Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelor Contestants -- Where Are They Now?

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha_Brown;3772806;
    Melissa's weddding sounded like something out of a romantic storybook. Just simple, yet elegant. People seem liked they could be at ease and enjoy the ceremony, Barefoot, lovely sea breeze blowing, sun setting, waves roaring while the bride and groom said their vows.
    Don't you just love weddings? Especially ones like Tye and Melissa's where the couple seems so well suited to one another, are supported by their families and that are beautiful yet unpretentious! The members of the bridal parties were all family and long-time friends with prayers being offered by both fathers.

I found it interesting that Tye planned almost every aspect of the wedding. Now that's a man with good taste! Melissa chose her dress and her bridesmaid's dresses, but Tye did most of the planning himself.

I do hope the happy couple will have a chance to enjoy more "honeymoon" time. They raced back home to spend Christmas with their families before Melissa goes to New York to co-host Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve celebration. What a honor for Melissa to co-host the most enduring, traditional New Year's celebration in America with the venerable Mr. Clark.

FORT Fan

i don't really consider what melissa is doing as "co-hosting" with dick clark. i think jennifer lopez has that honor. melissa is just going to be outside chatting with the revelers while the cameras check in with her from time to time. she's doing the exact same thing kellie pickler did on dick clark's new year's special last year, and she didn't get much screen time from what i remember.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sunchaserr;3772820;
    i don't really consider what melissa is doing as "co-hosting" with dick clark. i think jennifer lopez has that honor. melissa is just going to be outside chatting with the revelers while the cameras check in with her from time to time. she's doing the exact same thing kellie pickler did on dick clark's new year's special last year, and she didn't get much screen time from what i remember.
    I read articles that described Melissa's involvement as "co-host" including one that called Melissa "co-host" in the title. The same articles said that Jennifer Lopez was the featured musical artist along with the Black Eyed Peas and several others. ABC said Melissa was to be their on-air correspondent. I wasn't creating the title of co-host for Melissa, I just stated what I had read.

Regardless of the amount of screen time Melissa may or may not receive, it is still any honor to be involved in the longest running televised New Year's celebration in America. Sure beats staying at home watching it on t.v.!

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;3772832;
    I read articles that described Melissa's involvement as "co-host" including one that called Melissa "co-host" in the title. The same articles said that Jennifer Lopez was the featured musical artist along with the Black Eyed Peas and several others. ABC said Melissa was to be their on-air correspondent. I wasn't creating the title of co-host for Melissa, I just stated what I had read.

Regardless of the amount of screen time Melissa may or may not receive, it is still any honor to be involved in the longest running televised New Year's celebration in America. Sure beats staying at home watching it on t.v.!
    Except that the Texas gal is gonne be freezing her patootie off - not being used to the bitter cold that can be Times Square LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;3772832;

i understand what you're saying but abc said the same thing for kellie pickler last year. melissa is doing the exact same thing kellie did last year.i just don't consider what i saw kellie do as "co-hosting". she stood out in the crowd with a mic and the camera checked in with her a few times an hour. melissa will probably enjoy the gig but i wouldn't want to be out in that cold. i did that scene in times square 6 years ago. this year i will be celebrating in warm, sunny Los Angeles
    Last edited by sunchaserr; 12-20-2009 at 12:14 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sunchaserr;3772834;
    i understand what you're saying but abc said the same thing for kellie pickler last year. melissa is doing the exact same thing kellie did last year.i just don't consider what i saw kellie do as "co-hosting". she stood out in the crowd with a mic and the camera checked in with her a few times an hour. melissa will probably enjoy the gig but i wouldn't want to be out in that cold. i did that scene in times square 6 years ago. this year i will be celebrating in warm, sunny Los Angeles
    I've been there twice: once it was very cold and once it was mild. I enjoyed both times and the crowds were huge each time. I'm guessing Melissa will receive tips on dressing in layers, wearing gloves and a hat, etc. If Mr. Clark can do it for almost 40 years, Melissa will be o.k. It might not be as comfortable for JLo performing out there unless she dresses for the weather instead of her usual sexy diva duds. She's from NY though so she knows what to expect.

Enjoy sunny Cali!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;3772835;
    I've been there twice: once it was very cold and once it was mild. I enjoyed both times and the crowds were huge each time. I'm guessing Melissa will receive tips on dressing in layers, wearing gloves and a hat, etc. If Mr. Clark can do it for almost 40 years, Melissa will be o.k. It might not be as comfortable for JLo performing out there unless she dresses for the weather instead of her usual sexy diva duds. She's from NY though so she knows what to expect.

Enjoy sunny Cali!
    the musical guests will be performing inside at the party. kellie pickler was the only one outside with the crowds last year and i expect it will be the same way this year with melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3772833;
    Except that the Texas gal is gonne be freezing her patootie off - not being used to the bitter cold that can be Times Square LOL
    Capegal I absolutely love that word and where I come from it is always preceeded by 'sweet'. Melissa will defititely be freezing it off if it's the usual New Years at Times Square. I'm looking forward to seeing her since I never am available to see her on GMA.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3772964;
    Capegal I absolutely love that word and where I come from it is always preceeded by 'sweet'. Melissa will defititely be freezing it off if it's the usual New Years at Times Square. I'm looking forward to seeing her since I never am available to see her on GMA.
    Last New Years Eve it was around 0 degrees with a wind chill in Times Square - my gal was there - and yuppers - she sure WAS freezing her ''sweet patootie'' off and she is a very cold weather type of gal too LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

For getting paid what she is going to and getting a gig. . .I bet she will don some thermal underarmor and say "Happy New Year"

Super stuff that she is getting all these gigs with ABC. They love this girl. I do too.

I bet MeAnna is just green with envy. . . . tehehehehehehe.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Closed Thread