Closed Thread
Page 55 of 152 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: Tessa - Bachelor 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Tessa - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2379109;
    I agree that political views alone often aren't a big deal. However, in this case, I think there are other big potential differences too.

Tessa comes from a very citified family and a very intellectually and culturally sophisticated environment, family, grade and high school -- her father has taught at Harvard, was a top guy in the Treasury Department, her school was full of the kids of Supreme Court justices, members of Congress, famous writers and activists, and so on -- whereas Andy seems to me to be much more of a very simple small-town guy, who would like to remain a simple small-town guy and have a nice wife and nice suburban house with kids and fun athletic vacations.

If you added political differences to these very very different family and hometown backgrounds, you really would be talking about a significant barrier down the line, it seems to me. Those things taken together can give you quite different expectations for life, in a lot of areas, and I really think that she's apt to find Andy boring eventually, while he's likely to find her too restless and maybe too uppity for his tastes.

Tessa's my favoriate contestant, and I think Andy's really attracted to her, but on the long-term compatibility front, I still think that somebody like Danielle or Peyton, for example, would be his smarter choice.
    While this makes a lot of sense, it doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. My fiance (we've been together five years) and I couldn't have grown up/been brought up more differently. That doesn't mean that you don't share a lot of the same values/interests. We may have grown up differently, but we are VERY much alike. Though, believe me, we have our share of differences too.

As for some people thinking it's not Tessa because they don't think she would except a proposal with the way she's been going through this process...well, first off we're not seeing everything. We get to see a sliver of what actually happens. Maybe she's been completely into him from the beginning. And just because the couple is engaged at the end of this, doesn't mean they have to get married right away. It's just a way to show their commitment to one another. Did that even make sense? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Spoil Me;2375862;
    I love strong, demanding, forceful Andy That attitude was exactly what Tessa needed!

Andy: Tell me what you want
    Tessa: I want to fall in love and
    Andy: With who?
    Tessa: Who do you think?
    Andy: You have got to tell me
    Tessa: I want to fall in love with you
    Andy:Good! I want to fall in love with you too

OH!MY!GOD! - I swear I watched that freaking scene till 12:15am - what the hell is wrong with me???
    everyone seems to have issues with the word WANT in Tessa's response . I had to look up SPOILME transcipt on this part on their conversation to go with the pic .

aww.. look at her .. so adorable

crystalmom You are amazing .

I don't get the fuss about saying "I want to fall in love". How is that any different from saying (for example) "I wanted to take a risk, have some fun and you never know what may come of it"

I want to take a risk
    I want to fall in love
    I want you to be honest

What is the difference??? And please don't explain the difference between love, honesty or a risk
    Last edited by lildago; 05-09-2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: response to edited post

Quote Originally Posted by Spoil Me

crystalmom You are amazing .

I don't get the fuss about saying "I want to fall in love". How is that any different from saying (for example) "I wanted to take a risk, have some fun and you never know what may come of it"

I want to take a risk
    I want to fall in love
    I want you to be honest

What is the difference??? And please don't explain the difference between love, honesty or a risk

You are welcome! I totally agree. She was simply answering his question.

What do you WANT?

I WANT to fall in love.

With WHO?

I WANT to fall in love with you...

You can't write this stuff. LOL!!
    Last edited by lildago; 05-09-2007 at 11:47 PM. Reason: edit quote

FORT Regular

I noticed the cap - no cap - cap thing too...hair up, hair down, hair up, it's crazy! I also noticed two people in the background making those giant snowballs -- looks like they were making a snowman. Tessa's comment is twice as funny if she didn't make it!

FORT Newbie

I must agree with those of you guys who think Tessa is more sophisticated than Andy . On the long run she will get bored with Andy.
    Not much of an intellectual challenge ..

"Want" and "am" are two totally different things. I want to do alot of things but that doesn't mean it will happen. I want a certain type of person to fall in love with but that doesn't mean I will. I take the word want as I "want" it to happen because on paper that is what it should be but that I can't necessarily make it happen. He wants his heart to fall in love with Tessa but it can't because it already loves Bevin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom;2379471;
    "Want" and "am" are two totally different things. I want to do alot of things but that doesn't mean it will happen. I want a certain type of person to fall in love with but that doesn't mean I will. I take the word want as I "want" it to happen because on paper that is what it should be but that I can't necessarily make it happen. He wants his heart to fall in love with Tessa but it can't because it already loves Bevin.
    I have discussed this with others, and while it was not my idea, I do LOVE it...you know how it sounds weird when Andy says, "Well, good because I want to fall in love with you,"? Well, maybe it was because that was dubbed over and what he really said was "Well good, because I am falling in love with you," or "Well good, because I am in love with you." Sounds good to me

quality not quantity

clarifcOriginally Posted by weary
    I like Tessa, but is Andy right for her? Someone on the Andy thread posted that he is a Republican when I posted the question. Now, it's possible that Tessa became a social worker in San Francisco while being politically conservative, but i doubt it. She probably fits in just fine with the prevailing politics here (as do I, just so you know where I'm posting from).

I do think politics is important in a relationship because it's part of your values and world view. My daughter has a very nice sweet boyfriend who is a Republican, and I have to hide the newspaper if he's coming over, because if it's in view we immediately get into a fight over almost everything in it.
    .............................. .............................. .............................. ....................
    aphijess' reply

I'm a Democrat and live in the SF Bay Area and am married to a Republican. My family (well, my dad) is ultra-Liberal so the conversations can get spirited, but as long as everyone agrees to disagree and respect opinions, it's not an issue. I'm from SF and while it is a generally Liberal city, there are a lot more Republicans than people think that live here. I don't know what Tessa's political views are, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Just think of James Carville and Mary Matalin - talk about politics making strange bedfellows!!!
    Last edited by soccermom2; 05-09-2007 at 08:46 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;2379533;
    I have discussed this with others, and while it was not my idea, I do LOVE it...you know how it sounds weird when Andy says, "Well, good because I want to fall in love with you,"? Well, maybe it was because that was dubbed over and what he really said was "Well good, because I am falling in love with you," or "Well good, because I am in love with you." Sounds good to me
    Me too!

And if she did say "I want...", I agree with Valen that she was simply answering his question. If someone asks me what I want, I tend to automatically answer with "I want..."

Closed Thread