Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

'Bachelor' wedding exclusive: interview with one of Jason and Molly's wedding guests

In case you haven't heard, 'The Bachelor's' Jason Meznick and Molly Malaney got married this past weekend, and even better, the wedding will air on ABC this Monday, March 8th.

Jason and Molly are only the second 'Bachelor' couple to tie the knot (Will Jake and Vienna make it number 3?), and have had to overcome enough negative press to last a lifetime. Even so, their marriage marks a great success for the 'Bachelor' franchise, and it was imperative to give the couple a wedding they would remember.

You may have heard a few details about the wedding like: it rained, Jason Castro sang 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' while Molly walked down the aisle, and Molly wore a white Monique Lhuillier dress or seen pictures on different website like TheHollywoodGossip.com. But without having seen the TV special yet, it is hard to get a real feeling for the wedding. It sounds beautiful though - a made-TV-production, gathering reality stars together as Jason Castro serenades the bride and groom.

However, I for one wanted to get down to the knitty-gritty of this wedding. How did it feel and what was the experience like? To answer these questions, I spoke with James Sun, CEO of GeoPage, and one of Jason's friends who attended the wedding with his wife and two daughters, and previously wrote a blog about Jason and Molly getting married. See the short interview below:

1. Favorite moment?
    Best and most touching moment was when Ty (his son) ran down the wedding aisle and gave Jason a big hug. Molly was beautiful when walking down the aisle, but as a parent with two daughters, I know how special it is to have your flesh/blood jump into your arms on such an important day.....so my vote is for Ty. Also, I had my beautiful daughters with me so I couldn't help but be touched by this moment. I could see little tears in my 5 year old's eyes as she watched Jason tear up to see Ty.

2. What did you think of Jason Castro's performance as Molly was walking down the aisle?
    Jason Castro's performance was ok. I didn't think it was his best performance. Maybe the weather had something to do with it......maybe his big hair got wet from all the rain. I don't know, but it wasn't his best.

3. I heard Jason and Molly got drenched at some point...true?
    Drenched is an understatement. It was raining cats/dogs at one point when they were saying their [vows]. Molly's hair was completely ruined, but I spoke with her afterwards, and she had such a good attitude about it. She really is terrific!

4. If you could describe the wedding in one word, what would it be?
    Seattle-Angeles

There you have it 'Bachelor' fans! Apparently the Seattle weather followed Jason and Molly to Los Angeles and joined in on the matrimonial fun. The TV special is undoubtedly going to be just that...special... with just enough touching, down-to-earth moments and details that make it a real wedding and not an elaborate stage production.

So even if 'The Bachelor' makes you want to gag or frustrates you beyond belief sometimes, you may want to give the wedding special a shot. Even Jonathan Dalton of AllPhoenixRealEstate.com, who wrote a blog calling 'The Bachelor' "predictable" and the women on the show as "pathetic and needy," cannot refute that 'The Bachelor' can be addicting.
    'Bachelor' wedding exclusive: interview with one of Jason and Molly's wedding guests
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

From Twitter:

Ed and jillian from the bachelorette are here. And so is kipton... And jake and vienna just arrived. Where did they come from?????
    about 9 hours ago via txt

Jake and viennas pub said they r on liquid diet, but I'm watching them munch on delish tacos. Even they couldn't resist besos delish food!
    about 8 hours ago via txt

Just met jake and vienna -- she's so nice in person! U wouldn't believe it. Amen. I'm a believer
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3849124;
    Sneak Peeks from Jason & Molly's Wedding:

Jason reading a romantic note that Molly wrote to him before the wedding.

thanks for posting these! it looks like he got a little choked up from the note molly wrote him. i read the article in ok magazine and she had a note he wrote her pinned to her bouquet. it was her something "blue". her something "new" was her dress, "borrowed" was her jewelry, something "blue" was the note from jason. she said in the note he told her he loves her and couldn't wait to see her and be her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3849102;
    I'm not sure where to put this, but Chris tweeted this tonight in relation to him telling us earlier that we'd all be a part of the bachelor this summer:

Soo exciting!
    I saw something on US Magazine's website that was talking about Jason Mesnick - The Bachelor: The Videogame. Oh my gosh, some of the comments were hilarious. One girl said that the only way she would want to play that ridiculous game with Mesnick as the lead was if it provided her with a gun and lots of explosives.

I guess I don't understand why ABC thinks that a videogame featuring past bachelors and bachelorettes would be a good idea. I am not in the demographic age bracket of those who buy the video games, but, really, do they expect the male population to be buying this video game if there aren't any guns and explosives? Or do they think that women will be flocking to the stores to buy them? Who did their research on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3849265;
    I saw something on US Magazine's website that was talking about Jason Mesnick - The Bachelor: The Videogame. Oh my gosh, some of the comments were hilarious. One girl said that the only way she would want to play that ridiculous game with Mesnick as the lead was if it provided her with a gun and lots of explosives.

I guess I don't understand why ABC thinks that a videogame featuring past bachelors and bachelorettes would be a good idea. I am not in the demographic age bracket of those who buy the video games, but, really, do they expect the male population to be buying this video game if there aren't any guns and explosives? Or do they think that women will be flocking to the stores to buy them? Who did their research on this one?
    Maybe it was developed in honor of Ali so that she could get her ex-boyfriend back who left her for video games.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3849193;
    From Twitter:

Ed and jillian from the bachelorette are here. And so is kipton... And jake and vienna just arrived. Where did they come from?????
    about 9 hours ago via txt

Jake and viennas pub said they r on liquid diet, but I'm watching them munch on delish tacos. Even they couldn't resist besos delish food!

Just met jake and vienna -- she's so nice in person! U wouldn't believe it. Amen. I'm a believer
    Thanks for posting these. Maybe they are getting some advice from Ed and Jill.

Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Molly is a pretty bride but I'm not fond of the dress. It reminds me of a flamenco dress that is very fitted to the thighs but has a big, flouncy, busy skirt. It looks better in this version. http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/marieclaire/images/Monique-Lhuillier-Spring-2010-1.jpg

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3849343;
    Molly is a pretty bride but I'm not fond of the dress. It reminds me of a flamenco dress that is very fitted to the thighs but has a big, flouncy, busy skirt. It looks better in this version. http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/marieclaire/images/Monique-Lhuillier-Spring-2010-1.jpg
    Sorry to disagree, but this one reminds me of those oldfashioned crochet doll-in-a-skirt toilet paper roll covers sitting on the tank lid. Am I dating myself yet?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3849362;
    Sorry to disagree, but this one reminds me of those oldfashioned crochet doll-in-a-skirt toilet paper roll covers sitting on the tank lid. Am I dating myself yet?
    Way too many frou-frous. This one looks like an animal that got its feathers ruffled or a white cake with too many curlicues in the thick icing.

Take my advice. I am not using it.

Closed Thread