+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1065

Thread: 5/21 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: West Coast Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2411460;
    I may have selective amnesia but I don't remember another woman falling apart this much before the final hug and the sendoff in the limo. Eek, that was hard to watch.

ETA: I hated watching that and her in the limo.
    I didn't watch a couple of seasons, but the ones I do remember, I don't know that we could identify with the pain in their faces as much as you can with Bevin. That was so painful.

FORT Newbie

Its all scripted. Either that or he's really an a$$. I'm glad he picked Tess though.

FORT Newbie

Ok, now I will watch the After the Rose show tomorrow. Maybe Tessa will kick him to the curb, live on TV!

FORT Newbie

Re: East Coast Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Y'know when I first started watching I thought Beven was a little rough around the edges and Tessa was pretty, but a deer in the headlights and not really into the game... frankly never could've predicted it would come down to these two.

But in the past three weeks Bevin really impressed me: that she IS more mature than so many of the others, and that Tessa was just waiting to see what happened and would stick it out provided things didn't get too stressful.

In the end, I've surmised that Bevin is smart, hard-working, and has pulled herself up from a lower class life with grace and steadfastness. Tessa, on the other hand, is demure, malleable, easy-going, passive--- the perfect "wife" for a military man whose career (Duty, Honor, Country) comes first. She will be content as an ancillary adjunct to the star officer whereas Bevin would have caused the traditional, Patriarchal, conservative Andy some eventual frustration.

I knew that Bevin would be deeply disappointed, but that like SHE even said, she would not die. Tessa, if rejected, might have had a stroke but we'd probably have seen only a tear edge it's way from her left eye. She never displayed any strong emotion beyond fear and insecurity-- She seemed incredulous that Andy actually picked her.

Bevin's social work with Alzheimer's patients demonstrates her selflessness and dedication to her field, yet her special project on menopausal women and sexual disfunction (along with her apparent sexual self-confidence) suggests she herself, owns her own orgasm--which many "old fashioned" guys find threatening. She is strong and will pick herself up and hopefully find someone who appreciates her openness, progressive attitudes, and strong sense of self--that is, if she "needs" to find any man at all! (I have a feeling Andy knew deep down that Bevin didn't really NEED him)

Tessa, on the other hand, will disappear into Andy's background, push out a passal of kids, and find a sense of security in the prison of nomadic military-wife domesticity where in between part-time shifts as a cashier at the PX, she'll work at perfecting a recipe for pineapple-upside-down cake.

Andy picked the right woman for him. Bevin narrowly escaped a life and man unworthy of her. And Tessa lived happily ever after-- FADE OUT.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2411465;
    But you, forestpal are plenty smart and plenty wise !

I haven't watched all of the show yet, but came in at the tail end of the Bevin/Andy final date so when I see it all I may change my opinion, but I think Andy is a caregiver "type" who will look to other's needs before his own. When Bevin hurt her ankle, Andy needed to get to know some of the other women better, but he let himself take care of her and monopolize his time partially because she needed him.

Andy wasn't being heartless. All of the seemingly cruel things he did and said were part of Andy taking care of Bevin. He told her he loved her because she needed to hear it. Her devastation was amplified by her dependence and he cut the cord.

Tessa is a Social Worker and probably understood the Andy/Bevin dynamic throughout .. possibly looked at it even clinically ... and acted accordingly. She facilitated Andy taking care of himself, making him smile, making him laugh, being "up" for anything and sharing these things with him, being a "goofball" just like him. This was absolutely being true to herself and who she is.

If you've ever been in a caregiver situation, you'll know that what you need is respite, and Tessa gave Andy respite and put a positive spin on things and their relationship was able to grow in that environment.

Just how I see it.
    Ok, wow, just wow. Your words are so profound to me. Andy was always taking care of Bevin, physically, emotionally, because that is who he is and what he does.

Tessa allowed him to be him, a fun-loving, goofy, nerdy guy.

Thank you so much for this analysis, it makes perfect sense to me now.

FORT Newbie

Im so sad for Bevin...Hopefully Him and Tessa last a lifetime

i can't believe it, my hubby who is usually in bed by 9, is still up and waiting for the proposal.

I wonder how long these two will last?

This show doesnt have the best track record for lasting relationships and weddings ..... Tessa might find herself wishing she had been sent away in the limo instead of a proposal

Okay, Byron's proposal to Mary kicked Andy's proposal's ass.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Boot;2411475;
    Tessa, on the other hand, will disappear into Andy's background, push out a passal of kids, and find a sense of security in the prison of nomadic military-wife domesticity where in between part-time shifts as a cashier at the PX, she'll work at perfecting a recipe for pineapple-upside-down cake.
    ouch!! i TOTALLY disagree! i think both women had a lot of independence and personality. i just think tessa hid it more in front of the cameras. and i think she will challenge andy intellectually as well as in other ways. if she does end up "in the background," she will be the strength and the backbone that he will lean on. and of course the stand-up comic of the family

+ Reply to Thread