+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1065

Thread: 5/21 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: East Coast Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I really think that on the ATFR it is Andy who needs redemption rather than Bevin. She walked out with so much class tonight, I couldn't believe it. I liked her better than Tessa from day one, but I didn't expect her to act so classy and mature if she were not the one! And no matter if there is a difference between "love" and "being in love": You DON'T tell a person that you are going to dump that you love them!!! That's just really cruel! If he weren't sure, he could have answered her declaration of love with "I truly care about you and think you're a wonderful person, but you know I'm not allowed to say anything else right now." And I just don't understand why many people here actually feel bad for TESSA because he told Bevin that he loves her?! What's up with that??? He can simply tell Tessa "I really wanted to tell you that I love you, so I had to tell Bevin the same in order to not give anything away." I think he does have some explaining to do, but more about his "actions" with Bevin rather than his words... that's something he should explain to Bevin imo. I liked Bevin before that, but tonight she earned my deepest respect! I would have slapped Andy if I were her...
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2411413;
    I wanted to put this here because some of the West Coast people are still watching the show and I didn't want to spoil it for them.

I have followed along with all of you from the beginning until tonight and I first want to thank the wonderful, thorough and fantastic previews of the shows that the East Coasters and the Sleuthers have given to all of us.

I was prpared to be upset with the ending because even though I wanted Tessa to be the F1, I had a lot of doubts about Andy after he told both girls that he loved them.

I now understand what he meant and I believe that he did in fact love them both for different reasons and in different ways. Maybe he just had a lot love and feelings to go around and that is a nice quality in a person.

Andy has always been pragmatic and goal oriented and I believe that in making his final decision, he followed through with his true character and how he perceived this decision and these moments to happen.

I didn't know what to make of his family and thought that they were very much like Andy...a bit pragmatic and a little stiff (or robotic as some have said about Andy himself). From past experience I knew that they would not give the answers that he sought or if they did, we wouldn't be privvy to it during the scenes that were shot.

I also understood Bevin much better by the end and knew that she truly loved Andy in the moment and how heart-broken she really was. I believe her feelings were based more on her past rejections than on her short term relationship with Andy and I wish only the best for her. She showed tremendous restraint and maturity in how she handled herself in the end. I hope that she learned something about how she approaches men and does beter in the future. She was just too into it too soon.

The NY Post article was partly correct at this point and only if Tessa declines the ring tomorrow night will they be completely right. Three months without having much contact with a man you've only known for 6 weeks can change a lot of things so I guess tomorrow will either be the beginning or the end of the rest of their lives together. I am hoping for the former.

Andy seems like a little boy at times and the only thing that really bothered me about him was his constant references to "his life" and "his future" and "his goals", etc.I didn't hear him mention how this would effect the woman that he chose so I hope it isn't all about him. I never heard him say, "I hope that I can make my future wife happy" or "I hope that I can make her dreams come true". I would have liked to have seen a little more of Andy giving than Andy simply requiring that the girls give him what he wanted and needed in order to make his decision.

I know the track record of this show, so I'd love to see the fairy tale finally play out for real and forever.

Thank you all again for the wonderful previews and posts and I wanted you to know that coming here made the season much more exciting for me then it ever has been before. I shared your enthusiasm and your emotions and I understood how you all felt about your favorite girl.

You made a show that I had learned to take with a grain of salt into a real experience despite the weird and misleading editing and the hints and clues that often lead nowhere.

I will be back for one last Bachelor epsiode tomorrow and I can't wait to hear what you all have to say in your own special ways.

I am a fan of all of you.
    Ok, ITA with this one too! Thanks memorylane for presenting it!

Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;2410853;
    how do you tell 2 women you love them???
    You get involved in a reality show that places you in very romantic and intimate situations with more than one woman who has a tremendous amount to offer and wa la...there you have it...confusion, constirnation and heartbreak. We can't look at this "dating" situation as anywhere near the norm for our own lives. They are just involved in an incredibly emotional roller coaster of a process. I totally feel for Andy and Bevin as it is so obvious that there were real emotions involved.

That said, I really have seen an amazing *drink* depth of spirit and heart between Andy and Tessa and I hope they go the distance...I think they will. If you think about it the ones who really went deep into the "process" have been the long-lasting ones ie Trista/Ryan and Mary/Byron. In order to really fall in love with this show I think there has to be an really deep emotional ride involved. Look at last year how disconnected the Prince was in reality. He did a bit of "weeping" but in the end he really didn't dive down into his soul like Andy has with the intent of making a real, lasting marriage. Anyway, my take on things

Quote Originally Posted by Boot;2411475;
    Tessa, on the other hand, will disappear into Andy's background, push out a passal of kids, and find a sense of security in the prison of nomadic military-wife domesticity where in between part-time shifts as a cashier at the PX, she'll work at perfecting a recipe for pineapple-upside-down cake.

