+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor 5/07/07 Recap: Dandy, The Other White Meat For Grilling

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: The Bachelor 5/07/07 Recap: Dandy, The Other White Meat For Grilling

Excellent Roses! The photo captions are hysterical!

I must be immune because I have a neighbor with a new puppy as I now know I am the only one who missed the dog peeing on the carpet ! I still think the dog must have been trying to mark territory but it's too little !

roses ... everything about this recap is as always, your irresistibly clever outlook/insight and oh so funny fare ! Thank you !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Oh my gosh, that's funny. Note to self: do not read Roseskid's reaps with a mouthful of chocolate. Hee hee hee.

Those Saleen and polygamy captions are hilarious. And the x-rated whacking? I confess, I snorted.

The electric current at the waterfall is a riot too.

Nope, Dandy's not the first boy at the waterfall. I wonder if the names "Dandy" and "Daddy" are similar enough that Bevin might find them also emotionally interchangeable. Ya think?

LOL about the Hollywood noses.

Like you, I was very sad for Amber. Too funny re the roommate conversation though.

Great job! Thanks!
    Last edited by itsyourmom; 05-09-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

FORT Newbie

Great recap as usual! Did anybody else notice that Andy started clearing the table at Tessa's house while the poor girl was still eating? She had a plateful of food, and was obviously still eating - and there went Andy, taking everyone's plates away!

Perhaps that passes for good manners in the Navy? Or was Andy - just maybe! - desperate to escape interrogation by Tessa's friend from Denver? ;-)

- Alan -

I think he was just so anxious to get away from the questioning, it was a good excuse to hide in another room.

FORT Fogey

Oh wow, that was great! I left in some of my favorites:

They run to each other, she hops into his arms, and he says he’s in “heaven with Bevin.” He looks tired, and I’m guessing he was up all night working on that quip. (You're probably right LOL)

I’m freaking out because they mention they can feel the mist from the falls, so naturally I’m concerned about that electric current that they’re always yapping about.

They settle down to a picnic including the requisite glasses of wine, and as Dandy chomps away, she cautiously begins telling him that everyone has a past, and she was once a teenager. *gasp* (I cracked up when Bevin said this. She waited a little too long with that pause!)

He says she’s the most mature of all the women - excuse me while I pick myself up from the floor - yeah she’s mature, Dandy, if you describe maturity as crying at the drop of a hat and pouting when feeling ignored. LOL

He invites Dandy to “take a whack at it” and for a moment I think tonight’s show is moving on to an X rating. (me too LOL)

They sit around the living room talking about their dating adventures when Dandy mentions he watched Tessa try on dresses. Dad immediately picks up on this comment and says, “what do you mean you watched her try on dresses!” Ha. Everyone laughs as Dandy explains well, no, he waited outside the dressing room. All I’ve got to say is it’s a good thing this didn’t happen with the dad who had a fondness for rifles from one of the previous seasons, remember him? (seriously!)

Once again, no answer, then Mom wonders where he would take all of them on the honeymoon. I think she’s kidding, but Tessa’s had enough and grabs the bottle of wine to distract everyone. (I laughed when she did that)

He says he’s a diver as well but she doesn’t know what that means. Um, okay. He tries to explain it more clearly but I don’t think he’s getting through to her.

As if to prove this statement wrong, the camera cuts to Amber and her roommate in another room, and the conversation is this...honest:

Roommate: I really like him.
    Amber: Like, I like him a lot, like it’s where it’s scary-like him.
    Roommate: He looks like he really likes you.
    (LOL!)

Who can blame Amber with the horror she’s just experienced, and perhaps Bevin isn’t getting much sleep due to drawing hearts in her diary all night. (I wouldn't be surprised it she was )

She approaches Dandy to walk her out, and something was obviously edited out because Bevin and Danielle exchange a weird look between them and Tessa stares numbingly at the floor. (That part was really weird)

Well done!!!!! When I saw Bevin's dad I noticed the same nose too, but missed the mom's. Also, I agree totally that Bevin was "I guess so" lying when she said he was the first boy she brought to the falls. I wondered what about the first hubby?

You are a great talent. I hope you write professionally because your humor needs to be shared.

As they’re talking, Bevin raises her pantleg to show her ankle, and the family gasps at the sight. The camera doesn’t pan down, and I’m no Bevin fan, but in her defense, the family’s reaction tells me it must still look pretty ghastly.
    I guess I'm more cynical than you, but I think that it is just as likely that the family looked down and were shocked that the ankle looked normal. With the fuss that Bevin made they were probably expecting a bloody stump.
    I think that watching this show has stunted my mental processes. Each time Dandy visited another of his special ladies I had a song running through my head: Steven Stills "Love the One You're With". It seems to me that if the decision is that difficult to make then Dandy is not ready to make the decision. Do they have a clause about the first runner-up replacing the winner if the winner is unable to fulfill her duties during the next year? I guess that I am ready to stand in for Mr. Obvious should he ever be unavailable.
    I have made my decision though: Your recaps for this show just keep on getting better.
    I am sitting here trying to think of what to write, but I am still laughing at the picture your captions and your comments about Hallmark moments. I can't help wondering what Dandy's hand is doing in the polygamy photo.
    Please keep us informed as whether you can convince Mr. Rose to belly-dance.
    Your empathy for Amber almost had me suggesting that they get her back for a series of the Bachelorette, but I doubt that she could ever find someone good enough for her on such a show.
    Thanks again for making the show so entertaining.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

...and perhaps Bevin isn’t getting much sleep due to drawing hearts in her diary all night.
    OK, that made me laugh out loud! Another brilliant dissection of what really went on.

Dandy tells auntie he’s ready to settle down and have a “little Dandy” - I’m willing to bet he already has a little Dandy, and I wait for auntie to point that out, heheh, but Auntie has more class than me, and lets it slide.
    Classic! Once again...a superb recap!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast