Closed Thread
Page 52 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: Tessa - Bachelor 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Tessa - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by cloudnine;2376916;
    I agree with all of you thinks it's weird that they didn't show Andy and Tessa parting during the hometown date. I am 100% positive that the scene all the couch took place elsewhere, probably his hotel room. And the couch scene. WOW. I remember my roommates watching it with me were swooning and saying something like "that's the second best romantic thing since: where did you come from?"

While some might take "I WANT to fall in love with you" as bad, because you shouldn't "want" to love someone, I disagree. With all the camera and the stage where they are in the process, it's comparable to a regular couple who are on the verge of saying they love each other, but instead say something like "I like love you." IMO.

That talk on the couch definitely comes close to solidifying why I think she wins. During the RC, when the F3 were toasting and he's looking at Tessa. There seems to be this coy smile they gave each other, that the totally know they're going to be together. Maybe it's just me, but that's what I saw, very Meredith-Ian. I guess what would definitely seal the deal is if he ONLY offers Tessa the fantasy suite card, although I doubt that. Who knows. We'll see.

Perhaps their good-bye was too revealing and the mystery scene on the couch was filmed in Hawaii as a substitute ending to the hometown date.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AFROdeesYACK;2377973;
    ITA, good observation. Along with the verbal moments, TPTB also likes to show subtle physical moments between Andy & Tessa. During their conversations the camera always focuses in on Andy rubbing her shoulders, the nape of her neck, her hand, etc. It's like he can't keep his hands off her! I know they're just tiny displays of affection, but I find them heartwarming.
    It's the tiny displays of affection that have the bigger impact

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menvida;2377970;
    The one thing that I do disagree with on this thread that I've read multiple times is that Andy is conservative. Yes, he's in the Navy and probably not a San Francisco liberal. However, if you watch him give his speech at the ESA awards where he accepts a humanitarian award, he recites a quote from one of his idols, JFK. I find it hard to believe that JFK would be the idol of any true conservative's idol. Isn't Ronald Reagan (not JFK) the idol of conservatives?
    IA! I've never gotten the idea that Andy is conservative; quite the opposite. Andy said he wanted an open-minded girl with an opinion. I don't take that as he wants her to be conservative, I think he wants her to have convictions in what she believes in, just like he does. If he'd wanted a conservative woman, he would've kept Alexis around instead of getting rid of her right after she told him she was very conservative.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2378162;
    IA! I've never gotten the idea that Andy is conservative; quite the opposite. Andy said he wanted an open-minded girl with an opinion. I don't take that as he wants her to be conservative, I think he wants her to have convictions in what she believes in, just like he does. If he'd wanted a conservative woman, he would've kept Alexis around instead of getting rid of her right after she told him she was very conservative.

Back in the early days of the show he either told Alexis that he was conservative or said in one of the interview segments that he was conservative (though probably less so than Alexis as life goes on). What he means by that, who knows?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Schooner;2376493;
    I cant go back and rewatch it, but I was sure that Tessa told Andy that they were going to her dad's house, but not the house she grew up in, and her mom and sister were coming? But the ABC site says it was her mom's house. Not that it matters, but I was just curious.

When they were on the Mall, she said to Andy that they'd be going to her mom's house, which was not the house Tessa and her sister grew up in but where her mom lives now, and that her Dad, sister, and best friend would be coming over.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by teachbeach;2377778;
    Mom lives in York, PA. She and step-dad may have that house in Georgetown as well, but more likely it was Dad's (he was comfortable in the kitchen, and telling everyone where to sit for dinner) or even orrowed from a family friend or relative. If you go back and listen to Tess telling Andy, she says it's not the house she grew up in but "where her mother lives now" sounds a little choppy and possibly spliced together.

Maybe they're rich enough to have both a town house in DC and a country house in York. The DC house looked pretty schnazzy to me, so it wouldn't be surprising if they have two houses, one in the more quiet and relaxing atmosphere in York. ... In that case, maybe Tessa's stepfather just stayed in York for the occasion, while his wife came down to DC to meet Tessa, since DC really is Tessa's home town.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2378226;
    Back in the early days of the show he either told Alexis that he was conservative or said in one of the interview segments that he was conservative (though probably less so than Alexis as life goes on). What he means by that, who knows?
    Well, you can also be personally conservative (in the way you dress and conduct yourself, for instance) without being politically conservative. This describes me to a tee, and I'm a political moderate with socially liberal views.

One thing I noticed in this week's show that was really cute is that when Tessa re-entered the living room and showed off her necklace (the scene just before her and Andy's big conversation), Andy's face totally lights up the minute he sees her (she's still off-screen at that point), and he immediately stands up to greet her. He's such a gentleman, and he always seems to light up like a Christmas tree when he's around her.

FORT Newbie

I'm betting on Tessa too, especially since we know that he proposes at the end. It seems so clear that he is pursuing her because he feels she is the one. If she wasn't, he would have quit long before this. Before offering her a rose, he almost always says, "Tessa, would you PLEASE accept this rose?" He is the only woman he asks this of. Also, if she ends up telling him she's just not sure, etc. - I can't imagine he would then propose to a second choice.

After rewatching scenes and looking at screencaps again, I'm even more convinced that Tessa is the one for Andy. She is a true lady. We've never seen her say anything bad about the other girls, have we? Yet as Andy said in the Washington date, she is a "goofball." She would be perfect playing with kids, and I can only speculate she's probably had some experience working with kids in her profession. She always looks beautiful and poised. I think she would be someone Andy could be very proud of!

FORT Newbie

One more indicator that seals it for me was the last rose ceremony. He so confindently said Tessa's name and he often looks her way when talking about "true love." It seems she is not surprised, but more sure this time when she accepts. Also, he pauses before asking Bevin to accept the rose and almost looks sick. Poor guy. I truly think the producers want her to stick around because the fans love the competition between she and Tessa and she adds so much emotional drama.

Closed Thread