+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

Or there was more interest and better ratings this season?

The Bachelor:After the Final Rose
    The Bachelor:After the Final Rose
    Be there as the season ends with the reunion special!

This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of an intimate audience and see who gets the final rose and congratulate the happy couple before the show airs for the rest of the world! Throughout the taping we'll be bringing back cast members from this season. If you are a Bachelor fan this is not an event to miss!

For more information on this program, you can visit the network website at The Bachelor:After the Final Rose.

Victory Studios
    1840 S. Victory Blvd.
    Glendale, Ca. 91201

Mon May 21, 2007 9:00 AM
    (Listings are updated daily)

I want that audience packed with FORTers.

FORT Fan

Hmmmm. I wonder if they will be making people check their cell phones? Seems like there may be some leaks tomorrow?

Thanks for posting that!

I'm sure there will be confidentiality agreements to sign.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2405472;
    It's difficult for me to believe that ABC would rearrange their finale week of May sweeps for someone to defend themselves regarding some gossip item in a tabloid paper.

But, there's a lot of stuff that's difficult for me to believe .
    I go with the MONEY factor. Pardon me if I am repeating something. I just got up. But, no way is ABC going to donate an hour of primetime real estate during May sweeps to a Bevin "love story" just to try to redeem her or to give Andy a chance to explain his choice. Right now Tessa is ahead in most polls by 3 to 1. You don't hitch your money star to a 30 some % horse. Just how many Tessa supporters do you would be turning out to watch America's sweetheart on Tuesday after seeing her rejected and in tears just 24 hours previous. Nope, I have to forget all the signs that can be manipulated............the sunset, the shadows, the facial expressions, the wind, etc, and go with the only thing ABC really cares about, MONEY. If they hadn't seen the tremendous outpouring of interest in Tessa and Andy, they would not have a show on Tues. I for one will still be sweeping up the glass in the tv corner of the room!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by iluvkauai;2404784;
    WHY is Bevin's edit so bad? I don't have anything against Bevin. In fact, I think that shot of her saying that she is in love with Andy and that little squeal is adorable. But did they have better stuff to air of Bevin and they chose not to? And if so, why not?
    My question is: *Is* her edit all that bad? I don't see that she's done any bad or underhanded things or been a bitch or a liar (well, that fib about never bringing another boy to the waterfall, I suppose, but she didn't actually *say* that.)

To me, she's been shown as a bit of a melancholy person, because she probably is a bit of a melancholy person -- nothing bad about that; it's just one of many personality types. And she's been shown craving time with Andy. But they all crave time with Andy; her only difference is that she talks about it in her sort of sad, melancholy voice -- because she craves it so much -- and I guess that grates on people or something.

Other than her being a little more on the melancholy side than most others, I can't even figure out what the "bad" edit is, and I'm a Tessa fan. Despite liking Tessa more, though, I like Bevin, too, and I don't really see what anybody would need to redeem her from, frankly. I've seen *all* the women in their various ways say that they really really really really need time with Andy -- seems to me that it must be her more melancholic/sad way of saying it gets people's goats or something, but I really don't get that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maxnsam;2406092;
    The ATFR show being added at the last minute is very strange. Moving DWTS at the last minute....Why would ABC change the schedule at the last minute like this? Is AFTR live or taped?

I know it's ratings but it's still very strange.....it's almost like they feel the need to explain why Andy chose who he did.
    Seriously, think about the producers and advertisers of this show. Do you really think they care one whit about anybody who's on the show or ever has been on it, or that would *ever* be their motivation for doing anything??!! If they cared, they wouldn't warp people out of all recognition with the editing in the first place or show drama and indecision instead of a love story in seasons like Meredith/Ian, etc., etc.,

What they *do* see is that the ratings for the previously undefeatable American Idol have been steadily dropping dropping dropping this season, and if they put on an AFTR with popular stars and a promise of a little drama they have a chance of putting a further dent in those ratings. Money money money.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2406200;
    What they *do* see is that the ratings for the previously undefeatable American Idol have been steadily dropping dropping dropping this season, and if they put on an AFTR with popular stars and a promise of a little drama they have a chance of putting a further dent in those ratings. Money money money.
    And many people are upset about Melinda being eliminated last week. I know I was and I have no desire to watch the AI finale now. This is much more interesting to me.

FORT Fan

Put me in the camp that believes that this has been scheduled since it appears that the AI finale has less interest than their previous finales.

+ Reply to Thread