+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Love ... With Winning.

my dog asks, "Got Milk?" MidwestMama's Avatar

Re: In Love ... With Winning.

I think it would be very easy for the winner to second-guess herself when she finally gets back to her real life. Esp. after you watch the episodes and hear the buzz about you and him. It's one thing to find a man very attractive on every level, and another to feel that "magical, forever safe, this is meant to be, I can't imagine it getting any better than this, we've got a groove thing" lovin' feeling. It has to be mutual and equally strong on both sides.

That's one reason why I was so impressed by his heartfelt admission to Tessa, "Where did you come from?" and "My heart is full when I'm with you." I hope whoever he chose truly feels the same. I never thought I'd see love really happen on this show, so I never watched much. From the buzz I'm hearing, this season, when compared to previous ones, is nothing short of amazing!

I think there's more to Andy than we're seeing. He's got a real old-fashioned politeness and carefulness in public which I find refreshing. Reminds me of my DH. It may be dull on TV, but TPTB don't trust us with anything of depth, so they edit it out. When I watched his interview on the View, I thought he came across better, a little more with it and smart. I have to watch it again....
    Last edited by MidwestMama; 05-02-2007 at 10:20 PM.

my dog asks, "Got Milk?" MidwestMama's Avatar

When Tina said this might be the biggest regret of her life, I knew that this process can seriously mess with a good mind.

Moana posted a myspace response that she approved for posting here at the FORT that touches this very subject . I'll try to find it. Yup - from the editing thread in spoilers section .
    I personally view the situation of course from my perspective, which I am sure may perhaps be flawed or swayed by my personal experiences. However, considering that I also know many of the other girls who have gone through the same process, with the same intentions as myself ; which were: “trip to Paris/Rome-girls, fun, free, whynot? Wait- can we skip the whole guy part? Uh- oh, ok, so the guy’s great- super, now it’s on TV- wait, that’s not how it happened!” I feel that I might be representing the honest majority of the girls who have been on the show.
    I guess some of them just get "caught up" in it .
    Last edited by pajamasam; 05-02-2007 at 11:01 PM.

When Jen and Jerry had the big fight on their overnight date, it was based on this very subject. She basically asked him if he really like her for who she is or does he like her because she is the bachelorette and she is the one he is supposed to like. Jerry went ballistic. That man is cute even when he is angry. He was so much fun to look at. Anyhoo, Andy seems like a decent guy, but he isn't strikingly handsome. I am willing to bet if he wasn't the bachelor most of those ladies wouldn't give him a second glance.

Oh I think he's strikingly handsome much of the time. Like here:

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Raising my hand for handsome, he's got the look I love and the personality. Dorky, smart and genuine! I love that in a man!!!

This season's concept has all of them thinking about love lifting them up where they belong, and being carried off in the arms of the "Officer and a Gentleman". Richard Gere he isn't ... but still ...
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2364580;
    Anyhoo, Andy seems like a decent guy, but he isn't strikingly handsome. I am willing to bet if he wasn't the bachelor most of those ladies wouldn't give him a second glance.
    I think a quick look at his past girlfriends, whose names and websites have been cited in various threads, show the flaw in this thinking. They were absolutely, drop dead gorgeous, so I think that most women would give our Lt. Baldwin a second glance!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I like Andy, but he's very driven and I suspect that's hard to live with. I know I'm a bear in triathlon season and I could care less where I end up in the pack. He likes to win. Does anyone know if he's planning on anymore Ironmans? The training for those is intense, five hours plus a day.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

I think the process only works for people like Ryan and Trista, who go on the show to really, truly find love, not to win. Mary might also fit in this category.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12