Closed Thread
Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Tessa - Bachelor 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Tessa - Bachelor 10

Ya, where was Bruce?! I wanted to meet him...er, see him LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2377703;
    Actually, I think it's her mother's house AND her mother lives in York, PA, too. I only say that because it's pretty easy to find someone with her exact name on the board of multiple charitable organizations, including a Y or whatever in York (and scholarship fund, etc.).

I'm going to crawl away now. I feel icky that I've googled all of these people.
    Just keep telling yourself, "I am not a stalker! Fleiss made me do it" repeat.
    If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.

I finally gave in and decided to check out this forum. This is the first season of Bachelor I have watched and I only did so because my husband mentioned Andy is stationed here in Hawaii (plus he has been on our local news). I am SO hooked now and loving the Andy/Tessa relationship. They are a bit different from each other, but I'm hoping the differences are more strength/weakness related versus incompatibility issues. She would definitely fit in here in Hawaii if they ended up getting married and he was still stationed on Oahu. The asian/caucasian mix (called "hapa haole") is very common here - I'm one as well! Andy's base (Pearl Harbor) is 5 minutes away from me.

Anyway, what is the deal with my obsession with them getting together? I guess we all like to see romance and love blossoming. It just makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside, even if it is manipulated by the producers to a certain degree.
    Last edited by Sharrhys; 05-09-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Walking the ledge.... suziewuzie's Avatar

[/QUOTE]While some might take "I WANT to fall in love with you" as bad, because you shouldn't "want" to love someone, I disagree. With all the camera and the stage where they are in the process, it's comparable to a regular couple who are on the verge of saying they love each other, but instead say something like "I like love you." IMO.QUOTE]

I totally agree with this statement. If you think about it, they can't really tell each other "I love you" for obvious reasons pertaining to the show. So when they are on camera, they have to say "I want to fall in love with you" which I think might be their little code to each other.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Welcome Sharrhys!!! So glad you gave in, you found the best Bachelor website.

I adore Andy andTessa as well, but I'm also a cynic and editing has been cruel to many of us over past episodes.

It truly could be either Bevin or Tessa.

Couple of observations:

First of all, Andy is a guy and passion is not a problem when faced with a beautiful woman who is clearly "into him" (Bevin). However, Andy is a guy and guys don't generally expend a whole lot of effort in chasing after a woman unless they are emotionally "caught up" in her. I think that Andy will have to explain the passion he shared with Bevin to Tessa, BUT that Tessa is the F1.

Have you noticed that each episode, no matter how much or little TPTB show of Andy/Tessa, they always show "a moment": First it was the "if you already know what you want, I don't want to get hurt" scenario at the rose ceremony that was the most "real" moment of the evening. Then came the "where did you come from" exchange during the Cinderealla date last week. Finally, this week it is the "what do you want from this... I want to fall in love with you" exchange. Each of these, while not being the most physically passionate, seem to me to be the most emotionally significant and to show the greatest depth of mutual feeling.

It's Tessa!

Walking the ledge.... suziewuzie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrhys;2377868;
    I finally gave in and decided to check out this forum. This is the first season of Bachelor I have watched and I only did so because my husband mentioned Andy is stationed here in Hawaii (plus he has been on our local news). I am SO hooked now and loving the Andy/Tessa relationship. They are a bit different from each other, but I'm hoping the differences are more strength/weakness related versus incompatibility issues. She would definitely fit in here in Hawaii if they ended up getting married and he was still stationed on Oahu. The asian/caucasian mix (called "hapa haole") is very common here - I'm one as well! I can see Andy's base (Pearl Harbor) from my balcony.

Anyway, what is the deal with my obsession with them getting together? I guess we all like to see romance and love blossoming. It just makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside, even if it is manipulated by the producers to a certain degree.
    Yeah, we are all hoping that this one ends with a happy and long lasting romance. I think that's what keeps making me watch it...even though I know I am being manipulated with the editing. C'est la vie. And if this one doesn't work out, I am not watching any more of these....until the next one.

I really like Tessa a lot. I must say she has been my favorite from almost the beginning. And I also must say that no one I really liked has been sent home except Amber. She was my second favorite after Tessa. Tessa and Amber are both real, and Bevin is too fake. It bothers me that she thinks she's above Amber because she's older. But anyway, it's so obvious that Andy WANTS Tessa to stay and to fall in love with him. In almost every episode, it seems that he's trying to ensure that she stays. It also seems like he just wants to hear from her that she's there for the right reason so that he can keep her there. Danielle seems really nice and genuine, but I don't feel like her and Andy would be good together romantically, and I think Andy feels this way, too. He said he worries she's just good for him as a friend. I just really hope that Tessa wins!
    Last edited by fluff; 05-09-2007 at 05:51 AM.

FORT Newbie

I haven't watched the Bachelor since Andrew and Jen and have to admit that I've been addicted to the Andy/Tessa/Bevin show since the beginning. I've read this entire thread and agree with almost everything. I, too, see the chemistry, affection, playfulness, compatibility between Andy and Bevin. My favorite hometown question was the one Tessa's friend Samantha asked about whether he wanted a house in the city or the suburbs because this tells a lot about someone's lifestyle. Tessa definitely seems like a city girl (with nature on weekends/vacation), and Andy does seem a bit more like a suburb guy. This could spell trouble for their long-term compatibility.

The one thing that I do disagree with on this thread that I've read multiple times is that Andy is conservative. Yes, he's in the Navy and probably not a San Francisco liberal. However, if you watch him give his speech at the ESA awards where he accepts a humanitarian award, he recites a quote from one of his idols, JFK. I find it hard to believe that JFK would be the idol of any true conservative's idol. Isn't Ronald Reagan (not JFK) the idol of conservatives?

Can't wait for the finish and to cry my eyes out when Andy proposes to Tessa!
    Jeff

Have you noticed that each episode, no matter how much or little TPTB show of Andy/Tessa, they always show "a moment": First it was the "if you already know what you want, I don't want to get hurt" scenario at the rose ceremony that was the most "real" moment of the evening. Then came the "where did you come from" exchange during the Cinderealla date last week. Finally, this week it is the "what do you want from this... I want to fall in love with you" exchange. Each of these, while not being the most physically passionate, seem to me to be the most emotionally significant and to show the greatest depth of mutual feeling.
    ITA, good observation. Along with the verbal moments, TPTB also likes to show subtle physical moments between Andy & Tessa. During their conversations the camera always focuses in on Andy rubbing her shoulders, the nape of her neck, her hand, etc. It's like he can't keep his hands off her! I know they're just tiny displays of affection, but I find them heartwarming.

Closed Thread