+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Erin - Bachelor 10

Re: Erin - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2332666;
    Re the Bobbsey twins - Nan and Bert were the older set and Flossie and Freddie were the younger set.

It's amazing the useless junk that is retained in a person's brain!
    I think I was eight when I read their adventures. Nan and Bert intimidated me because they were older and wiser :nono . But, I identified with Flossie and Freddie. There is one illustration that still sticks in my mind. The front yard in autumn with the house's porch in the background. We had moved four times by then and I longed for that house.

Boy was this a fun thread jack or what?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I feel so much better now that I know I'm not the only one who not only remembers this nonsense, but can't remember what I had for lunch!

This thread jack was WAY more interesting than talking about how disturbing Erin's lips are. Hopefully, after tonight she'll be gone - lips and all.

FORT Fan

I still have my Bobbsey Twin books ! I haven't thought of them in years. I am 57. I tried to get my daughter to read them - she thought them insipid at the age of 8.

She knew the word "insipid"???? I'm impressed!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2333582;
    She knew the word "insipid"???? I'm impressed!
    No, she knew the word stupid as in "this is really stupid" unlike the babysitter's club books she read which had no redeeming value whatsoever. She's 30 by the way and she called as I was reading your post and couldn't believe her mother was lost in a bachelor reality show website. She wanted to know if I've lost my mind. This from a woman who watched an entire season in 2 nights of The OC. I might add we're both teachers. It's pathetic.

Erin was not Andy's type in any way - too blond and not athletic. I think the producers knew she wasn't his type, but threw her into the mix anyway just to see what would happen.

I thought her remark about liking the shooting range seemed a bit randomly thrown out there. Andy looked surprised. She was cute last night. Not for him though.

I'll miss you Erin! I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself and still chuckle at your totally rocking with the stick shift.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123