+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast

Thread: 5/21 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: West Coast Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

oh now he's making me sick... "you're so amazing" "This has been the hardest thing"... blah blah,,, "this isnt a rejection" WHAT????... uhhh yes it is dummy!

God he's such an awkward geekazoid... Bevin is lucky he didnt choose her

Zao

Re: East Coast Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Do they put the WTA/ATFR on ABC.com?

I may have selective amnesia but I don't remember another woman falling apart this much before the final hug and the sendoff in the limo. Eek, that was hard to watch.

ETA: I hated watching that and her in the limo.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Newbie

As promised, this was a real love story! I was confident Andy would pick Tessa at the very end. They both certainly have what it takes to make it last forever.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveA&T;2411461;
    As promised, this was a real love story! I was confident Andy would pick Tessa at the very end. They both certainly have what it takes to make it last forever.
    I'm still giddy! I LOVE these two!

Quote Originally Posted by forestpal;2411351;
    What I don't understand is bitterness or vengeful thoughts towards people we don't even know. Such feelings tell me that Fleiss succeeded more thoroughly than he should have. We should, especially since we have each other to vent with, be okay emotionally. Where I am NOT okay is at the level of understanding, the level of the intellect, the level where self-control and compassion are linked -- I can "feel" Andy's need to say "I love you" to Bevin, for he probably did, in a way that we may never understand. But I cannot "understand" why he did not exert some self-control and refrain from saying those words to Bevin, whose temporary elation was so quickly replaced by extraordinary heartache. I think it was for Andy's own sake that he said "I love you," thinking that would make him feel better (like a Chopard watch) and as if he were giving her a present, to atone for what he was about to do to her.
    As a thinking person, I have objections to people who are so selfish that they do not understand that the gift of love can be extremely painful. In sum, he dealt Bevin a blow she didn't need to feel, in order that Andy could salve his conscience. Wearing the watch to the FRC is of the same ilk: he showed it to her, showing her that he valued the watch and it was an "amazing" gift. What he failed to take into account that his wearing the watch only made her downfall a steeper one. I don't think Andy is evil. But I do think for such an educated man he's sadly lacking in certain pieces of wisdom. Perhaps he should have spent a little time studying the liberal arts along with his science courses. Reading the novels of Thomas Hardy or Leo Tolstoy, for example, constitutes an object lesson in how men hurt women. Those novels are practically "how to" manuals. Some part of Andy's education went untended. I hope Tessa can help him fill in that gaping hole. He's very smart but not very wise.
    But you, forestpal are plenty smart and plenty wise !

I haven't watched all of the show yet, but came in at the tail end of the Bevin/Andy final date so when I see it all I may change my opinion, but I think Andy is a caregiver "type" who will look to other's needs before his own. When Bevin hurt her ankle, Andy needed to get to know some of the other women better, but he let himself take care of her and monopolize his time partially because she needed him.

Andy wasn't being heartless. All of the seemingly cruel things he did and said were part of Andy taking care of Bevin. He told her he loved her because she needed to hear it. Her devastation was amplified by her dependence and he cut the cord.

Tessa is a Social Worker and probably understood the Andy/Bevin dynamic throughout .. possibly looked at it even clinically ... and acted accordingly. She facilitated Andy taking care of himself, making him smile, making him laugh, being "up" for anything and sharing these things with him, being a "goofball" just like him. This was absolutely being true to herself and who she is.

If you've ever been in a caregiver situation, you'll know that what you need is respite, and Tessa gave Andy respite and put a positive spin on things and their relationship was able to grow in that environment.

Just how I see it.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

That was painful to watch. This show is ruthless.

Geez, they're still showing Bevin in the limo. They are really milking this.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie

Yikes and Tessa is supposed to stay with this guy after he professes his undying love to Bevin?

FORT Newbie

Allrighty. now I'm happy!

Bevin handled herself very well. I don't think I would have been able to hold my tongue and would have given Andy a piece of my mind

I would love to see Bevin as the Bachelorette
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread