+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 418182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2419323;
    I just let myself enjoy watching the Andy's and Tessa's discoverying their love. It was an amazing season to watch and see the friendship building and love growing to the point where Tessa finally tells Andy she loves him. Of course, Andy has been waiting for Tessa to love him.

You're so right! I think Andy's feelings were written on his face. IMO he was in love on the Cinderella date (of course I have NO idea how he was really feeling, but I've been around young men in love before and it sure looked like it to me!), and because I was new to watching a complete Bachelor show, I sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed the story. There was never any question for me!
    Last edited by Beachmom; 05-25-2007 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2419333;
    But, that is exactly what I am saying...some of us saw the love story with Andy and Bevin. Just because you may not have seen it, does not mean it was not there; likewise, just because I didn't see the A/T love story does not mean it wasn't there. These shows leave a lot of room for interpretation.

Some say the A/T love story was "clearly" there, but I question the "clearly" b/c there are a lot of people who just did not see it. It may have been "clear" to some, but definitely, not to all.
    I totally agree with you on all points. I have even re-watched some of the show to try and see the Andy and Tessa love story, but for me the Andy and Bevin love story was much more noticeable.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2419437;
    I totally agree with you on all points. I have even re-watched some of the show to try and see the Andy and Tessa love story, but for me the Andy and Bevin love story was much more noticeable.
    Try watching without the sound - watch Andy's face, his smile, his eyes when he is with Tessa - that is where the love story is. For Tessa, look at her face when she greets him for the "cinderella" date or on her hometown. When they talk, look at how they look each other right in the eyes, that is a hard, intimate thing to do with anyone. Then watch a conversation (if you can find one) between Bevin and Andy - lack of attention, not really looking at each other that much. I think the words between them can be deceiving - they are so edited, and both Bevin and Andy say whatever crap comes into their heads at the time. Tessa's words are a little more valuable since she thinks before she speaks. But really, you can see the love story between Andy and Tessa all over their faces.

FORT Fogey

You can't blame Fliess for the evil editing and then say oh I saw so much more love between B/A. That is what he wanted you to see-the drama.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

If you were editing this show, and your goal was to surprise the audience at the end, what would you do? Would you show Andy & Tessa's best moments? Would you show there being doubt between Andy & Bevin? Fleiss has a history of showing us a great "connection" between TB and F2, and giving a lot of doubts about F1. Remember Moana? Matt? Sophie? Could it be that TB always goes for the person they have the 2nd best connection with? Or is it that the show is edited that way? Hmmmm?

Don't forget - we're seeing soooo little of what goes on. Just like the previews we saw that made it look like Bevin was F1 because she was being kissed and we only saw Tessa getting a hug, the weeks leading up to the finale are misleading too.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2419517;
    You can't blame Fliess for the evil editing and then say oh I saw so much more love between B/A. That is what he wanted you to see-the drama.
    I believe I complained about the edit of Bevin's character, making her to be much more whiny that she actually was. The only time I complained about the Andy/Bevin love story was his flippant use of the phrase I love you and his final choice, other than that I think all elements of the Bevin and Andy love story were there from day one.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

JLuvs, right on the money with this comment

FORT Fogey

Well, I didn't watch every eposide but every time I tuned in I saw the T/A love story and saw that A was just physical attracted to Bevin. If the edits were negative for Bevin then wouldn't it be logical that Fliess amped up the B/A love story and downplayed the T/A love story to fuel the drama of the final rose. Why didn't they show them getting the dog tags on the home town dates. Did he call Bevin his girlfriend at the PH memorial. I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2421302;
    Well, I didn't watch every eposide but every time I tuned in I saw the T/A love story and saw that A was just physical attracted to Bevin. If the edits were negative for Bevin then wouldn't it be logical that Fliess amped up the B/A love story and downplayed the T/A love story to fuel the drama of the final rose. Why didn't they show them getting the dog tags on the home town dates. Did he call Bevin his girlfriend at the PH memorial. I don't think so.
    What I don't get is that it is often assumed that Fleiss edited "out" the physical attraction he had w/Tessa (despite the fact that he blatantly said he did not feel the "electricity" w/Tessa), but it is not possible that he edited "out" the "non-physical connection" with Bevin.

Who knows what was said about Bevin at the PH memorial...we saw less than three minutes of what was likely hours of footage. Personally, I doubt the situation presented itself, but who can say how Andy would have handled it if it were Bevin standing there instead of Tessa.

The one thing Andy has proven about himself is that he lives in the moment and does not think before spewing at the mouth, so I do not doubt that the same comment would have been made whether it were Tessa, Bevin or Danielle standing there. It was basically a "fill in the blank" moment, and Tessa just happened to be the "blank".

JMO!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2421332;
    What I don't get is that it is often assumed that Fleiss edited "out" the physical attraction he had w/Tessa (despite the fact that he blatantly said he did not feel the "electricity" w/Tessa), but it is not possible that he edited "out" the "non-physical connection" with Bevin.
    Andy actually wondered aloud and on camera whether there was anything of a "non-physical connection." So, I think it's safe to say that he had a concern about a shortage of it. There may not have been much to edit out.

+ Reply to Thread