+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1065

Thread: 5/21 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: East Coast Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by LoveA&T;2411461;
    As promised, this was a real love story! I was confident Andy would pick Tessa at the very end. They both certainly have what it takes to make it last forever.
    I have verry high hopes for this couple, it just seem real to me........

I felt bad for Bevin, I can't imagine myself in her position even knowing the process from Week 1. And I don't fault Andy for his behavior last night or in other nights. I think he is a caring person and he tried hard to comfort Bevin by letting her know he had sincere feelings for her.

We have talked a lot about the process and discussed the fact that F2 had to be prepared for the reality she might not be chosen. Bevin wasn't rejected she just wasn't chosen.

And F1 or Tessa in this case has to accept the fact that Andy or the bachelor would have strong feelings for Bevin or F2.

This is the way the show works, this is what keeps us coming back week after week. I can't see how TPTB could change the format that would prevent tears, show the love story and at the same time create enough suspense and interest to have us watch week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by Boot;2411475;
    But in the past three weeks Bevin really impressed me: that she IS more mature than so many of the others, and that Tessa was just waiting to see what happened and would stick it out provided things didn't get too stressful.

In the end, I've surmised that Bevin is smart, hard-working, and has pulled herself up from a lower class life with grace and steadfastness.
    Boot.... welcome to FORT! That was a fabulous first post, even if I don't necessarily agree with much of the sentiment expressed. Very well written and insightful... I hope you'll stay around!

I have become more comfortable with who I think Bevin truly is. I'm not a big fan of how she acted around the other girls so I don't have much respect for her as a "friend," but I do respect the woman that I believe is behind the choppy edit. I cannot stand the nervous laughter on my television screen, but I understand it. I cannot stand the overt sexuality that she used to try to get what she wanted, but far too many people know that I actually understand it and can identify with it. I'm not quite certain that Bevin fell in love with Andy, however, but more the idea of Andy. One thing that was glaring to me in the last few shows is the pause any time she would make a committal statement about moving to Hawaii (pause) with Andy. How she'd love to continue this (pause) with Andy. How she was in love (pause) with Andy. It was like those pauses were an "oh yeah" moment for her. But... I do believe that Bevin has the capacity to learn from all of this and I think she'll make the perfect Bachelorette if they decide to do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Boot
    Tessa, on the other hand, is demure, malleable, easy-going, passive--- the perfect "wife" for a military man whose career (Duty, Honor, Country) comes first. She will be content as an ancillary adjunct to the star officer whereas Bevin would have caused the traditional, Patriarchal, conservative Andy some eventual frustration.
    The only part of this assessment that I agree with is that Tessa is demure and easy-going and will be the perfet wife for a military man. From her friends' descriptions of her she is anything but passive and malleable. She is strong, self-willed, and can stand on her own just fine. She won't blend into the landscape nor will she be a doormat. She will be the perfect complement to a strong man with his own life.... because she will have her own.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Best post of the night for me, and one I hope no one missed: from [B]izzie/B]
    Totally made the right call
    Okay, first off, this is my inaugural post on this site, but I felt I HAD to write something because for the first time in my life, I was CRYING over a TV show about people I don't (and probably will never) know.

In my own blog, I posted back in April that I thought Andy would choose Tessa. There was just something so special about the two of them...the whole time. Once he made that decision to keep her, despite her hesitation, I just got that gut feeling that she was going to end up with him.

Funny thing was that tonight, for the first time, I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I wasn't doubting that he WANTED to choose Tessa, I was doubting that he actually WOULD.

Why?

Well, here's my take: Andy seemed to resent Tessa when she went to visit his family. He acted almost reluctant to totally welcome her in and I think that was because of some deep seeded frustration over him REALLY wanting her but not being sure that he could trust her feelings for him. I was sitting there going: OH MY GOD, if he chooses Bevin because of this, he's totally unlikeable and a pussy and stupid and, frankly, doesn't deserve Tessa. (Why I had this emotional connection to this damn show, I have no idea!?) Couldn't you all just feel that energy: like he put on a big push to like Bevin...like he really WANTED to love her because she loved him so dearly...but that he was connected to Tessa and seething underneath...clenching his fists over his inability to completely pull her in (SO MILITARY, SOOOO DOCTOR). It was like he wanted to absorb her but couldn't and he wasn't happy about it so he started to make himself push her away. But then: WOOOOOOO! she came through and said: "I'm in love with you," and his heart went giddy and goofy. The way he started poking her tummy and saying: I love you, you know that? I freakin' (barf) love you! That was SOOOO telling. Haven't we all been there: You know when someone intimidates the hell out of you and you really want them to like you and you think: god, he/she should like me, but I'm not sure he/she does...but why not!!!?arrrrgh!...Then when the person says, "I like you," you do silly things like show (through juvenile body language) how much you adore that person and how scared you were that that person could break your heart and how relieved you are that maybe they won't. Andy totally did that, and it was truly adorable.

I have to say that each year I've sort of found The Bachelor predictable and somewhat boring. The choice the bachelor will make is almost always obvious, but there was something really honest about it this season and, frankly, Andy came through on being a great guy all around.

They are going to have beautiful babies and I couldn't be happier for two people who are total strangers to me. Weird. But I'm thrilled for them!!!