Andy picked the right woman for him. Bevin narrowly escaped a life and man unworthy of her. And Tessa lived happily ever after-- FADE OUT.
    I don't see Bevin OR Tessa that way at all. I related better to Tessa because I'm more the reserved type but I think both women will/would have contributed to their married life together. Military wives come in all "flavors"...some work outside the home and some work within the home.
    It is not an easy life and I for one would have made an terrible military wife.

Re: West Coast Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Didn't see Byron's proposal, so his very well might have been better, but...

Andy was proposing to a woman he knew wasn't comfortable in front of 25 people, 2 cameras, etc. I think his proposal was perfect for them. It touched me and I wish them the best in the future.
    If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a3boymom;2411548;
    You get involved in a reality show that places you in very romantic and intimate situations with more than one woman who has a tremendous amount to offer and wa la...there you have it...confusion, constirnation and heartbreak. We can't look at this "dating" situation as anywhere near the norm for our own lives. They are just involved in an incredibly emotional roller coaster of a process. I totally feel for Andy and Bevin as it is so obvious that there were real emotions involved.

That said, I really have seen an amazing *drink* depth of spirit and heart between Andy and Tessa and I hope they go the distance...I think they will. If you think about it the ones who really went deep into the "process" have been the long-lasting ones ie Trista/Ryan and Mary/Byron. In order to really fall in love with this show I think there has to be an really deep emotional ride involved. Look at last year how disconnected the Prince was in reality. He did a bit of "weeping" but in the end he really didn't dive down into his soul like Andy has with the intent of making a real, lasting marriage. Anyway, my take on things
    This is speed dating on steriods. It's NOT REAL. Andy, being the good boy scout he is took this process SERIOUSLY. Fleiss you owe him your job!

Andy had deep affection for both women at the end, but truly only loved one. He loved Tessa from the Tahoe date on, then the Cinderella date where he was gushing, "where did you come from?" Tessa did not jump all over this "high achiever who can accomplish anything" and in the end, this frustrated him. He adored Bevin and she LOVED him deeply. That was good, but not good enough for him, because he WANTED Tessa.

At the 11th hour, she let him know how she felt and we have the ending we expected.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I loved the proposal, it seemed to fit them. Bring on the ATFR, I can't wait!

Hugs to Bevin, you put your heart on the line on national TV and took a risk, I'm sorry for your pain, best of luck to you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2411413;
    The NY Post article was partly correct at this point and only if Tessa declines the ring tomorrow night will they be completely right. Three months without having much contact with a man you've only known for 6 weeks can change a lot of things so I guess tomorrow will either be the beginning or the end of the rest of their lives together. I am hoping for the former.

Andy seems like a little boy at times and the only thing that really bothered me about him was his constant references to "his life" and "his future" and "his goals", etc.I didn't hear him mention how this would effect the woman that he chose so I hope it isn't all about him. I never heard him say, "I hope that I can make my future wife happy" or "I hope that I can make her dreams come true". I would have liked to have seen a little more of Andy giving than Andy simply requiring that the girls give him what he wanted and needed in order to make his decision.

...I am a fan of all of you.
    You are so sweet and what great insights!

I did want to ask about the Post article (I'm on the west coast and have just returned to my computer); is it something new? What does it say?

And although I still have a hard time with the sematics of loving someone or being in love with someone, especially with regard to a 30-year old man who has been in two serious relationships and should understand that if he intends to split hairs about major life declarations he should perhaps explain himself better, I concur completely with your second comment above. I don't ever remember hearing him say 'we.' I noticed this in the previous episode. I hope this was just bad editing.
    Last edited by tabby cat; 05-22-2007 at 04:06 AM. Reason: forgot a word

I can only say one thing about Bevin and her edit tonight: Thoughts create behavior create destiny and so on. I hope things work out better for her in the future but only she can control the outcome of her life...:/

I am sooooo happy that Andy and Tessa are together!

I actually think that this couple could be one of the few that last like Ryan and Trista. Simple love. No celebrity crap, no princey stuff, no amazing locations, just two people looking for love.

I feel so very bad for Bevin. I do believe she and Andy have something, but she wasn't the one for him to marry. I dont' remember another girl being so speechless at the end. She literally said nothing to him. And I agree that it hurt Andy to have to tell Bevin she wouldn't be the one.

But aren't Tessa and Andy CUTE! If they ever have children, they will be beautiful too!

Did anyone else notice that there isn't going to be/wasn't a girls tell-all against Andy show?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread