+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tina - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2316621;
    OK, you need to meet my friends. That is such a stereotype and so NOT true! While Tina comes across as shy and rather demure, a blanket statement like that is just wrong... like saying all blondes are ditzy (also NOT true) or that all Western women have loose morals (again, not true--except for maybe these contestants... JUST JOKING!)...

And I'm always suspicious about things like this but tell me again... why do we think that Tinabachelorett is actually Tina, one of the bachelorettes? I just don't see Tina, the shy contestant, posting about herself on a message board.

Regardless, welcome Tinabachelorett...whoever you are!
    Totally agree, and my best friend is an asian woman and in no way is she demure or shy.

FORT Newbie

Re: Tina - Bachelor 10

Thanks again for the nice comments. As a response to some of the comments- you're right, I wasn't "made to sing," nor were the other girls made to do flips, pushups, or bake cakes, but there's a huge amount of pressure. As for being demure or shy, I wouldn't call myself shy but I was extremely nervous. It's totally awkward having 150 crew members around you. And to whether this is or is not the actual, Tina, Medical Student from the show, it's probably not really me. But since Andy is allowed to talk about his non-profit org to raise pancreatic cancer awareness - here's my shameless plug for my non-profit organization: sichange.org. Someone already found it an posted it on ABC.

Re: Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tinabachelorett;2313086;
    Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, it was totally out of character for me. My close friends don't hear me sing. But when people say "sing or get kicked off" that's one thing. Then they say "You can only sing the national anthem because all the other songs were copywrited" that's another thing. I'm a cheeseball, I admit it. Yes, singing was over the top but I didn't know how many crazy girls there were and that I could just be myself and get to the next rose ceremony. So, I sang... If that's the most embarassing moment of my life, it's a good life i've led.
    Oh, it's interesting that the "Banner" was suggested to her. I never thought of the copyright issue, HOWEVER, I would think that there'd be other songs that she could have sung. Whoever suggested the national anthem was going for a theatrical moment backing up the whole Naval theme. btw: It obviously did it's job in terms of good t.v. in the sense that it almost brought tears to Andy's eyes showing the depth of his patriotism.

Tina is still in my top 3 picks, with Amber and Tessa. She is very sweet and doesn't appear to be as catty as some of the other girls on the show....at least not yet. And the girl can rock a red dress!

FORT Fogey

I missed the show this week, but this was one of my favorite bachelorettes from the first week so I'm glad to see she's still in it!

Tina is one of my Favs - if not my #1 Fav!

Tina was so cute last night! I loved her pulling Andy away from the pre-triathlon breakfast to chat. So cute, you could feel vibes!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMonkey;2323112;
    Tina was so cute last night! I loved her pulling Andy away from the pre-triathlon breakfast to chat. So cute, you could feel vibes!!
    I missed the first hour, but good for her! I'm glad she's making sure to get her attention. She is a total cutie and seems like a very sweet, nice and smart young lady. And I'll bet she can figure out what 15-3 equals.... I didn't see this in yesterday's spoilers thread...who won the triathlon?

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2323424;
    I didn't see this in yesterday's spoilers thread...who won the triathlon?
    Amber won the triathlon.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Tina is smart and pretty. She may do well on this show. I would like to see her show more confidence, though I cannot say I'd come across as super confident on a reality dating show either. Good luck to her.

+ Reply to Thread