "Where Are They Now" show. The last one was shown on 3/08/2008 and they showed it again following DeAnna's season finale in July 2008 and they cut out part of the original show and put a visit by DeAnna and Jesse to Trista and Ryan's home in Colorado in its' place.
    There will probably be a lot to report. Jesse is already promoting the season premeire as the venue to see the Halloween booze cruise. Jillian/Ed and Jason/Molly are supposedly planning weddings. Holly, DeAnna and the Stagliano twins seeming to be on the same track. Melissa will also probably be married by then. Trista has had a second child since the last Bachelor aired. Graham is still dating the soap star. A few of the other girls are engaged. I think karate Sean from DeAnna's season has a child.

    They have a lot of serious couples so they will probably get most of the update airtime. Then they will probably show 'Jesse's cruise' as a contrast. Chris Harrison said it was all about hookups. Jan 4 is a long way off so who knows what will happen by then.

    Here is a profanity laden video from the cruise. I don't think ABC can use this though:

    YouTube - I'M ON A BOAT!
    Last edited by sjcaligurl; 11-06-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: punctuation

  8. #988
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3745024;
    There will probably be a lot to report. Jesse is already promoting the season premeire as the venue to see the Halloween booze cruise. Jillian/Ed and Jason/Molly are supposedly planning weddings. Holly, DeAnna and the Stagliano twins seeming to be on the same track. Melissa will also probably be married by then. Trista has had a second child since the last Bachelor aired. Graham is still dating the soap star. A few of the other girls are engaged. I think karate Sean from DeAnna's season has a child.

    They have a lot of serious couples so they will probably get most of the update airtime. Then they will probably show 'Jesse's cruise' as a contrast. Chris Harrison said it was all about hookups. Jan 4 is a long way off so who knows what will happen by then.

    Here is a profanity laden video from the cruise. I don't think ABC can use this though:

    YouTube - I'M ON A BOAT!

    Melissa and her fiance, Tye, were on GMA yesterday doing a segment with a wedding etiquette expert. Melissa said they were counting the days and it was in the 30's now, so I bet US Weekly got it right when they reported she was getting married on 12/12/2009. Tye was so cute and down to earth.

  9. #989
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,725
    I flipped through my copy of US Weekly and there is a cute photo of DeAnna and Stephen Stagliano right beside a photo of Jillian and Ed (Pg 39). There also is a photo of Melissa and Tye clowning around in their Halloween outfits (Pg 26).

    On Jill and Ed's photo, it says "The duo (at Chicago's Sunda eatery Oct. 21) want a small wedding." The article is headlined "She Moved for Love" and the article reads:

    Former Bachelorette Jillian Harris, 29, has adjusted to life in the Midwest just fine. Two months after moving in to fiance Ed Swiderski's Chicago pad, the Vancouver native has plenty of pals and has landed a job with design firm The Dobbins Group. "Ed brags she has more friends here than he does," says a source, adding that she and Swiderski, 30, are perfect roommates "because they're both a little messy!"


    On DeAnna and Stephen's photo it says "The sporty couple teed off in L.A. on Oct. 28." The article is headlined "DeAnna's Got a Golf Pro Beau!" The article reads:

    After splitting with her Bachelorette fiance, DeAnna Pappas has found love on the links with golf coach Stephen Stagliano, 25. They were introduced by the girlfriend of his twin brother, Michael (a Bachelorette contestant from the season following hers), and "hit it off", says a pal. "They like doing outdoorsy things like hiking." So could Pappas, 27, be ready to settle down? "I still want to get married," she tells US. "I want to have children."


    On Melissa and Tye's photo, it reads Muy caliente! "They kept stealing kisses," a witness tells US of MELISSA RYCROFT and fiance Tye Strickland at their costume wedding shower in Dallas Oct. 30.

    There is no article. By the way, according to Melissa's twitter, she and Tye are headed to L.A. tomorrow (Saturday). They will be in the audience of Dancing With the Stars Monday night. I don't know if they will be there Tuesday for the Results Show or not.

  10. #990
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3744971;
    Marrying a teacher would certainly quash the 'money hungry' talk, but what about the 'fame hungry' talk? I've always felt that fame was her main motivation. Otherwise, why does every little move she makes become public knowledge? Is this a stunt for her cable TV show? Is she still even doing that show? IDK
    This applies to a lot of former contestants though, DeAnna is hardly the only Bach/ette who gets photos and blurbs in the magazines when there's something fluffy to report (new love, engagement, marriage, baby, triathalon, etc). n4692u just told us about the photos and captions she saw in the current US Weekly, they featured other former contestants as well (thanks n4692u!). This is the first time DeAnna has showed off a boyfriend in the magazines, she tweeted a lot about her last boyfriend "Vegas," but it wasn't reported to the public.

    Travis Stork wrote a book on dating, he has that Doctors talk show (which airs every weekday), he was dating Carrie Underwood. Melissa Rycroft has been all over talking about her engagement, she was on Dancing with the Stars, she's in a cell phone commercial, and she's currently doing spots for Good Morning America. Both of them are more in the public eye than DeAnna, but people cut DeAnna down for being a fame whore.

    If you ask any former Bachelor contestant if they'd mind having something like, say, their wedding photo in People magazine I think the great majority would happily turn a pic over for another moment in the spotlight. Think about the kind of person who signs up for these shows, they have to be something of an attention-seeker to jump through all the hoops the production company puts them through during the application process. (Most of us would say no freakin' way to the hassle.)

    As far as I know DeAnna is still the co-host for Get Married and she blogs on their site.

Closed Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.