+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 114 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Bevin - Bachelor 10

Re: Bevin - Bachelor 10

First, I want to say I have liked Bevin from the first episode and have thought she was the one from the moment he drooled over her "battle scars". I believe in love at first sight, not love in a month, love in a year, although some people take that long but I think Bevin fell "at first sight". I think Andy fell as hard but with 25 other women he just wanted to make sure before he follows his first instinct. Analytical men tend to not believe what is handed to them on a platter until they think about it for awhile.

Second, I have never considered her whiny, needy, sulky or anything like that. She, IMHO, has experienced such a rush of emotion and it has left her vunerable and disoriented. On top of her ankle being hurt the whole experience has proven to be very emotional for her.

Third, alot of people have discounted her ankle and said they have sprained their ankle's and yet went on doing stuff, etc. I just think it should be noted that she is away from everything familiar, with people she hardly knows and exploring these explosive emotions she is feeling and getting injured. Not everyone's pain tolerance level is high. My sister can get a paper cut and "whine" because she just can't tolerate the pain and need to take tylenol for days, I on the other hand rarely need pain killers and didn't take any a day after shoulder surgery. Everyone is different and that has to be understood that she may get hurt alot but not tolerate pain. I know I would feel insecure if I was left behind on the "first" date on a VERY SHORT DATING SHOW. She is more than likely feeling she has to "catch up" which may look agressive to people.

As far as her divorce, well Andy is very analytical and has dealt with everything in a very military and precise fashion. And IMHO, analytical and cautious (Tessa) don't make for a challeging relationship. Bevin is an impulsive, let's jump with both feet personality. And in a relationship with Andy it could prove to be very challenging for him. How do I know? My dh (very A type personality) has to be pulled off the cliff whenever I jump!

As far as the (distasteful in some's opinion) tattoos. They aren't ever mentioned by Andy, never have been discussed and aren't focused on by him that we have been shown. Some on the board have been turned off by them. In alot of cultures being tattooed is very beautiful (and no I don't have any).

As far as I can see, Bevin is a beautiful person, inside and out, and has dealt the best she can in a fast paced situation with obstacles the others have not had to deal with. She is in love and I believe he is too. I will believe it is her if he allows his heart to truly take over.

Thanks for being so patient with such a long post....... and GO BEVIN!

Thank you Bjaminsmom for your thoughtful post. In one of her first PIs she said when she first saw him she thought she would faint. She has been fanning herself ever since.

About her voice. It may be the Northwest syndrome again as noted last year by an Oregon poster, which is kind of twangy, nasaly. Notice that there is nasal in her regular voice. When she is stressed, it ratchets up into what sounds like whine to a lot of people. Anyway that is my theory on the non-crying whiny sound. For me, it is pronouncing wash as warsh. I was born in Oregon, but only lived there long enough to learn to speak. My Oregon extended family also says crick instead of creek, so there are regionalisms including tone of voice that can mark one. I'm reaching, I know...but I'm just so tired of reading about her whiny voice.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Congrats on your post of the week, Arielflies.

I went to highschool in Spokane, Washington, college just south of that, worked in Seattle and Portland, Oregon. I've never heard about a NW voice inflection, ever. I know about the Minnesota sound of ones voice, the Tennessee sound, the Texas sound, the Chicago sound, the Boston sound, teh Jersey sound, but if there is a Seattle sound, I'm not aware of it.

Please don't take offense, I lived in the NW for 20 years, and I'm unaware of our voices having a regional sound like the ones I mentioned above.

Thanks Arielflies, and congrats on your post of the week.

I agree with the NW syndrome. I was born and raised in Montana and we definitely have that syndrome. I have lived in CA for 20 years and still say crick and warsh (old habits die hard) and definitely agree it can come off as a non-crying whiny sound.

Talldede, when I moved to CA I was constantly asked about my "accent" and what part of the country it was from. My family settled in WA when it was a territory before moving to MT and all our relatives in Seattle have the Seattle sound....

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2364676;
    I'm just so tired of reading about her whiny voice.
    No offense intended, but I think her voice is categorized by so many as whiny ... because she whines so much.

The girls are all in the same situation ... but they are not shown crying and complaining all the time. I find her behavior odd to say the least, but I wonder if her profession ... isn't she a clincal research coordinator ? ... may be one that has her emotionally raw much of the time and that's just how she operates.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom;2364756;
    Thanks Arielflies, and congrats on your post of the week.

I agree with the NW syndrome. I was born and raised in Montana and we definitely have that syndrome. I have lived in CA for 20 years and still say crick and warsh (old habits die hard) and definitely agree it can come off as a non-crying whiny sound.

Talldede, when I moved to CA I was constantly asked about my "accent" and what part of the country it was from. My family settled in WA when it was a territory before moving to MT and all our relatives in Seattle have the Seattle sound....

You were asked about an accent....the things we learn. I was not aware of the NW having a sound. I was raised in CA til I was 12, so I guess my voice patterns stayed in CA.

I just looked up Pacific Northwest English in Wikipedia and I don't understand all of the linguists terms, but in essence I understand it to say the PNW has very little distinctive regional accent.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I hear the Washington accent all the time (that's what I've always heard people refer to it as here in British Columbia.... I guess that's because we get so many tourists and visitors from Seattle, Bellingham, Tacoma etc etc)

They usually say beg for bag, teg for tag, benk for bank, fleg instead of flag just to name a few and most also have a sort of "nasal" sound during conversation.

I never really thought about it when listening to Bevin (maybe because I've gotten used to that accent since I hear it on pretty much a daily basis dealing with the public).... but now that it's been mentioned yes she does have some of the Washington sound when talking.

Next show I will have to listen to her with that in mind.
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 05-03-2007 at 02:29 AM.

Excellent post, Bjaminsmom! You are right, we cannot judge one's pain tolerance nor know the level of emotions that were experienced on the show. Very insightful post!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

5. Special time. He does pick Bevin. She did ask how your day was, he slacked off and she asks if he needed a check up. He responds to that and there is ELECTRICITY in the air. He is carrying her in his arms that night and something changed.
    Yes he has a connection with Bevin - he has electricity with her, but it takes more than electricity to make a relationship work. If you listen to everything Andy has said about the type of woman he wants, Bevin does not match at all (let me clarify - the edit that Bevin is getting is not at all compatable with what Andy is looking for.)

If Bevin is the woman he chooses, then I believe Andy would be absolutely furious with the edit she had gotten and he would be saying something about it in every single interview. I just do not believe that the woman Andy chooses will be portrayed the way Bevin as been portrayed.

He said this is an interview posted in the media thread:

LH: Let me ask you this, what does a Superman such as yourself look for in a Superwoman? What kind of traits are you looking for?
    AB: In a Wonderwoman? A woman who has a good personality & sense of humour & wit & who can challenge me & that I can challenge back – that is so much more sexy in my eyes & you know as you see this season progress, I mean you really will see me falling in love with that type of woman.

As the season progresses you will me falling in love - if it was Bevin, he would have said you could see me falling in love, almost from the first date!

+ Reply to Thread