Closed Thread
Page 146 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4696136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1513

Thread: Tessa - Bachelor 10

Re: Tessa - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie;2588329;

Andy did not say they were struggling. He said they were trying to survive. Every time my brother was sent out of the country when he was in the Air Force, we would call he and his wife and ask how he was doing and he or she would always say "we're just trying to survive" or "we're suvivin". That is just a type of lingo used often by military personnel. It means nothing. AND, as for the "I Love Tessa" etc. do you always go around telling folks that you are "in love with your significant other"? Do you tell her/him "I am in love with you!" on a daily basis or do you say "I Love You"? I think people are just looking for something to criticize . All of this analysis of language is just silly!
    What about his comments about the fantasy being over, real life taking over? The thing is, between the physical distance, how they met, and more, I would be surprised if they were NOT having to work through some pretty serious issues. And, definitely, this is between them, and not between them and us. If they are meant to be, as I continue to hope they are, they will work through those issues and be the stronger for it. If not, well, I wish them happiness on whatever roads they take.

FYI, other posters that are considered reliable have implied they might be struggling. The comments on Andy's MySpace are only considered possible confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo;2588084;
    We've seen time and time again many posters making up stuff on this message board. Too many.
    When you've read message boards long enough, you get a sense of who to trust and who not to trust. Is that ever universal? No. It can't be, because none of us really ever know.

There are those who get a kick out of making stuff up just to see how a board reacts. It's usually pretty obvious. I do NOT feel that way about wt. Wt may or may not always have all the information, but the poster seems to be who she says she is, and seems to be posting as accurately as she can.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie;2586532;
    Tessa would never have a friend post something on this board...after all the hurtful things that have been said here. If ,and this is a big if, Tessa did not want to release a statement through a publicist(one is provided to the contestants.hence the statement about the disengagement) she would go to Tina and her myspace. She has had Tina release messages to her fans before(Best Buddies, fake myspace).JMO!
    I think you are mixing up the honestly hurtful things said on the Bachelor board, with the more moderate observations made on THIS board. Or have I missed something?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DW_a_mom;2594174;
    The problem is, two separate publications have said, SINCE the last official statement from Andy and Tessa, and SINCE the pictures of them together, that they have broken up. If they do not want people to believe that, they need to issue a statement. Yes, they have every right to live privately, but then why are "friends" the rags seem to consider reliable enough to quote claiming they are not together? This HAS NOT happened in past seasons: the rags and the internet bloggers have shown over time that they have NO interest in passing on inaccurate information (board posters claiming to have "inside" information are another matter; I am referring instead to more widely read pieces from sources that peg their reputations on more often than not being accurate). If Andy and Tessa want the talk to die down, they will have to address it. I agree that it is unfortunate, and I can't say why this couple has been fodder for rumor mongering more than any other past couple, but the best way to have peace is to say, "we're still together. We don't know why it's being reported otherwise." The fact that they DON'T is what gives the rumor mill fodder to continue. And, sorry, but your insistence isn't good enough. Do I personally believe they are together? Yes. But something odd is going on as well, and I can't blame others for being curious.
    What two publications? The only one that I have heard about is the "In Touch" article.

Quote Originally Posted by DW_a_mom;2594174;
    The problem is, two separate publications have said, SINCE the last official statement from Andy and Tessa, and SINCE the pictures of them together, that they have broken up. If they do not want people to believe that, they need to issue a statement.
    In my thinking, the best way to have people stop talking about them is for them to both keep their mouths shut. Eventually, people will forget about them, regardless of if they are together or not. Every time an 'official' statement is made, it rekindles what should be (by now) the dying embers of discussion (if not the cold cinders).
    Last edited by MissThing; 10-01-2007 at 08:34 PM.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2594254;
    In my thinking, the best way to have people stop talking about them is for them to both keep their mouths shut. Eventually, people will forget about them, regardless of if they are together or not. Every time an 'official' statement is made, it rekindles what should be (by now) the dying embers of discussion (if not the cold cinders).

I have no idea about the status of Andy and Tessa's relationship, but I TOTALLY agree with your statement Miss Thing! The best way to end any conversation is simply STOP TALKING, lol. jmo,This couple could never explain enough if they were together. People would think o.k. "this second I believe they're o.k." and then boom something happens and another affirmation is expected. jmo, but by saying anything they would just be asking for more questions. They know the status of their relationship and I'd assume that that's all that's important to them. From my observations of t.v. Tessa I doubt if she gives two hoots about what the public thinks, jmo. They're busy with their lives, not waking up thinking about what we think.

FORT Newbie

"From my observations of t.v. Tessa I doubt if she gives two hoots about what the public thinks, jmo. They're busy with their lives, not waking up thinking about what we think." -girlsmom

EXACTLY RIGHT. No offense, but fans, these boards, the public all mean nothing to her when it comes to her relationship w/ Andy.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wt1994;2595318;
    "From my observations of t.v. Tessa I doubt if she gives two hoots about what the public thinks, jmo. They're busy with their lives, not waking up thinking about what we think." -girlsmom

EXACTLY RIGHT. No offense, but fans, these boards, the public all mean nothing to her when it comes to her relationship w/ Andy.
    I here you loud and clear wt. Especially since the broken engagement coupled with statements that they were still into each other.

Seems it's been very quiet since.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

FORT Fogey

I can't say why this couple has been fodder for rumor mongering more than any other past couple, but the best way to have peace is to say, "we're still together. We don't know why it's being reported otherwise." The fact that they DON'T is what gives the rumor mill fodder to continue.
    I agree, DW. This is a simple fix, and it's not because I believe they "owe" it to the public, but the fact is they agreed to have their relationship brought into millions of homes and ABC hyped it as the "most romantic Bachelor ever." So while I'm not interested in the everyday details of their lives, a simple, straight answer to address the rumors would go a long way to put an end to them. As it is the lack of a straightforward response to the gossip only feeds the rumor mill.

I rarely post, but I must say that I feel Andy and Tessa are doing the right thing by ignoring the speculation, rumors and "news items" in certain tabloids. They gave a joint statement when they ended the engagement and IMO it did very little good. Those who wanted to believe otherwise, still chose to and some of the media outlets totally left out the statement - giving no importance to it. So why should they try? They are right to just get on with the business of their personal relationship -- not what some people think their relationship is!

Closed Thread