+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3979808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I would like to see an equal opportunity bachelor. One where all the women aren't skinny, with big boobs and their hair dyed to within an inch of its life. I'd also like to see some from all walks of life. Why do they all have to be professionals and/or college educated? What? Normal women who didn't choose to further their education aren't worthy of love? I'm almost 34 and I just graduated college late this winter. I have a husband and children and I'm pretty normal. It irritates me that these guys are all looking for the 'perfect' woman. Well, sometimes the perfect woman isn't the skinniest, blondest, or the one with the highest education level.

FORT Regular

I think it would be nice to have 35-50 year olds. They are more level headed and know what they want. I think it would be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PDilly;2418241;
    I think it would be nice to have 35-50 year olds. They are more level headed and know what they want. I think it would be very interesting.
    I totally agree with that! Mary and Byron were great examples!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

There's a thread about who would make a good Bachelor/Bachelorette here.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2418202;
    I would like to see an equal opportunity bachelor. One where all the women aren't skinny, with big boobs and their hair dyed to within an inch of its life. I'd also like to see some from all walks of life. Why do they all have to be professionals and/or college educated? What? Normal women who didn't choose to further their education aren't worthy of love? I'm almost 34 and I just graduated college late this winter. I have a husband and children and I'm pretty normal. It irritates me that these guys are all looking for the 'perfect' woman. Well, sometimes the perfect woman isn't the skinniest, blondest, or the one with the highest education level.
    Very well said. I totally agree!! I am not skinny, my hair is dyed blonde but it is only a shade or two lighter than my natural color, and I work in a lowly state job, but I am single and fabulous and should get every bit of opportunity to be happy. Unfortunately in the world we live in now there is so much pressure to be thin and surgically enhanced. Even at church in the "singles" congregation it is all about being thin, young, pretty and what you are wearing instead of what is in your heart. They should have a bachelor/bachelorette that is normal (like Byron and Charlie loved them btw) but instead of getting "Malibu Barbie" x25 they should get normal women and see if love doesn't just happen like it does to us normal folks.

FORT Regular

I thought Danielle was refreshingly "normal" in every way. She is not a Barbie doll, she is not a stick figure, she is not a drama queen, she isn't high maintenance, she isn't full of herself. She is natural, genuine, with a normal career, a normal family, normal emotions, normal expectations. All of these things enhanced her beauty, I think.

I adored her. I don't think Andy's lifestyle is right for her (I think she needs someone quieter with a much lower profile), but I adored her. And I liked that Andy saw her natural goodness and "normalness" and kept her for so long to try to see if they were right for each other.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I want your thoughts.

When Andy joked about Tessa being pregnant and Tessa shoving him, I thought that scene was telling. Andy was letting the whole world know, this is my woman, body and soul, I've got her and I'm very happy about it. If you look at his face, he's like a little school boy who can't hold in the glee he feels for his woman in a physical way.

So, for all the naysayers who do not think Andy and Tessa have chemistry, I disagree. You could not fake that moment.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Schooner;2417242;
    I wasn't using the word "doctor" as an excuse for why he touches, just that he is a doctor and many (I know, not all) are caring. I have seen many doctors touch the hand of someone upset, or pat their shoulder or knee - I certainly would not say it was sexual in any way. So, my point wasn't that he does it because he is a doctor, just that "he is a doctor as well and many are caring". I think it is irrelevant - he is a touchy and caring person, we have seen that, so that is what he does when he sees someone that is clearly uncomfortable.

As far as Bevin being BF with the girls - I don't see that either. I don't expect them to trash her, but reading between the lines (their interviews with newspapers, local reporters, etc) they clearly had feelings about Bevin and her behaviour. I don't doubt they all said "let's get together, let's make plans, etc". Lots of people do that even when it is someone they are not crazy about. They shared this experience, so of course it is natural to want to get together and talk about it. I don't take that as them being crazy about her. It was clear most of the rejected girls that were interviewed preferred Tessa - there has to be a reason for that.

This whole "love" issue has become a huge white elephant. I agree with the poster who said his sentence could have gone on to say "love you - grown so close as friends, etc" or whatever. We have seen the magic of Fleiss editing. Obviously, if Bevin had the feeling on her way TO the FRC that she wasn't chosen, she had to realize and feel that Andy's love was indeed NOT the same as hers. If she felt it was, she would have gone to that FRC being sure it was her.
    These days I hear people using the "I love you" phrase when they are just saying goodby on the phone, or hugging a person goodby. It is a very used....or possibly overused.............statement . If someone is used to that sort of greeting, it is not as significant to some as to others. As for Bevin having a feeling on the way to the FRC, it is just as telling that Tessa mentioned that although she was very nervous about what might happen, she couldn't imagine that she was feeling things that Andy wasn't. And because her feelings were real and genuine, she also had the right take on Andy's. Alas, so did Bevin.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2418806;
    I want your thoughts.

When Andy joked about Tessa being pregnant and Tessa shoving him, I thought that scene was telling. Andy was letting the whole world know, this is my woman, body and soul, I've got her and I'm very happy about it. If you look at his face, he's like a little school boy who can't hold in the glee he feels for his woman in a physical way.

So, for all the naysayers who do not think Andy and Tessa have chemistry, I disagree. You could not fake that moment.
    im in high school and you wouldn't believe how many times the same one boy will joke around and say that im pregnant with his kid and me and him aren't even dating ( i have a boyfriend) so the fact that he joked and said she was pregnant doesn't mean that they have a connection it just means he's a good joker in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bevinfighter07;2418885;
    im in high school and you wouldn't believe how many times the same one boy will joke around and say that im pregnant with his kid and me and him aren't even dating ( i have a boyfriend) so the fact that he joked and said she was pregnant doesn't mean that they have a connection it just means he's a good joker in my opinion.
    With all due respect, this isn't high school. I totally agree with talldede that is was his way of saying that there was definitely physical chemistry involved and he was loving it.

+ Reply to Thread