+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Rose ceremony?

FORT Fan

Re: Final Rose ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by Bichonlady;2377013;
    ABC is definitely cheap this season. All three Fantasy dates are in Hawaii, where Andy lives, a fairly short flight from LA. Also take a look at the only picture from the FRC. Not a flower in sight. Remember all the flowers they had for Byron and Mary? I guess they spent too much money going to Paris and Italy, so they decided to be really cheap this time.
    There is the possibility that Andy was not allowed to leave the country. And, since the woman he chose would have to move to where he is currently stationed, it is a good opportunity to give them a small glimpse of his life (i.e, taking them to the memorial).

FORT Fanatic

You don't consider a date in Hawaii a 'fantasy' date?
    One of the huge complaints about the show is that they whisk these people to fantasy places and never give them a glimpse of what a real world relationship is like. I happen to think it's great that they are actually providing a bit of the reality that will be a life with Andy for the chosen one.

As for the flowers at the final rose ceremony: It's been said that it was held outdoors and there were very strong winds. And...could be that Andy wanted a very plain setting.

FORT Fogey

I can completely understand why there would be no flowers or candles at the outdoor FRC -- that side of Oahu is rightly famous for the winds there. They are quite strong.

FORT Fan

Going to Hawaii is most people's idea of a fantasy and coupled with the fact that this is his home makes it the perfect spot. Add to that, that his chosen is expected to move there. He is very clear about on that point. I think Hawaii was a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tz192;2377854;
    Going to Hawaii is most people's idea of a fantasy and coupled with the fact that this is his home makes it the perfect spot. Add to that, that his chosen is expected to move there. He is very clear about on that point. I think Hawaii was a good choice.
    Ditto. The choice totally makes sense to me.

I would think things like the ATFR and WTA episodes would be part of the contract they all sign going in. They may have the bachelor and all the women commit to it in their contract regardless of whether they decide to do those episodes, but it's also possible to me that Andy couldn't commit to that in advance so had it removed from the contract. Just speculating. It also seemed to me as though there were fewer episodes of the show this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;2377605;
    I can completely understand why there would be no flowers or candles at the outdoor FRC -- that side of Oahu is rightly famous for the winds there. They are quite strong.
    Sorry if this is way too late to add my .02 but in the previews of the FRC, you can see how stong the winds are by Andy's hair and his pant legs; they are plastered to his legs. That doesn't seem real romantic to me if I was F1. I wouldn't want to worry if my dress was going to fly up like Marilyn Monroe or my hair was whipping around my face. Do you really think it will be outside or are they teasing us? Not that they asked me but I would prefer it in a garden with the candles, etc. Like Trista and Ryan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by metjoe1997;2386363;
    Sorry if this is way too late to add my .02 but in the previews of the FRC, you can see how stong the winds are by Andy's hair and his pant legs; they are plastered to his legs. That doesn't seem real romantic to me if I was F1. I wouldn't want to worry if my dress was going to fly up like Marilyn Monroe or my hair was whipping around my face. Do you really think it will be outside or are they teasing us? Not that they asked me but I would prefer it in a garden with the candles, etc. Like Trista and Ryan.
    I miss the usual flowers and candles as well but they could (would?) have blown off the deck with those north shore winds. Perhaps Andy thought the view and sunset were enough? Mayber Fleiss is leading us on and the FRC is indoors?

There's one other thing that has crossed my mind -- maybe Andy was hoping to get to see the "green flash." It's a flash of green light that can sometimes be seen in the Pacific just as the sun is sinking below the horizon. Living in Hawaii, I think it's probable that Andy has heard of it. Seeing it though is a looong shot.

I do agree that the setting, while lovely, will not be doing any of these ladies any favors. All three have long hair, and even if worn up, it'll have to be sprayed enough that it would take a chisel to break it up afterwards if it was going to stay in place at all.

However, men plan these things, you can be sure of that, .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MargoPolo;2365943;
    I'm sure it's in the contract they've already signed that they MUST do the WTA appearance
    Actually, they are supposed to, but Mandy and one other girl (the blonde attorney who was rubbing his chest) from Jesse's season refused to appear. Last year they only invited six women back, wasn't it?

My understanding is that the network purchases the season that doesn't include either WTA or ATFR. Those two episodes are sold seperately, I believe.

I suspect that ATFR really was just about put out of its misery by first Tara calling Jesse out, then Jen's disaster (and I still do think that Jerry was giving her the one digit salute). Obviously, they couldn't even pretend that Travis and Sarah got as far as boarding the plane in Paris before it was all over.

As for WTA, while I always enjoyed it, it might have been a very tough sell this year. Perhaps since this series seems to have done better, with a superior outcome, to the last several, we'll get one the next go round.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast