+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Danielle I. - Bachelor 10

Re: Danielle I. - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup;2337481;
    Very true. That's why frequently people who are widowed at a young age who were truly in love...find another love in their life and marry again.
    My Mom did. She was divorced from my real dad when I was one. When I was five she met a wonderful man named Lee (he looked just like Steve McQueen, I remember him).

Anyhoodles, they got married on December 31. She was 26 and he was 29, and I was six (when they married). In June five months later, he kept feeling bad and feverish and almost passsing out from little things like mowing the lawn, etc.

So, they went to the dr and the doctors ordered tests. A couple of weeks later on my mother's birthday they told them he had Hodgkins Disease. They told HER but not him that if they tried to have a baby (they had asked about it when they were both in the room) that he wouldn't live to see it born.

He died on January 31, the day after their first anniversary. My mom had sat up with him all night the night before (he had been admitted to the hospital for the last time two weeks earlier) and he couldn't get comfortable and tossed and turned and tossed and turned.

My mom told the Dr. the next morning how bad the night had been (Lee was asleep right at that moment). The Dr. went over and gave him a shot--went and stood and looked out the window for three minutes and didn't say anything---looked at his watch and walked back over to Lee, checked him, and told my mother "He's gone."

My mom was still wearing her wedding ring two years later when she met Lemar (my second stepfather). They married when I was nine and he gave me away at my wedding when I was 34.

I know this is the Danielle thread, and not the "marla's mom's thread" but I wanted to tell that story because I know from up close experience that Danielle can definitely love again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2337646;
    My Mom did. She was divorced from my real dad when I was one. When I was five she met a wonderful man named Lee (he looked just like Steve McQueen, I remember him).

Anyhoodles, they got married on December 31. She was 26 and he was 29, and I was six (when they married). In June five months later, he kept feeling bad and feverish and almost passsing out from little things like mowing the lawn, etc.

So, they went to the dr and the doctors ordered tests. A couple of weeks later on my mother's birthday they told them he had Hodgkins Disease. They told HER but not him that if they tried to have a baby (they had asked about it when they were both in the room) that he wouldn't live to see it born.

He died on January 31, the day after their first anniversary. My mom had sat up with him all night the night before (he had been admitted to the hospital for the last time two weeks earlier) and he couldn't get comfortable and tossed and turned and tossed and turned.

My mom told the Dr. the next morning how bad the night had been (Lee was asleep right at that moment). The Dr. went over and gave him a shot--went and stood and looked out the window for three minutes and didn't say anything---looked at his watch and walked back over to Lee, checked him, and told my mother "He's gone."

My mom was still wearing her wedding ring two years later when she met Lemar (my second stepfather). They married when I was nine and he gave me away at my wedding when I was 34.

I know this is the Danielle thread, and not the "marla's mom's thread" but I wanted to tell that story because I know from up close experience that Danielle can definitely love again!!!
    Aww Marla! That is a sad story...I'm so sorry.
    It is so similar to Danielle's story, that's weird.
    Your mom did it, and anyone can. Danielle will love again, I don't think it's with Andy, but someone will be the love of her life again! Nick will help that happen!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2337659;
    Aww Marla! That is a sad story...I'm so sorry.
    It is so similar to Danielle's story, that's weird.
    Your mom did it, and anyone can. Danielle will love again, I don't think it's with Andy, but someone will be the love of her life again! Nick will help that happen!
    Thanks! There was definitely a happy ending though! I know there will be for Danielle too!

Quote Originally Posted by boskeroo;2337587;
    One of my favorite moments in Bachelor history was Meredith and Bob Guiney visiting Nana's grave.
    I had totally forgotten that. That's when you really think they forget the cameras are rolling.

Marla, that's a terribly sad story, albeit a happy ending for your mom. What a heartbreak that must have been for her. I'm sorry to hear you all went through out. That's a little weird about the shot the dr. gave him too. Goodness.

I love these pics of Danielle in her race care outfit!

This is my favorite~
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2337787;
    This is my favorite~
    She is sooooo gorgeous sitting there with him!!!

They look like a twin brother and sister...who get their teeth whitened at the same dentist.

I love all those photos of her! In the race car photos she really looks like a movie star gorgeuos spy.

They just look so happy together!

confused

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2337847;
    I love all those photos of her! In the race car photos she really looks like a movie star gorgeuos spy.

They just look so happy together!
    I think she looks like a Charlie's Angel in the race car outfit. She is very pretty.

+ Reply to Thread