+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stephanie T. - Bachelor 10

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Stephanie T. - Bachelor 10

Here's an article from the local paper about Stephanie T

Link Here

Rising star
    Family gathers to watch ‘Stephanie T.’ on TV show

By Trevor Stokes

Published: April 10. 2007 3:30AM

When “Stephanie T.” and her younger sister, Ashley Tipper, were growing up, Ashley said the two would pretend to be on TV, mainly doing commercials for Circuit City and Cocoa Pebbles.

“She was always so much better at it than me,” Ashley said.

Well “Stephanie T.,” as she’s known on ABC’s dating reality show “The Bachelor,” no longer needs to pretend.

Stephanie T. has become the latest television celebrity from the Shoals, just weeks after Zac and Angela Hacker competed on “Nashville Star.”

“She’s been really nervous about the shows,” Ashley said before the Tipper family
    gathered to watch Stephanie, the rabble-rousing competitor who is one of 25 women vying to win a man’s heart.

The man: Andy Baldwin, 30-year-old U.S. Navy lieutenant and tri-athlete stationed in Hawaii.

Stephanie T.: 27-year-old organ donor coordinator, alum of Rogers High School and the University of North Alabama who Entertainment Weekly dubbed as “The One Everyone Is Going to Hate.”

On the other hand, Star Magazine’s April 2 issue noted her as one of four favorites to win.

But as the first one to get the “first impression rose” and an exclusive date with Andy on the yacht, perhaps all the other women are jealous.

On last week’s episode, contestant Lindsay called Stephanie T. “kind of heinous” after the local, who now lives in Folly Beach, S.C., got the first rose. Later, Lindsay didn’t receive a rose and got kicked to the curb.

But Stephanie showed her confidence on Monday’s program.

“I plan on getting rose after rose until I get a ring on the finger,” Stephanie said during Monday’s episode, during one of several teasers that lead up to her date on a yacht.

“It’s a rental,” Stephanie’s stepfather joked.

“We used to go on cruises and had to give her Dramamine (motion sickness medication),” her mother said.

During their date, in a bid to emulate the hit movie “The Titanic,” Stephanie and Andy stood at the tip of the ship and Stephanie flapped her arms. “Andy, I’m flying,” she said, which brought laughter from her family.

Before, she told her competitors, “If the opportunity is there, I’m not turning it down,” she said of having a potential first kiss with the bachelor. (She got her kiss, but it wasn’t the first on the show.)

But as the date progressed, the editors cut back to the other women who waited at the house and cut up Stephanie T. as she sailed the Pacific Ocean.

“When I get back from my date, I’m going to run back with my rose,” Stephanie said during the episode.

True enough, Andy offered her a rose, which means that she gets to stay.

Drama aside, her family is proud of her.

During Monday’s episode, at a cross-generational gathering, several times when Stephanie appeared on screen, the family would cheer and clap.

“It’s just a wonderful experience to see your daughter on TV,” said beaming mother, Cathy Markovitz.

During the six-week taping period, Stephanie had no contact with her family, even on her birthday. Stephanie is now one of 12 contestants remaining on the show.

“She’s always wanted to model and go to Hollywood. Period,” her mother said.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie

“She’s always wanted to model and go to Hollywood. Period,” her mother said.

Shows her true intentions. I just can't stand her - she's got a great body - but that's about it. No personality, funny teeth and too big ears. Andy must be thinking w/ his pants.

I do know her personally. She really is an amazing person. It makes me sick that everyone keeps bashing her. I can't help but what these people look like that have been raking her over the coals. I can just imagine! I guess that is all part of it. I really don't think the television does her justice. I don't think I am gonna go over to the ABC board anymore. Those people are hideous!!
    That being said I hope you all have a wonderful day.

I wish she would fix her eyebrows.

I bet she makes it to the final three. She knows how to work it.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904;2323445;
    I wish she would fix her eyebrows.
    I was thinking the same thing. She's got a nice body, but I just can't get past the eyebrows!

Stephanie's eyebrows remind me of women who get face-lifts and end up with the "terminally surprised look".

Quote Originally Posted by Abbycat9;2323499;
    I was thinking the same thing. She's got a nice body, but I just can't get past the eyebrows!
    The eyebrows- yes, to a female they are terribly distracting. But if she robbed a bank naked and there were only male witnesses, she would get away with all the loot, because a man wouldn't look past her surgically enhanced chest! She is definitely a "butterface". (Everything looks good but her face!)

Oh, and if she had an appealing personality, I would not be making that observation. Her "humble" chip must have gotten lost in transit. Damn shame.
    Go Tigers!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I think she's pretty and has a GREAT body. They are certainly giving her the "skank edit" though.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

She is very pretty but something about her personality rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure she's totally fine in person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast