+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 387879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2417447;
    Honestly, I am ready for a Bachelorette show too. Let's have some cute men to drool over.
    I want to see OLDER people on.. Like past sorority aged folk lol.

Season after season I say what is wrong with have the Bachelor/ette showcase men and women well over 30. Like 30s-50s. Is it because it would possibly (?) be less eye candy and less dramatic cat/dog fighting? Because let me tell you.. as women get older, we get more catty and snide .

I am in my early 30's but I would be all for people in their late 30's-50's on the show! I'd love it!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2417447;
    Honestly, I am ready for a Bachelorette show too. Let's have some cute men to drool over.
    I'm not sure I could take another season of watching 25 women in mad pursuit of one guy, I'm ready for seeing 25 shirtless guys chase one lucky woman. I probably won't be watching if it's a guy and probably would if they go with a bachelorette, but please no repeats. Although Erica would be VERY entertaining.

LG.

I think the reason that they have ordered seasons with new Bachelors but not another Bachelorette yet is that they have had plenty of trouble trying to cast 25 available guys for each of the Bachelorette seasons so far. They hang out a plaque that there is a new season of The Bachelor and ZING, tons of women send in tapes. They announce they are filming the Bachelorette *chirp, chirp, chirp* << those are crickets you can hear in the casting room<<.

I've read that they need to hire recruiters to try to find guys walking down the street and ask them if they'd be willing to go on the show for an all expense paid trip, etc. There was one dude who had been on from Minnesota (where I live) who got cut in teh first episode who was "defending" the fact that he went on teh show, claiming that he was approached while he was on vacation in California, asked to go on teh show, never applied, etc. It's harder for them to produce a show if it is so hard to get interested participants. My suggestion is to start off with 15 interested guys, as 10 get cut the first night anyway and don't really stand a chance. Or 10. Why do they need 25 anyway, other than just to show a crowd of people that we'll never actually "know" on the show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

How in the world did Bevin go home with such a broken heart and not be able to get comfort and support because she couldn't tell anyone what happened?? No wonder she is still in pain.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2417407;
    What I find interesting is that a lot of people seem more upset about him saying "I love you" than Bevin does -

in her limo ride she did not say - BUT HE TOLD ME HE LOVED ME -

I think everyone agrees that if he had not said I love you to her - that they would not feel as bad for Bevin - that is why everyone is mad at Andy

but Bevin never mentioned that - I am guessing that is b/c she understood the context in which it was said and if the rest of us had seen the whole situation - we would understand too
    Bevin would have said that if it was true. Sadly, she does not see/feel the difference between sex and love.

FORT Regular

In order for a flight from the east coast to arrive at noon in Hawaii, the flight would have had to leave NYC at 6 am, there aren't direct flights from PA to Hawaii. Even allowing for a four hour time difference, the quickest flight is over 10 hours from NYC. Surely lunch wasn't at 2 am (to allow time to NYC to catch a 6 am flight?). Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-24-2007 at 06:00 PM.

&amp;quot;SPYING&amp;quot; ButterflyFaery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2417479;
    I'm not sure I could take another season of watching 25 women in mad pursuit of one guy, I'm ready for seeing 25 shirtless guys chase one lucky woman. I probably won't be watching if it's a guy and probably would if they go with a bachelorette, but please no repeats. Although Erica would be VERY entertaining.
    OH yea...I am defintely up for 25 men...lol...and omg..Erika...I wonder how many places she would wear her tiara too...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I got the impression that Tessa was approached by The Bachelor recruiters at a half-marathon BEFORE she saw Andy's promo. When she was approached to apply for the show, I think she found it unusual at first and was very hesitant. I don't think it was until she saw Andy's promo that she contacted the recruiters and became involved in the interviewing process. Tessa spoke of this in her and Andy's teleconference.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-24-2007 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFROdeesYACK;2417921;
    I got the impression that Tessa was approached by The Bachelor recruiters at a half-marathon BEFORE she saw Andy's promo. When she was approached to apply for the show, I think she found it unusual at first and was very hesitant. I don't think it was until she saw Andy's promo that she contacted the recruiters and became involved in the interviewing process. Tessa spoke of this in her and Andy's teleconference.
    Yeah I believe you are correct AFROdeesYACK - I'll check the transcript

ETA: This is from the transcript of the teleconference:

About Tessa being recruited?
    T: I was running a half marathon. People approached me at the end of it, he’s looking for an athlete. It thought it was fun, why not, then at the end of the season they ran a promo for Andy in which he said, “where is she?” and I said, “I’m here, I’m here” so I went down to the final rounds and kind of went from there.
    Last edited by Spoil Me; 05-24-2007 at 07:42 PM.

FORT Fogey

I didn't hear the conference call, although I thought I had the sequence right. I do not doubt that Tessa was representing the events accurately; my comments were made in an effort to explain how events get confused and I think they've succeeded!!!
    Last edited by fluff; 05-24-2007 at 08:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread