Closed Thread
Page 50 of 192 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3286583;
    Amen Sister!! You rock!

Sincerely,

One of the "Shallow Guys"!

Ps. Every single one of the DCC girls I have met is an amazing woman. They are on the team because they love to dance, and they work really hard at it training several hours a day as often as 7 days a week. They sacrifice a lot to do what they love. They are passionate young ladies and role models for young girls all over the country. If dating a woman like this makes a guy shallow, then by all means, I will wear that label with pride!
    So true, Punky. I'd love to have a DCC-type gal for a daughter-in-law one day. She would be attractive, hard-working, confident and probably well-versed in charity work.

FORT Newbie

Wikipedia is reporting that Travis Stork married in late 2008 to his gf of 5 years.... not sure if it's true or not

FORT Fanatic

Amen Sister!! You rock!

Sincerely,

Ps. Every single one of the DCC girls I have met is an amazing woman. They are on the team because they love to dance, and they work really hard at it training several hours a day as often as 7 days a week. They sacrifice a lot to do what they love. They are passionate young ladies and role models for young girls all over the country. If dating a woman like this makes a guy shallow, then by all means, I will wear that label with pride!
    Anybody that hasn't watched the Making the Team series, really should. There is a lot more to these women than just pretty faces. They work very very hard, and are extremely well disciplined. They are held to a very high standard, because they represent the Cowboys organization. And they are definitely not vapid airheads, as some have labeled them.

Amen Sister!! You rock!

Sincerely,

There is an unfortunate stereotyping of women who are professional dancers or cheerleaders and they are described as shallow airheads when in reality that is completely absurd.

It takes hard work and dedication to train 7 days a week, and I can't imagine they have much of a personal life when they are "in season" and working.

Thank you to all those who have defended us. As a professional cheerleader, I can assure you that it takes a lot of commitment and hard work. I do it because I love to dance and I love being a part of this team. With that said, what I do for a living is only a small portion of who I am as a person. I know that my man's reasons for dating me have nothing to do with a uniform. We have developed a close friendship and we enjoy each other's company. So please do not be so quick to judge or call someone shallow. We might actually be worthwhile women who are just doing what we love to do!

Quote Originally Posted by AR1234;3286711;
    Thank you to all those who have defended us. As a professional cheerleader, I can assure you that it takes a lot of commitment and hard work. I do it because I love to dance and I love being a part of this team. With that said, what I do for a living is only a small portion of who I am as a person. I know that my man's reasons for dating me have nothing to do with a uniform. We have developed a close friendship and we enjoy each other's company. So please do not be so quick to judge or call someone shallow. We might actually be worthwhile women who are just doing what we love to do!

Welcome to FORT. I totally agree with you. I have admired the DCC for many years and they are not just a bunch of pretty faces. They do charity work, community service, USO tours, practice many hours at what they love to do and I'm sure most, if not all, hold jobs outside of the DCC. Some even have husbands and children, so I say good for them. These girls have to have unquestionable good character as well. I also hope Jason ends up with one in the end (Melissa) because he will be a lucky man. We are 95-100% sure that he will.

Quote Originally Posted by AR1234;3286711;
    to FORT. It's great to have the perspective of someone in the know. I hope you continue to post with us!

FORT Fan

Whoops! Getting the hip-waders outta the truck - we're going from shallow to deep.

And, yep, my daddy always said "The hit dog always barks".

I enjoy finding out all those extra layers of personality and talents these "characters" have in real life once they get past the tv cameras. It is incredible how little snippets and editing mold the audience's expectations. Luckily, most don't live down to those expectations.

Kinda like getting those snippets of personalities here too. It's fun!
    Last edited by Fair Balancer; 01-23-2009 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbvb;3286674;
    Wikipedia is reporting that Travis Stork married in late 2008 to his gf of 5 years.... not sure if it's true or not
    Take items like that on Wikipedia with a grain of salt. ANYONE can post updates on Wikipedia, whether true or not.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kbvb;3286674;
    The other thing that bothers me about this is that she is supposedly his gf of 5 years. So she didn't mind that he was The Bachelor 3 years ago? You'd also expect that something like this would have at least hit the gossip columns. He's a former Bachelor and he's on a TV program. Marriages to less famous people get written up by somebody. I google'd Travis Stork Breanna Downey and found nothing.

Closed Thread