Closed Thread
Page 44 of 192 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3257604;
    ITA, they were all really great guys and they "made" the show. One of the reasons Dee was unsuccessful in finding "love" is because those guys loved each other more than her. You could really tell that they were very good friends, friends for a lifetime-like friends. It was a special thing to see and that is what we can all remember from the show. Those guys would never have met each other if they had not been brought together on The Bachelorette. So cheers and fond memories for us all!
    Seems like the "show" has more success with hook-ups from those who are "discarded" than those who are chosen!

Oh Mickey you're so fine fashionista84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lellis819;3257278;
    I just heard from one of my Bachette 4 guys that has become a friend. He want s all to know that the guys from that season really are a close bunch and help each other out all the time! They are meeting in Breckinridge (Jesse hosting) in January. In attendance, Sean, Ryan, Jeremy, Richard, Ron, Brian (TX) and of course Jesse. He also said that Ron's shop "SolePatch" is one of the best places to go to in KC! Here's a link to see what's up there, sounds like he's a success!
    Sole Patch Barbershop Archived Past Events

Sounds like the Bachelorette 4 was more of a "Bromance" between the guys since they got along so fabulously!! That's why I enjoyed watching it and out of all of the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows done this group of guys seem to be the most tight knit group!!

Quote Originally Posted by supermomof2;3260099;
    OK, my first post- lurked for a long time, finally registered during DeAnna's season, but have never posted, so bear with me-

Did anyone else see Amanda from Matt's season on Travis Stork's show "The Doctors" today? It was a really cute episode. They were trying to help her with her "meeps." They showed a montage of "meep" clips from the season. She looked great- I loved her during that season. Travis also gave a little shout-out to season 13 and wished Jason good luck.

Looking forward to the upcoming season!
    Welcome and I hope you will continue to post with us this season. I have never seen Travis Stork's show, I wish I had got to see Amanda.

Quote Originally Posted by supermomof2;3260099;
    OK, my first post- lurked for a long time, finally registered during DeAnna's season, but have never posted, so bear with me-

Did anyone else see Amanda from Matt's season on Travis Stork's show "The Doctors" today? It was a really cute episode. They were trying to help her with her "meeps." They showed a montage of "meep" clips from the season. She looked great- I loved her during that season. Travis also gave a little shout-out to season 13 and wished Jason good luck.

Looking forward to the upcoming season!
    Welcome to the board, I watch The Doctors almost everyday, it's a very educational show. I did see Amanda, she is still as gorgeous as ever.

Here's an article on Stephanie Tipper from Bachelor 10. The below excerpt is always good to keep in mind when starting a new season Oh the magic of reality tv.

'The Bachelor' contestant expands career | TimesDaily.com | The Times Daily | Florence, AL

During the show, Tipper - known to viewers as Stephanie T. - portrayed the villainous Southern belle determined to come out on top and make the other women jealous. Entertainment Weekly named her "The One Everyone is Going to Hate."

Baldwin gave Tipper many of the firsts on the show: the first rose - a signifier of whom he liked - the first date on a yacht and even the first kiss.

Those firsts were what the audience got to see, including the producer's story arc of Tipper as a jealousy-inducing, in-your-face woman who would steam roll the other women to get to her man.

But there's also Tipper's version - one that she can voice now that her two-year contract with the show has expired.

"I am a confident person, and through the magic of editing, they can make you look however they want. You have no control over how they make you look," Tipper said.

One example requires some setup: On a group date to Lake Tahoe, Devon, one of the bachelorettes, was in the bathroom crying over an injured ankle as Tessa (the eventual winner) consoled her.

Tipper was in a different room in the suite, untangling the necklaces of another Stephanie and rolled her eyes in frustration.

The editors put the scenes - crying then eye-rolling - together into what seemed like a reaction.

"When you see something like that, of course it frustrates you," Tipper said. "I knew what I was getting into; I read the contract I signed. They can even cut and paste your sentences so that it is something that you didn't even say."

Some reality shows have acknowledged this "writing" - a process whereby hundreds of hours of tape are mixed and matched to form a narrative of the producer's liking.

