+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Impression Rose....cursed?

Re: 1st Impression Rose....cursed?

Meredith gave the first impression rose to Rick, the slipper sneaker guy.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

And in Jen's season, her two best friends, who were disguised as waitresses serving drinks, got to give the first impression rose and offered it to Keith. The guy she had ZERO chemistry with...

I think the first impression rose is completely useless. It always gets awarded based on looks mostly and we all know looks can be deceiving which is why this rose always fails and the first impression rose receivers always end up getting eliminated later on.

I've never felt that the first impression rose was ever really awarded to the person to whom the bachelor/ette was most attracted. imo, there is no way that Meredith was most attracted to Rick. She had to have met Ian and thought "whoa" right away. Either they're told by tptb who gets to rose or it's someone who is approachable and outgoing, but not someone they're afraid of looking too eager about. That's always been my take.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2423765;
    I've never felt that the first impression rose was ever really awarded to the person to whom the bachelor/ette was most attracted. imo, there is no way that Meredith was most attracted to Rick. She had to have met Ian and thought "whoa" right away. Either they're told by tptb who gets to rose or it's someone who is approachable and outgoing, but not someone they're afraid of looking too eager about. That's always been my take.
    I would bet cash money that Trish Trash was exactly what Jesse Palmer was most attracted to.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2423977;
    I would bet cash money that Trish Trash was exactly what Jesse Palmer was most attracted to.
    Jesse is a whole other story, one that I don't wish to re-read, lol. What a wasted season. I do agree about Trish being exactly what Jesse was really looking for, but then he had NO intention of forming a lasting relationship. I was thinking that when the "zing" really happened, as a potential SERIOUS relationship partner, that this individual would not be chosen for the first impression rose. My thought was just that it would show too much interest in that person right from the get go, not to mention giving away the ending. I just can't imagine that Ross the slipper guy was honestly the one that Meredith was most attracted to, but who knows. Has the first impression rose EVERY been given to the f1? I would think that if the bach/ette really gave it to the person who most interested the bach/ette that once in a while we see the f1 getting the first impression rose.

Well, there is only a 1/25 chance of the 1st impression rose being given to the F1. And, it is only based on a few minutes/hours of spending time with that person. I wouldn't say it is cursed as much as it is just silly.

And, usually the 1st impression rose gives that person a false sense of confidence, which usually just comes back to bite them in the you know what.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12