+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Schooner;2401357;
    Sorry, but I don't see them having Bevin as a Bachelorette. They have always chosen people in the past that most of the viewing audience LOVED, but didn't get picked (Bob, Meredith, Trista, etc). Most of the viewing audience don't love Bevin. I would say most tv viewers, without reading boards or anything else, really like Danielle.

If any of these girls are chosen to do it, my money would be on Danielle.

To be honest, I would not watch Bevin. Once a person annoys you and you are turned off, you have zero interest in watching, redemption or not.
    OK, I didn't actually see the first bachelor show, but I heard enough negative talk about Trista to last a lifetime. They talked about they could NOT stand to hear her voice, and they said she was definitely "high" maintenance. So if Trista could pull of the best show to date, it's very possible that Bevin could do the same.

I guess the real question is: Are they redemming Bevin because Andy feels responsible for her bad rep or is it because she is the chosen one & the editing went too far? I can't wait to find out.

ETA: If Tessa is F1 she may have wanted this for her friend. If you look at the F3 RC, she & Bevin really smiled at each other when Bevin walks in. She smiled a little at Danielle but you can see her teeth in the Bevin smile. Must have been hard for both of them.
    Last edited by koolangel; 05-18-2007 at 11:33 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2401410;
    So, maybe they are announcing Tessa as the next bachelorette, since she is so loved!!!!

She is not available for that show, she will be Mrs. Andy Baldwin by then!

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2401455;
    I dont' see the serious redeeming. I can remember watching Bevin and Andy on the couch the very first time and I was seeing a serious connection. Maybe they did that edit to throw the viewer off, and it backfired.
    Momsunshine, ITA with you. Andy stated in earlier preshow interviews that the connection between him and his chosen was soooo strong and obvious that he didn't know how ABC was going to hide it. My guess is that they didn't hide the connection, they decided to cast doubt on it instead. And, it has backfired on them big time, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2401520;
    Momsunshine, ITA with you. Andy stated in earlier preshow interviews that the connection between him and his chosen was soooo strong and obvious that he didn't know how ABC was going to hide it. My guess is that they didn't hide the connection, they decided to cast doubt on it instead. And, it has backfired on them big time, imo.
    I was seeing that from early on. I saw their obvious connection right away and then all of a sudden, poof! She's getting a different edit. I guess the reason they thought they had to go so far with the bad edit was to counter how obvious their connection really was.

The ATFR was hastily scheduled because:

Tessa is the winner and because she is the fans favorite, ABC wants to highlight the happy couple. A goodwill gesture if you will.

Bevin is the winner and ABC wants to show the fans how happy she makes Andy and hopefully, all will be forgiven.

Take your pick!

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2401455;
    I dont' see the serious redeeming. I can remember watching Bevin and Andy on the couch the very first time and I was seeing a serious connection. Maybe they did that edit to throw the viewer off, and it backfired.

But look at his first time with Tessa. Look at his body language and his eyes. He's definitely intrigued!

Tessa: "I feel a connection with Andy because. . .I don't know, I just do!"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2401591;
    The ATFR was hastily scheduled because:

Tessa is the winner and because she is the fans favorite, ABC wants to highlight the happy couple. A goodwill gesture if you will.

Bevin is the winner and ABC wants to show the fans how happy she makes Andy and hopefully, all will be forgiven.

Take your pick!
    you should probably also add this one to the list:

No matter who "won" the final rose, ABC would rather pit an AFTR special up against the American Idol finale because they are less concerned with the ratings for the Bachelor than the season finale of Boston Legal.
    Last edited by sparkyanna; 05-18-2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2401231;
    I agree that Bevin would be a great Bachelorette. Tables turned would work wonders for her. Perhaps that's part of why they are continuing to 'redeem' her.

I posted my thoughts on Danielle as Bachlorette in her thread in the Show Forums.
    I totally agree. Trista Anyone? Bevin played "the game" a lot like Trista did, and Trista was the best bachelorette that ABC had. I am a Tessa fan and hope she wins Andy's love. As to Bevin, I don't think she is as bad as they edited her to be and if she is doing the choosing than she can temper some of the competitiveness and her true personality will shine. Tessa if she is runner up would be a good bachette as well as Danielle. I do think it is time for Bachette season.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

There is not a chance in Hades that Tessa would do the Bachelorette. She was not comfortable with this entire process, nope, can't see it.

But, it's a moot point, she is Andy's girl now!

+ Reply to Thread