+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

May 22nd 8:00pm EST

“The Bachelor: After the Final Rose” -- Andy Baldwin appears with his fiancée, but will it be Bevin or Tessa who captured his heart? The Lieutenant will also have to face some of the bachelorettes he left brokenhearted, including the final woman he didn’t select, as well as Danielle, Amber and Stephanie T. from South Carolina, when they have the opportunity to ask Andy some hard questions and, hopefully, attempt to get closure for their relationships with him. These ladies, who had some of the closest connections with Andy, will also discuss their journeys on the show and weigh in on Andy’s happy ending. Finally, Andy and his fiancée will trace their love story during the course of the series and discuss their plans for the future, on “The Bachelor: After the Final Rose,”
    Anyone else think it is a little suspect that ATFR was not in the schedule this season until now?

Don't get me wrong, I am THRILLED that we will get to see Andy and Tessa again. It just seems weird that this was not on the ABC schedule when they knew that they had a love story.

I think that Andy had something major to do with the ATFR now being scheduled. Here's why...
    • Andy has mentioned the "editing" and not being too thrilled with it.
    • He has mentioned that Tessa & Bevin were close friends and we never got to see that.
    • I "believe" that someone posted that both Andy and Tessa were upset at the edit Bevin was getting - did I imagine this???
    • Andy and Tessa want us to see how much of their love story was edited out (Personally I saw it...but others haven't)
    • I really think this is being done to redeem Bevin

Anyway for whatever reason they decided to do this, I cannot wait

Am I crazy???? WAIT - don't answer that

Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Spoil Me;2401216;
    Anyone else think it is a little suspect that ATFR was not in the schedule this season until now?

Don't get me wrong, I am THRILLED that we will get to see Andy and Tessa again. It just seems weird that this was not on the ABC schedule when they knew that they had a love story.

I think that Andy had something major to do with the ATFR now being scheduled. Here's why...
    • Andy has mentioned the "editing" and not being too thrilled with it.
    • He has mentioned that Tessa & Bevin were close friends and we never got to see that.
    • I "believe" that someone posted that both Andy and Tessa were upset at the edit Bevin was getting - did I imagine this???
    • Andy and Tessa want us to see how much of their love story was edited out (Personally I saw it...but others haven't)
    • I really think this is being done to redeem Bevin

Anyway for whatever reason they decided to do this, I cannot wait

Am I crazy???? WAIT - don't answer that
    First, I'm not sure ABC bought the episode until they realized what a bonanza it would be, ratings wise. But there is absolutely something up their sleeves, as they bumped Boston Legal's season finale totally out of the sweeps, that's a significant event.

Your list might be spot on, I've had all those thoughts. I'll add another:

They will (as they used to do) introduce the next Bachelor(ette) in person (and it will be Danielle).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I agree, Spoil Me.

I think the only reason producers have scheduled this at the last minute, however, is that there is something in it for them. And that something is ratings. I think they see how the public has reacted to the show and I think the polls across the several boards that I have peeked at indicate that the vast majority want it to be Tessa (I'm not saying that the majority think it IS going to be Tessa, but that they want it to be.)

For that reason ABC wants to really promote this as a successful series because they finally have a winning, popular result. They've taken a beating for so long that they need to take advantage of a rare "win." And yes, I do believe that if it is Tessa that wins... or even if Bevin wins... that they need to do the right thing by redeeming the runner-up in the public's eyes.

And.... it takes a crazy to recognize a crazy.

eta: Oh, MissThaannngggg, that makes sense, too. If Bevin doesn't win she'd make a great Bachelorette. Different shoes can bring out a whole different bounce.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2401220;
    They will (as they used to do) introduce the next Bachelor(ette) in person (and it will be Danielle).
    Or BEVIN!...she'd actually be a great bachorlette

I agree that Bevin would be a great Bachelorette. Tables turned would work wonders for her. Perhaps that's part of why they are continuing to 'redeem' her.

I posted my thoughts on Danielle as Bachlorette in her thread in the Show Forums.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Oh from your mouth to god's ear if DANIELLE is the BACHELORETTE

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2401220;
    First, I'm not sure ABC bought the episode until they realized what a bonanza it would be, ratings wise. But there is absolutely something up their sleeves, as they bumped Boston Legal's season finale totally out of the sweeps, that's a significant event.

Your list might be spot on, I've had all those thoughts. I'll add another:

And going against the Idol finale is HUGE.

I think Danielle as Bachelorette would be really sweet - I never heard anyone say anything bad about her.

FORT Fogey

if it is Tessa that wins... or even if Bevin wins... that they need to do the right thing by redeeming the runner-up in the public's eyes.
    Except I don't think Tessa needs to be "redeemed". Her edit has been nothing but positive throughout the show. Bevin OTOH received a pretty brutal edit and I agree that it's possible both Andy and Tessa (since I believe Tessa is F1) would want everyone to know about the friendship with Bevin and Tessa and that they both care about her.

This is what Danielle said in her post-F3 interview which appears in the media thread. Sounds like she'd definitely consider the offer:
    ”I always said one reality show per lifetime, but people ask me, ‘What if they asked you to you to be ‘The Bachelorette’?”

That would be a little different, to be the one to choose instead of being in the field to choose from. “I wouldn’t mind being in a room with 25 amazing men.”

Posted by MissThing
    Oooh, yeah - I didn't think of that!

Posted by Broadway:
    And.... it takes a crazy to recognize a crazy.
    Hee! Thank goodness I am not alone

Posted by MizDaisy:
    Except I don't think Tessa needs to be "redeemed". Her edit has been nothing but positive throughout the show. Bevin OTOH received a pretty brutal edit and I agree that it's possible both Andy and Tessa (since I believe Tessa is F1) would want everyone to know about the friendship with Bevin and Tessa and that they both care about her
    Well said

Like most I was thrilled when I found out there was going to be an ATFR show this year.

But I wasn't so thrilled when I found out when it was going to be on.....What are they thinking??? The ratings are going to be lousy!
    Love lives forever <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 123456789101151 ... LastLast