Closed Thread
Page 51 of 192 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3287369;
    The other thing that bothers me about this is that she is supposedly his gf of 5 years. So she didn't mind that he was The Bachelor 3 years ago? You'd also expect that something like this would have at least hit the gossip columns. He's a former Bachelor and he's on a TV program. Marriages to less famous people get written up by somebody. I google'd Travis Stork Breanna Downey and found nothing.
    Not to mention that she didn't mind all the recent stuff about him dating Carrie Underwood and meeting her in various cities? (apparently off, now ... but nobody seemed to be denying it last year when rumors and pictures were flying)

I understand that this is the “Where are they now thread”, so naturally people come here to post and read information about what past contestants are up to these days. There’s a natural curiosity that leads us to want to keep up with the people whose lives we follow while they are on this show. I get that. What I don’t understand is why so many posters are compelled to pass judgment on every move these former contestants make.

When people sign up to be on this show I think very few of them are aware of the fact that their lives will be chronicled, snooped, discussed, dissected, speculated about and highly critiqued, not only during their tenure on the show, but seemingly forever. Even cast members of the first few seasons still pop up for discussion in here. As if that’s not scary and invasive enough in itself, it seems anyone in their lives is open to the same sort of invasion/critique/criticism as well. It’s one thing to post an update and say “so and so from season whatever is getting married” or “look who’s having a baby” or “it seems these two are dating”, but it’s a whole other thing to continually make comments that are judgments about the character, intelligence, personality or nature of past contestants, their family members, or their significant others. Agreeing to be on a reality show obviously invites people to view your life and opens you up to inspection and analysis, but it shouldn’t make you and anyone close to you a target for constant scrutiny and labeling. Once the show is over and they are no longer coming into your living room every Monday night these contestants should have the right to resume their lives, without fear of public bashing for every decision they make. JMHO, as always
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3285667;
    You can see her on the DCC site. She has pics with him there. How original! Jeremy is dating a DCC and now Jason appears to be picking one that just retired ... Shallow guys!

Can't comment on Jason's current status, but if dating someone that you respect and have known for years qualifies as being shallow, then I guess Jeremy is indeed "shallow".

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3287580;
    Can't comment on Jason's current status, but if dating someone that you respect and have known for years qualifies as being shallow, then I guess Jeremy is indeed "shallow".
    I just loved the edited version I saw of Jeremy and was thrilled when MeAnna sent him home. After I finished sniffling, of course. I always thought that Jeremy was far too fine a person for MeAnna. If Jeremy has known Amy for years, it is wonderful that friendship blossomed into love. If he fell in love with her after meeting her a month ago, that is wonderful too. I'm just happy for him!

Though I would have enjoyed watching that gorgeous man as The Bachelor, I'm relieved he has simply moved on to better things. Now WE can move on and let him enjoy his new love.

Re: B13 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by musicmom;3282959;
    Very off topic, but I am so thrilled I have had my first real brush with a contestant! There I was, having lunch at Chick-Fil-A with my hubby and kids, and in walks Jeremy! Hubby says I was gawking, but I tried to hold it together. It helped that, although I admire him and liked him on the show, he is not my "type".
    He was with a girl, who he was comfortable enough with to eat some of her food. Looked the same as on tv, although much less of a tan now. Hubby asked why I was not going over to say anything, but I just couldn't.....the middle-aged Forter.....I should have said hello, using his Fort name, huh? Anyway, never thought I would ever see any of them.
    Too bad I am never in the Carollton part of Dallas, to see Melissa....
    Awwww, Musicmon ~ the real question is why weren't you whipping out your cell phone and snapping a pic for our "where are they now" thread!

Seriously though, you should have introduced yourself. Jeremy is pretty tolerant of us middleaged FORTers ~ I'm sure he would have just given you a big hug.

Jeremy is always great about people coming up and talking to him! Next time come say hi! And thanks Hilltopmom! Friendship is a great way to start a relationship! It helps if you actually like the person and can talk to them. We were definitely friends first.

Quote Originally Posted by AR1234;3287790;
    Jeremy is always great about people coming up and talking to him! Next time come say hi! And thanks Hilltopmom! Friendship is a great way to start a relationship! It helps if you actually like the person and can talk to them. We were definitely friends first.
    You're so welcome, AR1234. A friend of mine is a former long-time DCC and she is the sweetest, friendliest, most beautiful gal you've ever met. She's married now with two step-daughters and a little one on the way.

It broke my heart to watch MeAnna with Jeremy, but maybe it helped him to realize he was ready to let a special lady come into his life. I wish Jeremy and Amy much love and continued blessings.

For those interested, Andy Baldwin just gave a speech at one of the inauguration balls ~ I believe it was the Red White and Blue Ball. I hear it was quite nice and can be found on the tube place.

Tomorrow he is running a marathon in Miami for pancreatic cancer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3287992;
    For those interested, Andy Baldwin just gave a speech at one of the inauguration balls ~ I believe it was the Red White and Blue Ball. I hear it was quite nice and can be found on the tube place.

Tomorrow he is running a marathon in Miami for pancreatic cancer.

After reading that he gave a speech, I thought you were going to say, "Tomorrow he is running for office"
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3288009;
    [/B]

After reading that he gave a speech, I thought you were going to say, "Tomorrow he is running for office"
    LOL.....Maybe one day, Bloomers!

Closed Thread