+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3676777879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 940

Thread: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #851
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2415627;
    I keep saying I am done with this conversation, and maybe I really should be, but I just cannot help it. I just don't get it...at all.
    I think I get it.

    I posted last week that if you look at the entire picture ... or at least what Fleiss shows us ... Andy, in my opinion is a caretaker type. I'm not saying that because he's a Physician, I think that's his personality type. Along comes beautiful Bevin who after catching his eye, busts her butt ankle "for him". He said on the boot camp episode that she did it for him. Bevin seems a very dependent personality to begin with, and now we have this injured waif, with a needy (to him) back-story. So he gets hooked on taking care of her because that's his personality. The chemistry skewed things and kind of fooled him into thinking it was something different. Andy's type of guy thinks he can "fix" all that troubles her and by the way, so does she. Even telling her he loved her was taking care of her because it was what she needed at the time. He even felt compelled to say it to her at the FRC. It was no different than putting a band-aid on a cut. Their connection is known in psycho-babbling circles as co-dependency.

    Tessa on the other hand is a bright social worker, who I am certain recognized the Andy/Bevin dynamic for what it was and handled the situation perfectly. Tessa during their times together helped him take care of himself instead of Bevin ... she made him smile, laugh until he got side stitches, gave him "secret sweets" Peppermint Patties and in doing so became the antithesis to his relationship with Bevin, and very importantly his respite from the care giving.

    Andy said it himself ... Tessa touched his heart more deeply. What he didn't say is she touched his heart in a different way. While Bevin's needs revealed differences, Tessa just let him be himself and revealed herself and their commonalities.

    Just my opinion and I hope looking at it this way helps.


    Quote Originally Posted by happysammy;2416060;
    Amen to that. This is the #1 question on the circuit and what on earth is Andy supposed to say? I lied to her? The producers made me do it? I wasn't sure and Bevin was pressuring me? I was drunk? There isn't an answer Andy can come up with that will please everyone, he knows that and, really, Tessa is the only person he needs to explain it to. She seems to have accepted whatever his explanation was and moved on.

    I would suspect that Tessa knew the reason, which was because Bevin needed to hear it at the time. I suspect there is no problem. Andy couldn't very well say publicly that he felt sorry for Bevin becaiuse that would be unkind and would crush her again and grind her into the ground. Andy's not that sort. In time, Bevin will see it for what it was, maybe she already does ... she's no dummy. She has said she respects his decision, and will also in time see that their "connection" was different than what it seemed.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-24-2007 at 02:19 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  2. #852
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2417090;
    Tessa knew the reason, which was because Bevin needed to hear it at the time.
    ITA. Bevin showed herself to be clingy, needy, and physically assertive. We only saw a tiny part of the conversation they had. For all we know Bevin said I love you 30 times, baiting him to say it back and he finally said it to shut her up. For all we know the rest of his paragraph was "I love you too Bev, you're a great gal, it's been fun getting to know you and becoming your friend, regardless of what happens tomorrow any man would be lucky to have you." We have no idea what else they talked about but apparently it was enough that Bevin knew when she stepped into the limo it wasn't going to be her. She would hardly have felt that way if he had spent the evening professing undying love. Bevin didn't say she knew it wasn't her because it was too early in the day for the FRC, she said it was intuition. Otherwise known as "finally figuring it out". She probably knew quite clearly that his I love you was not the same as hers. Which is exactly what he has been saying.

  3. #853
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    666

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;2414880;
    That is indeed the question I was referring to, although my take on the answer is just the opposite--I could see Andy's anger, not his playfulness, and he brought the question out there rather than dismiss it.

    I understand She-ra's defense of her good friend being a good person and her point that editing had occurred during this whole exchange. However, I still maintain my assessment. Bevin said a lot through not talking and through her body language. It was clear that Chris and the audience wouldn't let the question go--and that begs the question of why; perhaps they thought she ought to be called on it?--and at first I was bothered by the questioning, but once I heard Andy's answer, I'm glad the question was persistently raised.

    I don't buy that Andy was bringing the question out there just to save Bevin from the further anguish of having to answer it. Again, this is not all about Bevin, though there were certain signs in Tahoe and elsewhere that indicated Bevin's need to focus attention on herself. I truly believe Andy wanted to reiterate that the reason Bevin didn't get the final rose is because he loves Tessa. He was able to shift the spotlight from Bevin to whom it belongs, Tessa.

