Closed Thread
Page 8 of 192 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl;2691041;
    Matt's was the worst. I would place Kelli Jo as number 2. Couldn't help but like both of them.
    I agree. When it comes to worst led on of a bachelor/ette, Meredith still holds the crown. In my book, Andy is number 2. What Meredith did to Matt was beyond cruel. She made Andy, Alex, Byron and Trista look like amateurs. Matt's bride is beautiful. What a handsome couple!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2691090;
    I agree. When it comes to worst led on of a bachelor/ette, Meredith still holds the crown. In my book, Andy is number 2. What Meredith did to Matt was beyond cruel. She made Andy, Alex, Byron and Trista look like amateurs. Matt's bride is beautiful. What a handsome couple!
    I must be a "minority" here because I really didn't feel that Meredith was wrong in what she said. She just stated that "if" Matt proposed she would be honored to accept his ring. She never once said that she was going to choose him but rather answered his question about if she did and he proposed what she would do. Just my opinion but I don't think she was wrong.

Andy is #1 with me. The ILY's were really bad. And then propose to one a very short time later. It really showed no respect to either women. I think he is the only one I had a real problem with. But then again I don't remember much of the other seasons. I do remember Meredith though. I still think what Andy did was much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BinkieBaby;2694003;
    I must be a "minority" here because I really didn't feel that Meredith was wrong in what she said. She just stated that "if" Matt proposed she would be honored to accept his ring. She never once said that she was going to choose him but rather answered his question about if she did and he proposed what she would do. Just my opinion but I don't think she was wrong.
    Binkie, With all due respect, Meredith did not say, "if".

I thought both Meredith and Andy were equally wrong with ILY's and leading on.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2697874;
    I thought both Meredith and Andy were equally wrong with ILY's and leading on.
    But, at least, Meredith was more tortured while doing it and during the aftermath than Andy. I give her a few more points for remorse.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think Meredith was under a lot of pressure from the producers to say something misleading. Yes, she overdid it, but she had the grace to apologize later.

Either Andy had real feelings for Bevin and was conflicted when he said the things he did to her, or he was pressured by the producers and allowed himself to act like the biggest cad, ever. It can't be both ways. Since I like the man, I assume he meant what he said at the time he said it, even though that is not a popular version among his fans.

Blob's wife's name is Rebecca Budwig. She's a soap actress he met while filming the Family channel rerun of his season (if I have all the names and spellings right). I've felt the marriage showed that the reality of his season was what he claimed: he simply didn't fall in love. He would have married his pick if he had.

I don't think it would have worked for Meredith with Matt, either. They aren't similar enough in goals and tastes. I understand she is very happy with her boyfriend of the past few years and very much in love. The guy produced a film and talked her into acting in it. Not sure what it is called or when it will be out.

And I think that's all I know!

DW, I've always been a little hestitant to post anything positive about "Blob" anywhere in this forum, but I have to agree with you about his intentions, and the fact that he married Rebecca..its Budig, BTW...not too long after his season. As a soap fan for many years, I kind of followed his story, especially after being so disappointed in how he came across during his Bach season. He actually met Rebecca before his season started when they first got together in meetings to talk about the Family Channel airing, but she was dating someone else at the time. Bob and Rebecca got together not long after he broke up with (was it Estella?) as Rebecca was single at that point. Bob is still active with ABC daytime, and the couple remain friends with several people in the industry. I see them mentioned every so often in the soap mags. Everything I've read has been very positive about him, and them as a couple. He seems to be very popular. I'm beginning to think the whole Bachelor process ruins even the "good guys." I think men are just wired differently than women and the whole idea of having 25 women (and no competition) fall over themselves to be "the chosen one" is bound to make any guy act out of character. When does that ever happen to an average guy in real life? Add in Fleissian editing and you've got a recipe for disaster. Mind you, it won't keep me from watching again....and again.....

Quote Originally Posted by BinkieBaby;2694003;
    I agree with you BinkieBaby! She COULDN'T have said that she wouldn't accept his proposal and it sure seemed to me that she worded her response VERY carefully "I'd be honored" isn't exactly "WHOOPIE, When can we get hitched?" imo, She tried to warn Matt and Matt was either mad about loosing or really naive to the premise of the show. imo

I think, that with what we know about the show now, that Matt probably had encouragement from producers as to Meridith's supposed feelings. Remember, that it WAS Ian for her from the beginning, and she was just going through the motions. You would have thought that Matt would get the clue when his fatasy date was so short. - But I am sure that he was helped to believe that Meridith had strong feelings for him and was encouraged to think that through the ATFR.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Closed Thread