+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I wasn't using the word "doctor" as an excuse for why he touches, just that he is a doctor and many (I know, not all) are caring. I have seen many doctors touch the hand of someone upset, or pat their shoulder or knee - I certainly would not say it was sexual in any way. So, my point wasn't that he does it because he is a doctor, just that "he is a doctor as well and many are caring". I think it is irrelevant - he is a touchy and caring person, we have seen that, so that is what he does when he sees someone that is clearly uncomfortable.

As far as Bevin being BF with the girls - I don't see that either. I don't expect them to trash her, but reading between the lines (their interviews with newspapers, local reporters, etc) they clearly had feelings about Bevin and her behaviour. I don't doubt they all said "let's get together, let's make plans, etc". Lots of people do that even when it is someone they are not crazy about. They shared this experience, so of course it is natural to want to get together and talk about it. I don't take that as them being crazy about her. It was clear most of the rejected girls that were interviewed preferred Tessa - there has to be a reason for that.

This whole "love" issue has become a huge white elephant. I agree with the poster who said his sentence could have gone on to say "love you - grown so close as friends, etc" or whatever. We have seen the magic of Fleiss editing. Obviously, if Bevin had the feeling on her way TO the FRC that she wasn't chosen, she had to realize and feel that Andy's love was indeed NOT the same as hers. If she felt it was, she would have gone to that FRC being sure it was her.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2416792;
    Why be angry at Andy, it's the premise of the show is to have two women to chose from at the end and ofcourse they would have feelings for him.

This show is an evil show that messes with the participants minds. Lack of sleep and isolation from the outside world coupled with the inability to be truthful with the f2 is Fleiss' way of insuring that the bachelor looks as callous as possible. In the real world Andy would have discontiniued seing Bevin and he would have been able to demonstrate that it was Tessa all along. Tessa would have felt safe in declaring her feelings for Andy and Bevin would not have been strung along. Sadly they were not in the real world they were in the pressure cooker that Fleiss created, they are now and they appear to have a great chance of building a life together in that real world.

n the real world Andy would have discontiniued seing Bevin and he would have been able to demonstrate that it was Tessa all along. Tessa would have felt safe in declaring her feelings for Andy and Bevin would not have been strung along.
    Absolutely. That's it in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Schooner;2417242;
    I wasn't using the word "doctor" as an excuse for why he touches, just that he is a doctor and many (I know, not all) are caring. I have seen many doctors touch the hand of someone upset, or pat their shoulder or knee - I certainly would not say it was sexual in any way. So, my point wasn't that he does it because he is a doctor, just that "he is a doctor as well and many are caring". I think it is irrelevant - he is a touchy and caring person, we have seen that, so that is what he does when he sees someone that is clearly uncomfortable.

As far as Bevin being BF with the girls - I don't see that either. I don't expect them to trash her, but reading between the lines (their interviews with newspapers, local reporters, etc) they clearly had feelings about Bevin and her behaviour. I don't doubt they all said "let's get together, let's make plans, etc". Lots of people do that even when it is someone they are not crazy about. They shared this experience, so of course it is natural to want to get together and talk about it. I don't take that as them being crazy about her. It was clear most of the rejected girls that were interviewed preferred Tessa - there has to be a reason for that.

This whole "love" issue has become a huge white elephant. I agree with the poster who said his sentence could have gone on to say "love you - grown so close as friends, etc" or whatever. We have seen the magic of Fleiss editing. Obviously, if Bevin had the feeling on her way TO the FRC that she wasn't chosen, she had to realize and feel that Andy's love was indeed NOT the same as hers. If she felt it was, she would have gone to that FRC being sure it was her.
    I totally agree with your post 100%. Great post!!

We should have a Bachelorette Next. It's sure has been some time since the late one. Isn't the population of the United States like 60% Women and 40% men? I am not sure but I do have a SWF daughter too. Lets have a women next time. Any race! Bevin would be Great too.

I hope Bevin will find her soulmate..
    I wish Andy and Tessa all the best.
    Last edited by cjgrice; 05-24-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: misspelled

What I find interesting is that a lot of people seem more upset about him saying "I love you" than Bevin does -

in her limo ride she did not say - BUT HE TOLD ME HE LOVED ME -

I think everyone agrees that if he had not said I love you to her - that they would not feel as bad for Bevin - that is why everyone is mad at Andy

but Bevin never mentioned that - I am guessing that is b/c she understood the context in which it was said and if the rest of us had seen the whole situation - we would understand too

Quote Originally Posted by cjgrice;2417334;
    We should have a Bachelorette Next. It's sure has been some time since the late one. Isn't the population of the United States like 60% Women and 40% men? I am not sure but I do have a SWF daughter too. Lets have a women next time. Any race! Bevin would be Great too.

I hope Bevin will find her soulmate..
    I wish Andy and Tessa all the best.
    Somewhere around here there's a post that says there have been two more seasons of the Bachelor ordered, but that there won't be a Bachelorette. But you never know when the network will reconsider…
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by cjgrice;2417334;
    Honestly, I am ready for a Bachelorette show too. Let's have some cute men to drool over.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2417447;
    Honestly, I am ready for a Bachelorette show too. Let's have some cute men to drool over.

Sounds good to me too - I'll watch it if it's someone from this show. Bring on Danielle or Tina (I still think she looked great in the "Bachelorette" segment on ATFR)

I hope they get someone who "plays the game" like Andy did. From what I've read here, the other seasons weren't like that as much.

This show is an evil show that messes with the participants minds. Lack of sleep and isolation from the outside world coupled with the inability to be truthful with the f2 is Fleiss' way of insuring that the bachelor looks as callous as possible. In the real world Andy would have discontiniued seing Bevin and he would have been able to demonstrate that it was Tessa all along. Tessa would have felt safe in declaring her feelings for Andy and Bevin would not have been strung along. Sadly they were not in the real world they were in the pressure cooker that Fleiss created, they are now and they appear to have a great chance of building a life together in that real world
    SADLY...each of these gals signed a contract with ABC and if they were smart they did their homework and had FULL knowledge of what this show was all about.

If they went into this process blindly then they get what they deserve out of this experience. I would have watch past seasons, asked MANY questions and been fully prepared for the unexpected BEFORE going on a show like this. (although I am not sure that you can be fully prepared emotionally. I have heard this time and again from "the rejected.")

I am not saying that the editing is done is such a way that you see all that is truly happening.(duh) I also have watched EVERY season and EVERY season we get the same reactions from viewers. ANGER, EXTREMELY brutal comments and then the "I will NEVER watch this show again" speech.... (very few do NOT come back to watch the next season)

I do agree that
    "in the real world Andy would have discontinued seeing Bevin and would have been able to demonstrate that it was Tessa all along"
    But this is NOT and has NEVER been how the Bachelor has operated as a show! This show is NOT the REAL WORLD!

My point is that this is the 10th season of "The Bachelor" and this is the 10th time that viewers have been happy or unhappy with the results.(which is normal when the one you are routing for does not win)

If you want the real world then this is certainly NOT the program to be a part of!!!
    Last edited by jasmar; 05-24-2007 at 03:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread