Closed Thread
Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Tessa - Bachelor 10

Re: Tessa - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by Air Force Cane;2325382;
    have any of you realized though their backgrounds?

One is a patriotic, conservative (self-admitted), military officer from PA.

the other is a social worker from SAN FRANCISCO.

Do you really think that she would not be very liberal? Do you think they will have enough in common in their worldview to make a marriage?

It is possible I guess- although usually people find soulmates who look at the world in a similar manner. Especially in America today.
    I understand what you're getting at, but if he really is as conservative as it might seem he would be, given his basic stats and background, isn't it likely he would have kept the girl who was clearly conservative - Alexis? Instead, he cut her.

None of us have much to go on, since the show just started, but he certainly gives the impression that he's a bit more relaxed in the 'classic' conservative viepoint than might be expected.

Really, if the first two episodes are any indication, he cares far more about having something in common with his mate when it comes to common life goals and common activities (athletics, running, outdoor activities.) than he does about someone's political views. That's just my take on it, though.

And, of course, just because you're a social worker and you're living in San Francisco doesn't mean that you have to be a Nancy Pelosi clone or a total liberal in your thinking.

Someone suggested in the Tina thread that maybe Tessa was not smart enough for him. Weird, considering she went to Middlebury College. I wonder is she ever met...never mind, I mean Vermont and Maine (Bowdoin College) are right next to each other...
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toni;2327464;
    Someone suggested in the Tina thread that maybe Tessa was not smart enough for him. Weird, considering she went to Middlebury College.
    Actually, that's not what I said at all. I said,
    "I think Tessa is his best match up at this point... She's (Tessa's) cute, smart and well traveled, but not too smart for him.
    My point was that some guys like women who are clever and smart, but not smarter than them. And I don't see him giving up his career or post to follow his wife around as she lands her dream job. I get the impression he expects her to pack up and move to where he is and where his job is. He may perceive Tina as too ambitious for him since she's in med school and most likely would want to pursue a medical career as well. Anyhow, anyone who wants to read my post about that can see it in the "Tina" thread.

I'm not saying this is the case with Tessa, 'cause as I had originally pointed out, I think she is smart. But just because you went to college doesn't make you smart. Case in point? Our current president graduated from Yale...

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2326396;
    I understand what you're getting at, but if he really is as conservative as it might seem he would be, given his basic stats and background, isn't it likely he would have kept the girl who was clearly conservative - Alexis? Instead, he cut her.

None of us have much to go on, since the show just started, but he certainly gives the impression that he's a bit more relaxed in the 'classic' conservative viepoint than might be expected.

Really, if the first two episodes are any indication, he cares far more about having something in common with his mate when it comes to common life goals and common activities (athletics, running, outdoor activities.) than he does about someone's political views. That's just my take on it, though.

And, of course, just because you're a social worker and you're living in San Francisco doesn't mean that you have to be a Nancy Pelosi clone or a total liberal in your thinking.
    And he said, while talking with Alexis, that while he is conservative, his travels and life experience have made him more open-minded.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2327502;
    Actually, that's not what I said at all. I said,

My point was that some guys like women who are clever and smart, but not smarter than them. And I don't see him giving up his career or post to follow his wife around as she lands her dream job. I get the impression he expects her to pack up and move to where he is and where his job is. He may perceive Tina as too ambitious for him since she's in med school and most likely would want to pursue a medical career as well. Anyhow, anyone who wants to read my post about that can see it in the "Tina" thread.

I'm not saying this is the case with Tessa, 'cause as I had originally pointed out, I think she is smart. But just because you went to college doesn't make you smart. Case in point? Our current president graduated from Yale...
    sorry I'm misquoted you. i read too fast...sometimes the brain reads faster than the eyes..
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toni;2327539;
    sorry I'm misquoted you. i read too fast...sometimes the brain reads faster than the eyes..
    Not a problem! I just didn't want you thinking I thought she was a dummy. I like her a lot and think she's quite stunning all around. I think she may just win this thing!

Anyone notice that Tessa says comin' and sittin'....not that I don't like her, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy;2328156;
    Anyone notice that Tessa says comin' and sittin'....not that I don't like her, mind you.
    As a Southern girl, dropping your G's is common (as in "fixin"). Are we sure Tessa didn't grow up in the South?

Hey, I am guilty. I do it all the time, of course I am from Louisiana so that may have something to do with it.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Agreed and he did say last night that he and Tessa have a lot in common

Closed Thread