For Bevin, I think she's also a wonderful lady and should be so proud of wearing her heart on her sleeve and of having the ability to love so openly. It's truly respectable and something that the right person will cherish one day. So...chin up, Bevin. Maybe play your cards a little bit closer to your chest, but be happy that you have a huge heart.

And for my two favorite strangers, Andy and Tessa: Congratulations!!!!
    You both just made me want to fall in love...again.

I felt sorry for Bevin at the FRC, when Andy was trying to "comfort" her. I mean, I don't remember Andy's exact wording--so I'll paraphrase here--but I'm pretty sure if I were Bevin, I'd have been mentally "finishing" the unspoken part of Andy's comments like this:

"Bevin, don't think of this as a rejection, because it's not... It's just that I'm booting you out and I don't want you and I do want Tessa."

"I just want you to know that you are just the most amazing, wonderful person...but not amazing and wonderful enough for me to fall in love with."

I mean really, maybe he meant to be comforting, I found a lot of what he said somewhat insulting. Or patronizing, maybe.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

GREAT post by Izzie. I read it last night, but wanted to comment on this....

It was like he wanted to absorb her but couldn't and he wasn't happy about it so he started to make himself push her away. But then: WOOOOOOO! she came through and said: "I'm in love with you," and his heart went giddy and goofy. The way he started poking her tummy and saying: I love you, you know that? I freakin' (barf) love you! That was SOOOO telling. Haven't we all been there: You know when someone intimidates the hell out of you and you really want them to like you and you think: god, he/she should like me, but I'm not sure he/she does...but why not!!!?arrrrgh!...Then when the person says, "I like you," you do silly things like show (through juvenile body language) how much you adore that person and how scared you were that that person could break your heart and how relieved you are that maybe they won't. Andy totally did that, and it was truly adorable.
    Wow, perfect words. Until the 11th hour, Andy could not trust her feelings. I think he was always in awe of her, and he so wanted to be adored by her and when she finally wrote him that note stating she did not want to go back to life without him......awwwww. It was over.

I love these two together, and can't wait to see ATFR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2411813;
    GREAT post by Izzie. I read it last night, but wanted to comment on this....

Wow, perfect words. Until the 11th hour, Andy could not trust her feelings. I think he was always in awe of her, and he so wanted to be adored by her and when she finally wrote him that note stating she did not want to go back to life without him......awwwww. It was over.

I love these two together, and can't wait to see ATFR!!!
    That is my whole problem with them. Everyone blames the pressure and process of the show for Andy saying things that were not necessary (unless he meant them) to Bevin...but what was the turning point for Tessa?

Did she really just suddenly fall in love with him? I really hope so, b/c I want this season to have been successful after dedicating so much of my time to it.

But, part of me wonders if she didn't just succumb to the process and realize what it took to win. I just have a problem with the fact that within 24 hours she went from "unsure" of her feelings for Andy to wanting to marry him.

She stated that things changed for her at the hometown date. I dont think it was sudden at all. A slowly growing love. I just wish Tessa's final date would have taken place first. It would have changed alot and helped all three of them.

FORT Fanatic

Regarding Bevin's exit after the FRC....I did and do believe that what we saw was genuine heartbreak and her sobs were painful to see and hear.

She stated that she had always been unlucky in love and she has to understand that she is responsible for some of that rejection.

Maybe being on this show and watching herself will help her to appraoch relationships differently. Maybe the clinginess and neediness that I saw will show her that men don't like to be clung too and that she has enough positive attributes not to be so insecure.

As for Andy, I think that she had false hope because as I said before...he seemed to require that kind of devotion and I can understand why she was so hurt.

I can't imagine having a man treat me like that; insiting that I tell him how much I loved and adored him and then dumping me. This was probably the first time that a man showed that much so-called joy over her behavior and who kept asking for more, more, more from her. I think that her hopes of ending up with Andy were realistic considering how he acted and what he said to her.

I don't quite get the Tessa and Andy love story as of yet because it went from wishy-washy to over-whelming and that was confusing.

Tessa is far more introverted than Bevin was so I suppose her sudden explosion of feelings was a shock to everyone.

Bevin could have gone out with a four-letter word bang as Amber did and would have had even more reason to do so, but she didn't and that's why I think that she acted in a mature and classy way in the Limo and while Andy was rejecting her.

I can't get her sad, deep sobbing out of my head. It was very real to me.

I don't have a terribly high opinion of Andy and I find him dull and lacking in personality at times. I also don't see him as terribly mature so I wonder how far he will go with Tessa who seems to have it all together.

I also thought that something that I had suspect all along really happened. I suspect that when Tessa told Andy that she wanted to leave that out of camera range he told her that he would use the word PLEASE when asking her to accept a rose and that that would mean that he was developing feelings for her. If he ceased to use the word PLEASE then things would have deteriorated or he would be telling her that she was not the front runner...

I could be wrong, but I saw it as some kind of code between them. If he stopped using the word she would have the option to decline the rose and leave.

He said PLEASE only to Tessa and right up until the end.

FORT Fan

i just want to tell all you fabulous forters how very much i have enjoyed sharing this journey(Just had to say that)with you.. Your words have been intriguing, insightful, and humorous...i've laughed side-splitting laughs each day. thank you, thank you, thank you.....

+ Reply to Thread