+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tina - Bachelor 10

FORT Newbie

Re: Tina - Bachelor 10

I know Andy went to UCSF, but if Tina lives in Hollywood, I'm thinking USC??

Being 26 and in medical school is not unusual. Many people take off time before/during/after medical school for multiple reasons. When I was in medical school the average entering age was 24 (I was 21). The oldest person in my class was 37ish, youngest 18 (not a good thing). Looking back, the older students demonstrated a higher level of maturity than the younger ones.

After reading these threads, I love Tina. I'm sure the producers casted her to be the passive, Asian female, so unfortunate. There is so much more depth to all these women that don't get exposed.

I'm still thinking she goes to USC. That's where i went. She reminds me of MOI! Rock on! You will find love, just be patient. Took me till the end of residency to find my knight in shining armor.

(Also, the residencies in Hawaii are not renowned in any way, shape or form. People don't go there to be good doctors. I did a rotation there, so I can testify that they weren't the cream of the crop... but there are residencies for all specialties, and she would have no problem getting one there.)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleHead;2331872;
    I know Andy went to UCSF, but if Tina lives in Hollywood, I'm thinking USC??

Being 26 and in medical school is not unusual. Many people take off time before/during/after medical school for multiple reasons. When I was in medical school the average entering age was 24 (I was 21). The oldest person in my class was 37ish, youngest 18 (not a good thing). Looking back, the older students demonstrated a higher level of maturity than the younger ones.

After reading these threads, I love Tina. I'm sure the producers casted her to be the passive, Asian female, so unfortunate. There is so much more depth to all these women that don't get exposed.

I'm still thinking she goes to USC. That's where i went. She reminds me of MOI! Rock on! You will find love, just be patient. Took me till the end of residency to find my knight in shining armor.

(Also, the residencies in Hawaii are not renowned in any way, shape or form. People don't go there to be good doctors. I did a rotation there, so I can testify that they weren't the cream of the crop... but there are residencies for all specialties, and she would have no problem getting one there.)
    You guys know more about her than I do...this is scary...

And if even she gets picked or not, I hope she goes back to Arizona. =) Then I can ask her to sing the National Athem.

FORT Newbie

Quote From chancelucky.blogspot.com:
    In their meeting, we learn that Tina Wu is not only doing her rotations, but is in the midst of getting her MBA as well. Andy asks her about orthopedic surgery. She tells him that she loved the time, because she’s more comfortable being with guys. We also get to see that she’s deeply insecure about her possible desirability to men. This is new Bachelor territory. A bright-ambitious woman cracks the third week and she’s not white. On top of that, she’s complex. Too bad she finishes nearly last in the triathlon.
    End Quote

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar

In looking up Tina's involvement with sichange.org - it appears that she attends medical school at UCLA.

Global HIV/AIDS Fellow: New to the staff this year, Tina Wu, third-year student at the University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine will focus the association's efforts on behalf of the global HIV/AIDS pandemic.
    US Medical Students Adopt Policy Condemning DTC Advertising; Urge Improved Resident Work Hours Regulations

Here's a picture of her with Richard Gere:

Last edited by Brightcryptic; 04-15-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Adding source for Tina's school
    Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last. -- Nicholas Sparks

Quote Originally Posted by Random Cousin;2331859;
    My aunt just told me that Tina was on Bachelor: Officer and A Gentleman. I don't watch this sort of stuff, but Tina's my older cousin, so yeah...Then I went into panic mode, then found this thread, then joined immediatly. Does anyone know what happened in the past episodes?
    And also, Tina's going to another medical school, I think. Oh, and does anyone know where you can find the previous episodes of Bachelor 10?
    You should be able to view past episodes on ABC's website.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Welcome to the FORT, Random Cousin and NoodleHead
    We have a lot more information on Tina and the other contestants in our 'Spoilers and Speculation' forum. Tina also has a Myspace. Check out 'The Girls' Myspace Pages - Bachelor 10' in the S&S forum. WARNING: There are spoilers in the S&S forum, so if you don't want to be spoiled, it's probably not the place for you.
    Does anyone know what happened in the past episodes?
    And also, Tina's going to another medical school, I think. Oh, and does anyone know where you can find the previous episodes of Bachelor 10?
    We set up a show discussion thread each week to discus the events of the show. Just check out this forum and you'll see them listed.. You may want to check out the ABC site as often you can view previous episodes there (not sure how long they stay up, though).

You should both come back tomorrow night (Monday) and join in on the show discussion. It's muy fun. And check out our wonderful Bachelor recaps. They're listed in my signature line.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2332190;
    You should be able to view past episodes on ABC's website.
    Actually, you cannot. I wanted to rewatch the first episode because clearly I wasn't paying enough attention to it. But, lo and behold, The Bachelor is not a show that's available on the site. It's mainly their "big" dramas and According to Jim. The only "reality" show that's available is Dancing with the Stars. I sure wish The Bachelor was up there, though!

Quote Originally Posted by talula;2332252;
    Actually, you cannot. I wanted to rewatch the first episode because clearly I wasn't paying enough attention to it. But, lo and behold, The Bachelor is not a show that's available on the site. It's mainly their "big" dramas and According to Jim. The only "reality" show that's available is Dancing with the Stars. I sure wish The Bachelor was up there, though!
    You can view the episodes of The Bachelor on the ABC website. I do think you need Flash to be able to see them, but there's a link on the main website to the episode viewer and The Bachelor is available - there's a link on the Bachelor page, too, that takes you to the viewer. Hope that helped!

Someone else just corrected me via PM, too. I thought shows were only accessible through the main abc page. I'm very sorry for opening my mouth too soon. But now I know and I am certainly going to try tomorrow! Thanks all!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Can I just say that I think Tina looks even prettier in the photo with Richard Gere than on the show? I generally don't like the evening gown competition portion of these types of shows...I like it when they don't have so much makeup on and are just allowed to be.

I hope Tessa wins this competition instead of Tina 'cause I think Tina will have a much more fulfiling life as a doctor and a leader, than as the wife of a doctor (who also happens to be a doctor herself). This is nothing against Tessa--I like Tessa lot, too (as many of you know). It's just that I think her career is more "mobile" so to speak.

I guess I like the T's! Tina and Tessa are my two faves.

+ Reply to Thread