    I was satisfied, finally, at the ATFR.
    I have pages more of posts to read but just have to say - bamabrain, what a terrifically astute reading of what was really going on and I totally agree with what you say.

  4. #854
    FORT Regular The Matchmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    108

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I am very disappointed in the AFTR program. Chris's questions exploited Bevin's 'rejection'. I would have liked the focus to be on how the show had a positive impact on the bachelorettes that were not chosen.

    IMHO this was the finest group of women yet.

    After watching DWTS for the first time and what a happy show that was I am thinking that I don't want to get so invested in a tv program that makes me sad. Tessa's happiness for me was overshadowed by Danielle and Bevin's sadness.

  5. #855
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by DoodleBug;2416801;
    As a manager for a group of doctors, it is my opinion that Andy being a doctor does not account of his "ahem" touching. I would bet my bottom dollar that he couldn't make all those rubs, pats, etc. with patients to demonstrate his caring. He would lose his license in a New York minute and my docs would have his scalp or head on a platter. Too much "physical contact" can also mislead patients....oh, he likes me and next thing you know he faced with making "sexual advances." Andy needs to learn for is appropriate and what is not. Fleiss did a great job of slicing and dicing, but Andy gave him the material to work with as did not the participants.
    What kind of world are we living in where patting a leg is considered "making sexual advances"????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  6. #856
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2417199;
    What kind of world are we living in where patting a leg is considered "making sexual advances"????
    In a professional situation such as a doctor patient relationship I could see it, but good lord he dated these women. I'm sure there are women that I have dated that if I sat down with them now to talk a little pat on the leg would be okay. I can also think of a couple that would probably deck me.

  7. #857
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    123

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by DoodleBug;2416996;
    Military is now equal opportunity employer and male doctors treat female patients...private orthopedic doc
    He works primarily with a deep sea team. He called them his "guys" several times. There may be a female or two, but they are primarily men.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-24-2007 at 05:54 PM.

  8. #858
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    123

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by She-ra;2417014;
    he gave her a watch
    she gave him a watch
    the message was not for time to stand still but rather "until the end of time"--listen closely!
    Not for me. Sorry.

  9. #859
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    123

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;2417028;
    I mentiioned many mons ago seeing tensiion between Danielle & Bevin. You can see it in the show on various episodes. Danielle was very often in the thick of things with Nicole Amanda & the other Stephanie Dissing Bevin. Because of Danielles loss it was never taken into consideration.
    Danielle made her comment in her interview about Bevin also. If you watch you will see all three girls when Bevin comes out stretching there necks to see Bevin. I think Chris commenting about the fact that Bevin actually does have an injury was as much for our benifit as it was the girls. Note Bevin did not go to sit with them afterwards she left the stage & went back to greenroom.
    When Bevin & Andy were out on the deck do you remember Bevin commenting that when she walked back in with Andy there was a coolness in the air. If you watch you will see even Andy was uncomfortable with that & was rubbing Bevins back. That is when you hear Bevin say she wanted to be done with the other women.
    I do think Bevin took some heat from those girls that was never aired. Interesting that we never saw or heard if the girls said anything to Bevin on the ATRC.
    I did finally see Danielle feeling some of Bevins pain & her own when Bevin was talking.
    I think many have a different understanding of Bevin now & that is wonderful.
    this si not a group that will all be buddies though .
    I think Danielle is an awesome girl just as Bevin is but personalities do collide & this is one of them in my opinion.
    I am pleased we didn't seee cat fights but honestly you know they were there.
    ITA. I was addressing Shera's comments that they were best buds now. Not with Danielle she's not. I saw Danielle's face. I heard Danielle's words. That was not BFF talk.

  10. #860
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    123

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2417090;
    I


    I would suspect that Tessa knew the reason, which was because Bevin needed to hear it at the time. I suspect there is no problem. Andy couldn't very well say publicly that he felt sorry for Bevin becaiuse that would be unkind and would crush her again and grind her into the ground. Andy's not that sort. In time, Bevin will see it for what it was, maybe she already does ... she's no dummy. She has said she respects his decision, and will also in time see that their "connection" was different than what it seemed.
    I agree. Andy probably did have too much to drink, but you could tell he was uncomfortable in that last scene with Bevin. That's when I began to develop some hope for Tessa. Andy couldn't come out in the media and ATFR and say I felt sorry for the girl and didn't know what to say. His I love you to Bevin seemed strained to me, His I love you to Tessa was full of happiness and joy. Maybe that's why Bevin didn't want to hear at the ATFR, maybe she already knows it was from pity.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.