+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2391768;
    Which ever way it turns out I will root for the happy couple but I am nervous about the results as I am sure many others are as well who have a favorite.
    This is a good way of putting it. Personally, I am very much rooting for Bevin, and will be very sad if she isn't F1, but if he picks Tessa, I will still be happy for him, as he seems like a genuinely good guy and he should be with the one he sees the most potential with.
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

FORT Fanatic

Agreed 100%. There are only THREE winners in this show...Andy and his bride to be and Mike Fleiss. ONLY they know the end result. The rest of us are mere spectators who have favorites and are doing all that we can to read what we want into the clues that Fleiss throws at us.

None of our speculation will change a thing and it's already happened so it's too late for that anyway.

Good luck to all of them..they stuck their necks out in public and some will suffer as a result...I am not going to trash anyone because I would NEVER have the guts to do what they did...

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I really like Bevin. She has a big heart, and an enthusiastic zest for life. Therefore, I hope Andy picks Tessa, because he'd suck the life right out of poor Bevin. She'll end up just like Paula Prentiss, in 'The Stepford Wives', and if you saw that movie, you'll remember how heartbreakingly sad that was. After last night's show, I think Andy and Tessa are a match made in stiff as a board heaven.

If Andy chooses Bevin, I may have to start a "Free Bevin" campaign, because I like her that much.

FORT Fogey

Well I think it will be Tessa. From past bachelors shows, the final two almost always come down to the two- the one that they are falling in love with and the one that they are sexually attracted too. They almost always pick the one they are falling in love with. Falling in love is harder to see on film as oppose to sexual attraction. And of all the girls, Andy only had one bad comment toward Bevin saying they are totally different and she is more liberal than him. I think that will play alot especially if he is planning on asking someone to be his wife. Core shared values are neccessary especially for a military officer.

FORT Regular

I said on another thread that I think his sister's statement on The View that he picked the one the family liked prooves Tessa is the winner. His conservative, Christian family would never want people from the Bahai faith influencing their grandchildren. Bahai followers are wonderful, kind and compassionate people but defintely do not share Christian beliefs which are so critical to Christians.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nessie;2392854;
    I said on another thread that I think his sister's statement on The View that he picked the one the family liked prooves Tessa is the winner. His conservative, Christian family would never want people from the Bahai faith influencing their grandchildren. Bahai followers are wonderful, kind and compassionate people but defintely do not share Christian beliefs which are so critical to Christians.
    I think that depends on what brand of conservative Christian Andy's family believes in. If they buy in to the "anyone who does not beleive what I beleive is going to hell" approach, then I think you're absolutely right. On the other hand, if they believe in the "family matters more than anything, and the happiness and love of my family trumps everything" brand, then a woman who makes Andy happy and truly loves him would be more important than her religious upbringing. I have a good friend who grew up in what could not be classified as anything but a conservative Christian family. Her husband is Jewish. They welcomed him with open arms and have adored him from the moment they met him, because his loving their daughter and her being happy is a more important value to them than an expectation that everyone accepts Jesus as their lord and savior.

FORT Fogey

Kudos to you Veruka. Most most people with traditional views or traditional religious christian views marry those who are most similiar to them. Traditional Jews marries other traditional Jews for an example. I don't belong to one domination but the key to Andy is that he said Bevin was more liberal than him. He has never made a comment about Tessa on any level that they were dissimilar. Based on what we know of Andy, he comes from a very close knit family who share traditional Christain values. He is an ambitious and analytical man who serve in the military. Just on what he has presented, he is conversative and probably won't pick Bevin because they don't share the same values. I don't know what Bevin said to make him think she was liberal but it is what it is.

I think that Andy's choice has now been made easy. If Andy chooses Bevin the navy should take a good look at the oxygen mixture it is using for its divers, because Andy's brain has been clouded. I know that he seems to get along really well with Bevin (I am avoiding any form of the word connected), but his life will be hell with all her whining and insecurities. Also, although I don't think that Bevin's being divorced is a big deal, Andy seems to think it means a lot. He will always be questioning her ability to commit.
    Finally, I just think that Tessa would be more fun to be around in the long term.
    I'm disappointed that Andy hasn't brought Sarge back. I would have preferred Andy having a heart to heart with Sarge than the friend he brought in.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by William13;2393082;
    But his life will be hell with all her whining and insecurities. Also, although I don't think that Bevin's being divorced is a big deal, Andy seems to think it means a lot. He will always be questioning her ability to commit.
    I still say there's no way to judge the entire range of someone's personality from a few moments on reality TV. She seems like a great girl to me.
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

FORT Newbie

My favorite is Tessa. I just like her personality the best. Did anyone catch in the vo last nite when Andy & Tessa were on the memorial, that he said she was a social worker for children. That's the first time I'd heard that.

+ Reply to Thread