Closed Thread
Page 95 of 192 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3739298;
    It's for a national cell phone company... my thought was that she might have to get approval from TPTB if she mentions TB. Does anyone know if there was a cell phone carrier who advertised on the show? It could be Melissa's commercial is for a rival company.
    This is the original post ...

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3739062;
    Melissa has a local ad running in Dallas for one of the cellphone companies. She says, "Hi! I'm Melissa Rycroft and you may remember me from Dancing with the Stars or being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader..." no mention whatsoever of the Bachelor!!
    Perhaps a national carrier, but the ad appears local. I tend to believe reference to the DCC wouldn't have much relevance outside of the greater Dallas area.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3739462;
    .................Perhaps a national carrier, but the ad appears local. I tend to believe reference to the DCC wouldn't have much relevance outside of the greater Dallas area.

I respectfully disagree. The DCC are known all over the country as one of the best cheerleading squads in professional football. Some of them have appeared together on national TV. Just my own observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3739496;
    I respectfully disagree. The DCC are known all over the country as one of the best cheerleading squads in professional football. Some of them have appeared together on national TV. Just my own observation.
    I think you misunderstood.

I absolutely agree that the DCC is known to be top notch, and has name recognition nationally, but where I live, no one follows the individual cheerleaders. In greater Dallas, there are fans that would.

If a national cell company were to run an nationwide television ad spot, those few seconds where Melissa would say, something to the effect of, 'you might remember me from the DCC', would be a throw away, for not relevant to the vast majority of the country as it would be to a much smaller community of people that follows the DCC closely.

My opinion, anyway.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3739446;
    She did the same with the last ''love of her life - VEGAS'' - tho he was never identified
    Remember that during her season, DeAnna kept playing that mystery card about the ending of her show in all of her interviews. Although she said she "likes secrets", at the time I thought that was at the direction of the producers. Now, I think this hide and seek thing is one of DeAnna's games. Because she likes secrets, she thinks everyone else enjoys it when she keeps her beaus a secret mystery for as along as possible. Personally, I think most people get bored and forget about it - as least I do.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Reid and Helena on at 11Pm Channel 6 Action news tonight the 30th. in teh Philly market. For those of you not from Philly or South Jersey you can probably find it on 6ABC.com later.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3739656;

I absolutely agree that the DCC is known to be top notch, and has name recognition nationally, but where I live, no one follows the individual cheerleaders. In greater Dallas, there are fans that would.

If a national cell company were to run an nationwide television ad spot, those few seconds where Melissa would say, something to the effect of, 'you might remember me from the DCC', would be a throw away, for not relevant to the vast majority of the country as it would be to a much smaller community of people that follows the DCC closely.

My opinion, anyway.

I think I may have misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3739656;

My opinion, anyway.
    Trust me... no one in Dallas (outside her family and friends) knew her from the DCC until after she was on the bachelor. Although the DCC have a great presence and do lots of community service and charity events no one really knows individual cheerleaders.

I do see your point that it seems like it would be an ad more relevant to the Dallas area-- I was just saying that it was a national company so it was not a given that it was a local spot; it's possible that it is airing other places.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyRN;3739710;
    Reid and Helena on at 11Pm Channel 6 Action news tonight the 30th. in teh Philly market. For those of you not from Philly or South Jersey you can probably find it on 6ABC.com later.

What are they going to be talking about ?!?!

ETA: Just found out they are doing a piece on "Life After Reality"! Can't wait!!
    Last edited by LibbyBell; 10-30-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Kiptyn Setting sail on the ABC reunion cruise to Mexico. Be back Monday. Happy Halloween to all.
    about 1 hour ago from Tweetie

All aboard?

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyRN;3739710;
    Who is Helena??

Closed Thread