+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 940

Thread: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! & 5/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #121
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by winniechloe;2404285;
    Ratings, Ratings, Ratings,. I think they found out many women in the 20-60
    range are watching the bachelor. They couldn't find a better show to put up
    against AI. Hoping it would be a good lead into DWTS.

    Plus, if it were last year this time, they probably wouldn't have had much chance of actually beating the AI final, given the level of interest in those contestants and how last season's AI ratings built as the season went on. This year, though, AI's ratings are, if anything, dropping as the season progresses, so I'll be they think that they have a shot of beating AI for that hour, with not just an ATFR but an ATFR/WTA combination. And they'd love love love to do that, given how long AI has been the top show. AI is vulnerable now, so ABC is going to try to go for the jugular and snag those ad dollars.

  2. #122
    Premium Member pajamasam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,696

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    The only way to beat the ratings is if they actually have Byron and Mary's wedding on opposite.

  3. #123
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    256

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2404727;
    Plus, if it were last year this time, they probably wouldn't have had much chance of actually beating the AI final, given the level of interest in those contestants and how last season's AI ratings built as the season went on. This year, though, AI's ratings are, if anything, dropping as the season progresses, so I'll be they think that they have a shot of beating AI for that hour, with not just an ATFR but an ATFR/WTA combination. And they'd love love love to do that, given how long AI has been the top show. AI is vulnerable now, so ABC is going to try to go for the jugular and snag those ad dollars.
    I cancelled my season pass for AI as soon as Melinda left. Who cares now? Between that and Yaoman not winning Survivor, and Charla loosing AR it's been a rough reality year for me. Tessa's gonna save me from total defeat.

  4. #124
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by Di24;2404757;
    I cancelled my season pass for AI as soon as Melinda left. Who cares now? Between that and Yaoman not winning Survivor, and Charla loosing AR it's been a rough reality year for me. Tessa's gonna save me from total defeat.
    Me too, me too - maybe they put up ATFR when they saw Melinda bumped of AI!

  5. #125
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2404732;
    The only way to beat the ratings is if they actually have Byron and Mary's wedding on opposite.

    I don't know. People have been steadily losing interest in Idol and the ratings have been dropping all season, show to show, I think. Seems to me that they at least have reason to imagine they have a shot this time, as they wouldn't have in the least in the past, with Tessa and Andy being as popular as they are, and if on Monday they promise some extra drama and surprises. ... I've actually heard two long-time Idol fans say that they're so bored with this season that they'll be watching ATFR instead. Not that two means much, but these people have long been much bigger Idol fans than Bachelors fans. They can at least put an extra dent in the Idol ratings, I think.

  6. #126
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    30

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyanna;2404614;
    i know that bevin received a bad edit, but i have to say that i still don't get the idea she's catty and immature. this whole process is catty and immature, but her heart was really invested in it. i can understand how andy and tessa might be upset with bevin's edit, because she did have some bad moments, but honestly i think most of us still think bevin's a great girl and deserves to be happy and in love.

    does anyone agree with me on that??
    This is one of the big questions that I still have and am not understanding. (hey, I'm new at this sleuthing thing ).

    WHY is Bevin's edit so bad? I don't have anything against Bevin. In fact, I think that shot of her saying that she is in love with Andy and that little squeal is adorable. But did they have better stuff to air of Bevin and they chose not to? And if so, why not?

    Or with Tessa, did she also have "Bevin type moments and meltdowns" that they decided not to show? It just seems so lopsided to me, that it makes me think: It is what it is, because that's all there was.

    Bevin's passive agressive Tahoe thing, and the conversation with Amber that I thought was really mean. Hellooooo? What are you thinking?? There's a camera there in your face, this is being recorded for national TV!! Odd behavior. That's all I'm sayin!

    I am rooting for Tessa, but I hope this AFTR gives Bevin a chance to redeem herself for the world (or give the editors a piece of her mind!)
    Last edited by iluvkauai; 05-19-2007 at 04:21 PM.

  7. #127
    ~Hopeless Romantic~ Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    543

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    It was added because the May ratings sweeps were so high. It is the same reason the Bachelor is coming back this fall. See the link in my sig.
    Romantic Skeptic!

  8. #128
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Posts
    2

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    Been lurking forever, so thought I might give my opinion, for what it is worth.... Maybe Andy wanted the "After the Final Rose" because of the New York Post Page Six about Tessa. Maybe he wanted her to be able to defend herself.

  9. #129
    Shoveling the ocean MissThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Camp Quicherbichen
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by EXPO2002;2405429;
    Been lurking forever, so thought I might give my opinion, for what it is worth.... Maybe Andy wanted the "After the Final Rose" because of the New York Post Page Six about Tessa. Maybe he wanted her to be able to defend herself.

    It's difficult for me to believe that ABC would rearrange their finale week of May sweeps for someone to defend themselves regarding some gossip item in a tabloid paper.

    But, there's a lot of stuff that's difficult for me to believe .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

  10. #130
    FORT Fogey cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: ATFR - Operation Redemption?!?! ***SPOILERS***

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2404732;
    The only way to beat the ratings is if they actually have Byron and Mary's wedding on opposite.
    You crack me up!!!! But seriously - I WOULD not want to make that decision!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.