Closed Thread
Page 54 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast

Thread: Tessa - Bachelor 10

FORT Newbie

Re: Tessa - Bachelor 10

I am a Fort newbie here, my first post... So glad I found this site too!

I am a Tessa fan! But I want to thank all of the Danielle and Bevin fans, who up to this point, have kept me guessing, and switching back and forth who the F1 was going to be!

But I think it's Tessa he chooses in the end and here is why...

On the one-on-one date, Andy does a PI, stating, "It may have been all the diamonds, the beautiful dress and the fact that I was isolated with Tessa tonight which has driven me to such a blissful state of mind." Then it switches to a VO, "This date tonight I achieved what I set out to do and now the sky's the limit."

Then on the Hometown date, Andy does a PI, " It felt so good. I felt like I made a positive impact." Switches to a VO, "The date opens up so many doors, so many possiblities for the future."

If you switch the VO's, it says to read that after the "I want to fall in love with you" scene, that he has achived what he set out to do, he found love. JMO but I really think he chooses Tessa!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2378659;
    I'd assume that he wasn't available, maybe travelling on business? I was interested in seeing what he looked like, the way they met made a cute story.
    Bruce's daughter wasn't present either. Too many people for filming?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmom;2378827;
    This my favorite thread . Tessa is the reason why I am watching this season.
    Andy has a choice and I do not see him forcing himself to propose for the sake of the show. If I read Andy correctly, there is no doubt he choose Tessa especially so since there is an engagement .

on a sidenote, this animation shows the sequence of Tessa/Andy meet greet and snowball fight. I am amazed that a simple scene has to be splice and chopped up . Noticed .. no cap - cap -no cap -cap -no cap - cap ... LOL

Thanks for your little animations, I love them. That smile on his face when with Tessa says it all.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by :) Fort;2378868;

I am a Tessa fan! But I want to thank all of the Danielle and Bevin fans, who up to this point, have kept me guessing, and switching back and forth who the F1 was going to be!

On the one-on-one date, Andy does a PI, stating, "It may have been all the diamonds, the beautiful dress and the fact that I was isolated with Tessa tonight which has driven me to such a blissful state of mind." Then it switches to a VO, "This date tonight I achieved what I set out to do and now the sky's the limit."

Then on the Hometown date, Andy does a PI, " It felt so good. I felt like I made a positive impact." Switches to a VO, "The date opens up so many doors, so many possiblities for the future."

If you switch the VO's, it says to read that after the "I want to fall in love with you" scene, that he has achived what he set out to do, he found love. JMO but I really think he chooses Tessa!
    GREAT first post and welcome.

Cute screen name by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by :) Fort;2378868;

Fort!

Add to those the fact that Chris' VO during the Cinderella date (reviewed again at the beginning of this show) that said something like "Andy gets to convince Tessa of his love by...."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by braungirl;2378846;
    That is what I thought she said, which is why I was wondering why her step dad was not there. I really wanted to see the step dad too.
    Yeah, I would have liked to have seen him too. Maybe he was out of town or something. So many people in DC have jobs with lots of travel that it wouldn't be surprising if he had some trip or meeting or whatever that he couldn't really cancel for this brief, last-minute event. ... Nevertheless, we and Andy did get to see his house, along with Tessa's mother, father, sister, and friend. That should give a fairly adequate representation of her, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmom;2378827;
    This my favorite thread . Tessa is the reason why I am watching this season.
    Andy has a choice and I do not see him forcing himself to propose for the sake of the show. If I read Andy correctly, there is no doubt he choose Tessa especially so since there is an engagement .

on a sidenote, this animation shows the sequence of Tessa/Andy meet greet and snowball fight. I am amazed that a simple scene has to be splice and chopped up . Noticed .. no cap - cap -no cap -cap -no cap - cap ... LOL

The hat, no hat can be explained like this: They play in the snow and Andy kisses Tessa so passionately that he lets her hair down and he drops the tie in the snow and they can't find it so she has to wear the hat. So there's the alternate hat-no hat shots.
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

FORT Fan

I like Tessa, but is Andy right for her? Someone on the Andy thread posted that he is a Republican when I posted the question. Now, it's possible that Tessa became a social worker in San Francisco while being politically conservative, but i doubt it. She probably fits in just fine with the prevailing politics here (as do I, just so you know where I'm posting from).

I do think politics is important in a relationship because it's part of your values and world view. My daughter has a very nice sweet boyfriend who is a Republican, and I have to hide the newspaper if he's coming over, because if it's in view we immediately get into a fight over almost everything in it.

Quote Originally Posted by weary;2379060;
    I like Tessa, but is Andy right for her? Someone on the Andy thread posted that he is a Republican when I posted the question. Now, it's possible that Tessa became a social worker in San Francisco while being politically conservative, but i doubt it. She probably fits in just fine with the prevailing politics here (as do I, just so you know where I'm posting from).

I do think politics is important in a relationship because it's part of your values and world view. My daughter has a very nice sweet boyfriend who is a Republican, and I have to hide the newspaper if he's coming over, because if it's in view we immediately get into a fight over almost everything in it.
    I'm a Democrat and live in the SF Bay Area and am married to a Republican. My family (well, my dad) is ultra-Liberal so the conversations can get spirited, but as long as everyone agrees to disagree and respect opinions, it's not an issue. I'm from SF and while it is a generally Liberal city, there are a lot more Republicans than people think that live here. I don't know what Tessa's political views are, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aphijess;2379079;
    I'm a Democrat and live in the SF Bay Area and am married to a Republican. My family (well, my dad) is ultra-Liberal so the conversations can get spirited, but as long as everyone agrees to disagree and respect opinions, it's not an issue. I'm from SF and while it is a generally Liberal city, there are a lot more Republicans than people think that live here. I don't know what Tessa's political views are, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.
    I agree that political views alone often aren't a big deal. However, in this case, I think there are other big potential differences too.

Tessa comes from a very citified family and a very intellectually and culturally sophisticated environment, family, grade and high school -- her father has taught at Harvard, was a top guy in the Treasury Department, her school was full of the kids of Supreme Court justices, members of Congress, famous writers and activists, and so on -- whereas Andy seems to me to be much more of a very simple small-town guy, who would like to remain a simple small-town guy and have a nice wife and nice suburban house with kids and fun athletic vacations.

If you added political differences to these very very different family and hometown backgrounds, you really would be talking about a significant barrier down the line, it seems to me. Those things taken together can give you quite different expectations for life, in a lot of areas, and I really think that she's apt to find Andy boring eventually, while he's likely to find her too restless and maybe too uppity for his tastes.

Tessa's my favoriate contestant, and I think Andy's really attracted to her, but on the long-term compatibility front, I still think that somebody like Danielle or Peyton, for example, would be his smarter choice.

Closed Thread