What else do the producers like? "They wanted us constantly interacting with one another," Tipper said.

To reach that goal, what looked like a huge mansion where the women stayed included access to five rooms - the rest was roped off for production - with no music, no television, no reading.

Plus, filming occurred at all times of the day or night.

Before the show, Tipper's mother, Cathy Markovitz, advised her about some expected realities of the show, even though neither had been on a show before.

"I had a feeling I guess you could say," Markovitz said.

"We tried to inject a whole lot of reality in the fiction. We even guesstimated the number of shows she would be on," Markovitz said.

When asked about her daughter's portrayal during the show, Markovitz said, "They usually keep the villain on the longest time and they put you on the most.

"I was hoping she would be a really tough villain - you go girl!" she said. "I wanted her to throw them under the bus."

As for the future, Tipper said, "The show is not going to shape anything in my future. My future is up to me, and I hope to find a career that I'm happy with."

"Overall, I would do it again," Tipper said. "I would love to do more reality TV."

Quote Originally Posted by fashionista84;3260503;
    Sounds like the Bachelorette 4 was more of a "Bromance" between the guys since they got along so fabulously!! That's why I enjoyed watching it and out of all of the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows done this group of guys seem to be the most tight knit group!!
    Yeah, it was a great 'bromance' story! I wish we got to see more of it actually.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lifesabeach;2413285;
    Moana has started a jewelry line and she still talks to Travis quite a bit. But she has moved on and has had a couple of boyfriends since Dr. Stork.
    Last season there was an hour's show with updates on some contestants. Moana was engaged. Brooke (Aaron's season F2) got married. She does a garden show and some weather reporting on local TV station. Heather (who also came along with Mary on Byron's show) met a high school mate who lived close by and they married too. Shannon (F3 from Alex, season 1) is also engaged. Matt was married early 2008. Kate Brockhouse (Tessa season) got married recently to a Navy dude.

Didn't they say Sara B and Charlie split last year about the time of the Brit season. Byron and Mary still together but marriage plans keep going from one November to the next.

Bevin was expecting to get engaged soon, she's probably is already married now.

Jen, Andy season #3 got engaged very recently. Woosh! She is finally hooked up with someone. Andy and wife Ivana expecting baby #1 in mid April.
    Last edited by seeker; 01-06-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3267984;
    Didn't they say Sara B and Charlie split last year about the time of the Brit season.
    Did split but now back together again

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3241742;
    Well, well, well is right!

They actually make a cute couple!

I loved Holly, she was so sweet and down to earth... which I"m guessing would make her a better fit for Jesse than Deanna.
    Jesse seems to have taken a page out of Jason's book and moved on (may be even counting his lucky stars at this point).

Deanna is giving adviice and talking about herself a whole lot (about how she isn't getting married and people are always asking her that-really? seems more like they want he to go away quietly and live her life). We may well see even the likes of Graham, Ron, Jesse and Jason take a walk down the aisle to the altar while Deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaana is on the look out for the one she loves. She may well have to figure out what love really is before she finds the one she intends to marry. She is not leaving TV life anytime soon it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3267984;
    Last season there was an hour's show with updates on some contestants. Moana was engaged. Brooke (Aaron's season F2) got married. She does a garden show and some weather reporting on local TV station. Heather (who also came along with Mary on Byron's show) met a high school mate who lived close by and they married too. Shannon (F3 from Alex, season 1) is also engaged. Matt was married early 2008. Kate Brockhouse (Tessa season) got married recently to a Navy dude.

Didn't they say Sara B and Charlie split last year about the time of the Brit season. Byron and Mary still together but marriage plans keep going from one November to the next.

Bevin was expecting to get engaged soon, she's probably is already married now.

Jen, Andy season #3 got engaged very recently. Woosh! She is finally hooked up with someone. Andy and wife Ivana expecting baby #1 in mid April.
    Sarah B & Charlie have reconciled and Jenni (F2 along with DeAnna, who was also F2, Brad season) is engaged to be married on March 7, 2009.

I am happy for them all.

Closed Thread