Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Molly Malaney, Jason Mesnick Upset Over Bachelor Wedding Manipulation By Network

Looks like Vienna Girardi and Jake Pavelka don't have a monopoly on The Bachelor drama. Molly Malaney and Jason Mesnick are dealing with their share.

Last season's Bachelor stars are getting married on TV next month. With that comes plenty of drama. And possibly DeAnna Pappas. And Melissa Rycroft.

Molly and Jason got engaged last fall, and agreed to tie the knot on TV in a two-hour wedding special airing March 8, presumably for millions of dollars.

But will it be worth it? The couple is already fighting over the guest list, according to a friend, as ABC wants to turn the wedding into a Bachelor reunion.

Producers want Melissa Rycroft - Jason’s #1 choice, who he dumped for Molly after the season - and former Bachelorette star DeAnna Pappas to be there.

Molly Malaney reportedly isn’t happy about ABC's wedding meddling.

“ABC is basically controlling the guest list, and they’re inviting former [Bachelor stars] Molly and Jason don’t even know,” the insider says. “Molly is fine with that."

"However, she’s not especially thrilled about Melissa attending her wedding, because she thinks it will turn into a circus.” Which is probably what Mike Fleiss wants.

In any case, DeAnna Pappas, who negged Jason on The Bachelorette season finale, tells In Touch that she’s looking forward to the magical, staged event.

"I’ll be there with my boyfriend, Stephen,” she says, declining to give us a last name. “I'm so happy that Jason found Molly, as they really are the perfect couple.”

We agree. We're sure Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney will get through these pre-wedding jitters. With Chris Harrison officiating, how can they go wrong?
    Molly Malaney, Jason Mesnick Upset Over Bachelor Wedding Manipulation By Network - The Hollywood Gossip
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fanatic

I hope Molly says no and wait until their contract is up and do it themselves, because after the comment Melissa make on them why should she share in their joy. And ABC should not invite people they dont know it is their day not others.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3817344;
    Molly Malaney, Jason Mesnick Upset Over Bachelor Wedding Manipulation By Network

Molly Malaney, Jason Mesnick Upset Over Bachelor Wedding Manipulation By Network - The Hollywood Gossip
    Thanks for posting that, sanlee.

I don't understand why Molly is surprised. If she wanted her own wedding, she should have her own wedding. Instead she's having a Mike Fleiss production wedding. None of it will be hers.

Why do people think they can get something for nothing?

Is the money really worth it? Maybe some priorities need to be examined.

FORT Fan

Of course they will deny any of this. Melissa may go if they pay her. LOL! She's still under contract and she just got a new gig with ET ... She can suck it up and smile for the cameras so things look as though they are one big happy family. I don't see why Molly would have a problem with Melissa. She's the one who "stole" her man ... Melissa ended up with a much better deal in the end. Better looking guy w/a job and job opportunities that keep coming her way.

FORT Newbie

More Details on Melissa's New ET opportunity:

February 3, 2010

Melissa Rycroft has a new job!

The former Bachelor and Dancing With the Stars contestant has signed on to be a special correspondent with Entertainment Tonight, her rep confirms to PEOPLE.

Her first assignment for ET was covering Monday night’s “We Are The World” recording session in Los Angeles. Future assignments will include parties, award shows, premieres and set visits.

Rycroft, 26, who also handles reporting duties for Good Morning America, joined Ryan Seacrest in December in Times Square for the Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest special.

The Dallas beauty, who married her longtime boyfriend Tye Strickland last December in Mexico, was also PEOPLE.com readers’ choice to replace Samantha Harris on Dancing with the Stars. –Monica Rizzo
    Melissa Rycroft’s New Gig: Entertainment Tonight Correspondent - PEOPLE TV Watch

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3817396;
    Of course they will deny any of this. Melissa may go if they pay her. LOL! She's still under contract and she just got a new gig with ET ... She can suck it up and smile for the cameras so things look as though they are one big happy family. I don't see why Molly would have a problem with Melissa. She's the one who "stole" her man ... Melissa ended up with a much better deal in the end. Better looking guy w/a job and job opportunities that keep coming her way.

Here's Melissa's Facebook response to the speculation:

No worries people....I have no intentions of going to the wedding. That's crazy talk!!!! I would never put Tye in that situation....No worries!!

FORT Newbie

Melissa's debut on Entertainment Tonight:

Brad Bessey, Executive Producer of ET, twittered the following this evening after Melissa's debut on ET:

BradBesseyET
    Fact: @MelRyStrickland is a pure joy! For all you fans who tweeted don't miss ET this month! Melissa will visit sets, red carpets and more!

Melissa looked beautiful tonight on ET and Mary Hart gave her a warm welcome. Her first full segment for ET will air tomorrow night...can't wait !!

Melissa's ET debut video clip is now out on You Tube.

Just search for: "Melissa Rycroft - Special Guest Correspondent on ET"

FORT Fan

I saw her. She looked cute and will be back.

FORT Fan

in touch weekly?! lol come on. give me a break. i don't believe for a second melissa was invited to the wedding. and why on earth would molly be upset about deanna being there? molly herself has said before that she and deanna are friends. this article is so full of you know what.
    Last edited by sunchaserr; 02-04-2010 at 03:35 AM.

When Jason and Molly agreed to allow ABC do their wedding, they pretty much gave them control - I'm sure it's a meeting of the minds, but in the end, they're paying them, and ABC will be televising therefore, they hold control over all final decisions. Whether or not Mel was invited is moot, since she's already said she wouldn't go. But it did sound from her tweet that she was asked.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Closed Thread